why are my plants drinkin so much

• Thread starter wambam123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wambam123

wambam123

i have 10 lemon skunk plants 3 week into flower and they are drinkin 3 litres of water a day and drying up really fast. the plants are 5 ft and in 11l pots. any ideas?

420Gator

420Gator

i think the pots may just be a little samll. not sure what 11L equals but i think just over 2 gallons? i have 50 plants in 3 gal pots and they are drinking alot too need to be watered everyday

wambam123

wambam123

could i go for bigger pots at 4 weeks into flowering im gonna go 9 weeks with this strain or just water when needed?

420Gator

420Gator

i wouldnt upgrade pot size, do you have any runoff after u feed them?

wambam123

wambam123

yer just a few drops in some pots and about a quart L run off

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
what kind of grow media ya using

C

chranotik

11 liter = 2.90589258 US gallons .. kind of small pots for 5 footers, u should try pullin one out real carefully to check if they are rootbound or almost there.. also not much you can really do because repotting them late in flowering would add too much stress.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah bro you gonna have to up the pot size considerably>>>Way to small for what your working with>>>also note that Coco dries out really fast and would require you to prob water every other day or so depending on how hot your room is:)

I usually mix 70% Coco 30% soil just so it doesnt dry out so fast and so i dont have to water on daily basis:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

wambam123

wambam123

chranotik they are root bound the whole thing is white with roots.greenthunbdanny thanks for getting back to me,as i am at the start of week 4 i could not repot cause of stress could u reccomend anything.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
stress>>>> not really be gentle and dont disturb the root structure to much imo aint hard really:) Just aggitated the bottom of it>>>>Least thats what I would do if I was in that boat:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

T

ThreeFingers

You chouls be able to re-pot.After re-potitng watter soak them this will alow the media to expand and pull roots with it or expand normaiil.

F

farmerjohn

The plants tell you when you need to water them. Simple as that. Know what they should weigh almost dry & when they are @ that weight water them completely. Takes a lot of the guesswork out of it & its almost impossible to over or under water. Slip ur nutes to the plants between regular waterings by lightly watering with the nutes around the stem area to avoid runoff down the sides of the pots.

D

Doomsterx

yeah bro coco sucks the juice from them whores. i would go up to a bigger pot size for sure. transpanting in coco works great too they catch roots into the new mediuem quickly which is nice. but once those roots go through u will definentally be watering once a day again. they just drink hard in coco and they love it. try mixing soil next time if this is an issue for you. my 2cents

Top Bottom