why are my nutrient ppms rising after 1 week?

• Thread starter rronnie166
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rronnie166

I started week 3 of flower at 1300ppm. 7 days later Im reading 1500 ppm. I thought you were supposed to lose ppms not gain them???

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Are you recirculating or drain to waste? If you're recirculating and aren't adding fresh water to replace what the plants drink that may be your problem.

R

rronnie166

i am recirculating. I didnt know I had to add fresh water. Is that because the plant drinks the water and leaves the nutes? I thought the plants take in the nutes and the ppms go down Im confused

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
i am recirculating. I didnt know I had to add fresh water. Is that because the plant drinks the water and leaves the nutes? I thought the plants take in the nutes and the ppms go down Im confused
When your feed is too strong, they will just drink the water

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
they eat and drink what they want.some days they will chow down on nutes and some days they will chug water. i noticed this most in RDWC but it applies in every method.just keep topping off with water. they like the swing in ppm's, but keep your eye on ph.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
or use a weaker solution and drain to waste if you dont wanna top off

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
like amber was asking. if your ph is lowering you are feeding to much if its going up your not feeding enough. when its just about right the ph wont swing so much nor will the ppms you will just need to add back what they drank

Top Bottom