Why are my leaf tips yellow

• Thread starter Cufzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cufzz

It’s been about 45 days since i planted this and the tips of the leaves are curling down and turning yellow I’m not sure if this was because the light was to close it was about 13 inches above on %100 so I put it to 16 inches at 80% I’m using the FECiDA 600W LED Grow Light can someone help please
Why are my leaf tips yellow

C

Cufzz

Are you feeding with anything?

Generally the tips curling down is nitrogen toxicity and yellow tips is to strong nutrients
I give them tripart 5-0-1 micro tripartite 3-1-6 grow tripartite 0-5-4 bloom and 4-0-0 cal mag amino every second watering

R

rangabud

Hopefully some guys that know soil will chime in soon as I don't know soil well.
But my guess would be nutrient are a little strong.

Is that a hydro nutrient by any chance kinda looks like GP3 or something similar? By careful with them in soil and atleast half what the recommended dose is

But it doesn't look to bad yet its pretty mild by the looks of it so that's a good thing.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I suspect you're overfed and over-lit. You could confirm the former by checking the EC/ppms of your run-off water. The latter is just based on slight taco-ing and a touch of "tips and stripes" on the upper growth, and purple streaking on the lower stems and petioles. If I'm running soil, I feed when run-off ppms drop below 900 on the 500 scale (or 1.8 EC). I give calmag with every watering through week 4 of flower, when I switch to mag sulfur.

mrsdabfire

mrsdabfire

Supporter
If you notice the tips of your cannabis leaves turning yellow, it can be a sign of various issues. Here are some possible reasons:

Firstly, the yellowing of leaf tips can be due to nutrient deficiencies. Cannabis plants need various nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium to grow properly. Lack of these nutrients can cause yellowing of the leaves.

Overwatering or underwatering can also lead to yellowing of the leaf tips. Overwatering can cause root rot and lead to yellowing, while underwatering can make the leaves dry and brittle.

Another reason for yellowing of leaf tips is light burn. Cannabis plants require the right amount of light to grow properly. If they receive too much light, it can cause the leaf tips to dry out and turn yellow.

An imbalanced pH level can also cause yellowing of the leaf tips. Cannabis plants need a pH range of 6.0 to 7.0 to absorb nutrients correctly. If the pH level is too high or low, it can cause nutrient deficiencies and yellowing of the leaf tips.

Lastly, a pest infestation can also cause yellowing of the leaf tips. Pests like spider mites or thrips can feed on the plant's nutrients, causing the leaf tips to turn yellow.

To identify the exact cause of the yellowing, it's essential to examine the plant and its environment closely. You can conduct a soil pH test, check the watering schedule, and examine the leaves for signs of pest infestation. Once you identify the cause, you can make appropriate adjustments to improve the health of your cannabis plant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom