• Thread starter Gboi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Good Luck!!
Question, do you only use elevator when flushing? I have saucers and usually the runoff is soaked back up after an hour or so after watering
The thing with runoff is it's not runoff if it's getting sucked back in. You want it to literally run off away from the pots never to return (remember the salt buildup?) we want that not to happen, You can only use the risers when you water if you want, but don't see any benefit other than getting a good workout. Leave them under the pots. Set it and forget it. short answer would be, No, you do not ONLY use them when flushing. You set them under the pots as a permanent fixture. You'll want to vacuum out the excess water or have some sort of drainage away from your grow area. I can't help you with a drainage design, sorry, another reason why I went organic... so simple.

Last edited:
StrongIsland

StrongIsland

I would flush them with (florakleen) and it should fix em. It worked for me when i hadthat problem.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I would flush them with (florakleen) and it should fix em. It worked for me when i hadthat problem.
not if he doesn't know how to flush. he has his pots sitting on the ground. All that excess water is getting sucked back in the pots, so is he really flushing?

B

Ben.Jamin

Good Luck!!

The thing with runoff is it's not runoff if it's getting sucked back in. You want it to literally run off away from the pots never to return (remember the salt buildup?) we want that not to happen, You can only use the risers when you water if you want, but don't see any benefit other than getting a good workout. Leave them under the pots. Set it and forget it. short answer would be, No, you do not ONLY use them when flushing. You set them under the pots as a permanent fixture. You'll want to vacuum out the excess water or have some sort of drainage away from your grow area. I can't help you with a drainage design, sorry, another reason why I went organic... so simple.
I have a shop vac, that won’t be an issue. For now I just used what I have to raise them, but just bought risers that you sent link to. Flushed with pure RO water ph’d to 5.8.

The runoff on the smaller pots PH is 6 and PPM is 700
Larger pots runoff is PH 5.5 and PPM 400

IMG 0021
B

Ben.Jamin

not if he doesn't know how to flush. he has his pots sitting on the ground. All that excess water is getting sucked back in the pots, so is he really flushing?
This has probably been my problem since day 1 first grow. Always had them sitting in saucers with runoff, ugh! I don’t know where I picked up that bad habit but it’s being corrected right now!

Again really appreciate the advice, you guys rock!

K

kingdom_living

I mean I don’t know about you but I pull my pots out of the tent when I flush. I don’t know of anyone who just flushes their plants on the floor like that to just runoff into their substrate. I highly doubt he does that…

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I mean I don’t know about you but I pull my pots out of the tent when I flush. I don’t know of anyone who just flushes their plants on the floor like that to just runoff into their substrate. I highly doubt he does that…
he just said he did a few comments above

B

Ben.Jamin

You are correct, I do take them out when I flush and suck the water of the saucers at 2 weeks left in flower just wasn’t sure if you flushed the same in growbags. I have not been sucking the runoff out after each water/feeding only when I have flush.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
You are correct, I do take them out when I flush and suck the water of the saucers at 2 weeks left in flower just wasn’t sure if you flushed the same in growbags. I have not been sucking the runoff out after each water/feeding only when I have flush.
well, now I'm confused. you were flushing when you didn't know what flushing was?

what you said... (I haven’t flushed my soil, is there a recommended way to do so in growbags? This is my first time using growbags so learning as I go)

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I'm out of here.. too many brains are fried

B

Ben.Jamin

well, now I'm confused. you were flushing when you didn't know what flushing was?
I know what flushing is, what I meant I wasn’t sure if the process was the same using growbags vs nursery pots. First time using growbags. What I didn’t know is that it’s best to suck out the runoff after every water/feeding I was just letting it soak back up in the pot.

B

Ben.Jamin

Update

Purchased flood trays, stands and risers. on order arrival tomorrow florakleen, digital PH and EC/TDC soil meters. I plan to do one more flush with the Florakeen tomorrow, let dry out and then half nutes to ease back in. If anyone can think of anything I am missing to ensure I stay on top of media to keep everything in balance please reply with advice. Thank you group!

A few pics of upgrade sorry the grow room is a wreck, still need to install the stand in Veg room.

20230807 122658
20230807 122646
20230807 122644
20230807 122636
20230807 122622
B

Ben.Jamin

guys/gals can I trouble you for a bit more advice?

Saturday I flushed and planning to use Florakleen tomorrow with my watering. I already see some improvement, I am getting new growth and hopefully by the end of the week I am back on track.

I went ahead and transplanted the last 3 into 7g grow bags, the Amnesia Haze, and OG Kush had good root growth swirling around perimeter, both were slightly damp as expected and will be ready for water tomorrow. When I transplanted the Chemdog it was still really wet and didn’t have a lot of roots around the perimeter. I popped the seeds all at the same time and the Chemdog is much smaller than the other 7.

I am wondering if the nute burn stunted this plant?
If so is there anything that can be done to help it recover or will it just stay small?
She doesn’t have a whole lot of fan leaves so I am hesitant to clip off the effected leaves, is that the right move?
If she is stunted forever, would clones from her be viable or is there no hope?

I feel like these are pretty dumb questions but I have not been growing for very long only about a year with 3 harvests under my belt. My 3 grows before went well and progressively gotten better each time. Now I feel like I am going backwards and questioning everything I am doing.

IMG 0023
IMG 0024
IMG 0025
T

ThirtyThreeIV

I am having a couple problems I believe. A little about my grow room first
Converted a portion of my garage into a grow room.
24000 BTU mini split A/C
3x 1000w Spider Farmer LED lights
Co2 generator - propane burner type
Dehumidifier used as needed
Temp set 72 degrees although I just adjusted to 78 due electric bill
Humidity 64%
I have lights 24” above the canopy
Using RO water and I catch the condensation from the AC as well
My tap water is not that great has Chloramine and my previous grows were effected by it.
I add Calmag plus iron to my water 5ml per gallon
Medium is promix bx + biofungicide/ mychorrhizae
Nutes - advanced nutrients micro/grow/bloom 4ml per liter when in veg through flower half that amount for seedling
Feed schedule is 2 waters then Feed repeat for entire grow.
Pots just started using grow bags just recently. The 8 plants in veg were all in 1 gallon pots, then transplanted in 7 gallon grow bags. I have 3 left to transplant. My 4 seedlings I started 1 gallon grow bags and that will be norm going forward, 1 gallon GB to start transplant into 7 gallon GB when they grow to about 1.5ft
I have veg room and flower room. The pics you see the plants are in flower room bc I harvested last week and the room is empty and I need to do bit of work in my veg room
I only plan to have 4 plants per light although the pics show all under 1 light, but that it temporary.

Now to my issues. It seems I have 2 plants that have a few leaves clawing and all of the plants have leaves that have small brown spots on them. I defoliate the leaves that have the spots but I did leave a few on for diagnosis in the pics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Looks like you have a nutrient lockout that is preventing the uptake of macronutrients caused by overwatering and underoxygenation . A dark green claw is a nitrogen overfertilzation. A yellow claw is usually overwatering. Brown spots can be a potassium shortage or fungal disease.

Either way it sounds like you should cut back on watering, and maybe treat your plants with compost/casting tea

T

ThirtyThreeIV

guys/gals can I trouble you for a bit more advice?

Saturday I flushed and planning to use Florakleen tomorrow with my watering. I already see some improvement, I am getting new growth and hopefully by the end of the week I am back on track.

I went ahead and transplanted the last 3 into 7g grow bags, the Amnesia Haze, and OG Kush had good root growth swirling around perimeter, both were slightly damp as expected and will be ready for water tomorrow. When I transplanted the Chemdog it was still really wet and didn’t have a lot of roots around the perimeter. I popped the seeds all at the same time and the Chemdog is much smaller than the other 7.

I am wondering if the nute burn stunted this plant?
If so is there anything that can be done to help it recover or will it just stay small?
She doesn’t have a whole lot of fan leaves so I am hesitant to clip off the effected leaves, is that the right move?
If she is stunted forever, would clones from her be viable or is there no hope?

I feel like these are pretty dumb questions but I have not been growing for very long only about a year with 3 harvests under my belt. My 3 grows before went well and progressively gotten better each time. Now I feel like I am going backwards and questioning everything I am doing.

The more I look the more I think your overwatering.

Remember- your fabric pots are in a plastic tray, which doesn’t draw moisture out of your pot like concrete or clay, or even the air. They will dry out top down because of the heat source. Not evenly. Just because they are fabric doesn’t mean they are foolproof

B

Ben.Jamin

Looks like you have a nutrient lockout that is preventing the uptake of macronutrients caused by overwatering and underoxygenation . A dark green claw is a nitrogen overfertilzation. A yellow claw is usually overwatering. Brown spots can be a potassium shortage or fungal disease.

Either way it sounds like you should cut back on watering, and maybe treat your plants with compost/casting tea
yeah I am pretty sure it was lockout. I flushed on Saturday, going to use Florakleen with my next watering, should be here tomorrow

T

ThirtyThreeIV

yeah I am pretty sure it was lockout. I flushed on Saturday, going to use Florakleen with my next watering, should be here tomorrow
what soil do you use and are you using fertilizer in the first month?

B

Ben.Jamin

The more I look the more I think your overwatering.

Remember- your fabric pots are in a plastic tray, which doesn’t draw moisture out of your pot like concrete or clay, or even the air. They will dry out top down because of the heat source. Not evenly. Just because they are fabric doesn’t mean they are foolproof
They were transplanted into the fabric from 1g plastic just a few days ago, before transplant they would be super light before i watered/feed. I didn't go overboard on the flush on Saturday just ran PH'd water through the 7G at about 2-2.5 gallons. The 3 that hadn't transplanted yet got about a gallon each. I had been letting the runoff soak back up, and not sure why I was thinking that would be ok, now they are on risers. I believe that is why I got lockup. My other 3 grows I was doing the same thing similar problems with brown spots. I thought it was lack of something like calcium/Magnesium defentiancy, or my tap water so i switch to RO with Calmag suppliment. Now i think all 3 grows before i was locking them up because i didn't discard the runoff just let them soak it back up. I have just been learning on my own the last year, then stumbled along the THCFarmer Forums a few days ago and decided I needed help.

B

Ben.Jamin

what soil do you use and are you using fertilizer in the first month?
If you read through the thread, you can see a bunch of those questions answered, not being jerk btw.

I am using Pro-Mix BX specifically this one

Nutes - Advanced Nutreints Micro Grow Bloom.
CalMag + Nitrogen added to RO water on non feed days, and feed I only add in the MGB at recommended dose with no calmag added

Top Bottom