Why Are My Plants Droopy?

• Thread starter Ajwhatup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Ajwhatup

About a week ago I had 2 plants in white 5 gallon buckets and 2 in regular 5 gallon pots. The 2 in buckets started dropping really bad. I figured it may have something to do with the buckets because my other 2 plants were happy as could be. I transplanted the 2 that were in buckets into 10 gallon pots and in less than 2 days they perked up. Now a week later they are back to drooping. Is it root bound? I already spent a shit ton of money on bigger pots each time. Is it too much water? I give it less than a gallon every 2 days or so. And nutes once a week. I'm pretty worried because it's week 3 or 4 into flower and I dont want her dying on me at the end. It's in the upper 90s but pretty humid. They get shade for the last 2 hours of the day.

Why are my plants droopy
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

About a week ago I had 2 plants in white 5 gallon buckets and 2 in regular 5 gallon pots. The 2 in buckets started dropping really bad. I figured it may have something to do with the buckets because my other 2 plants were happy as could be. I transplanted the 2 that were in buckets into 10 gallon pots and in less than 2 days they perked up. Now a week later they are back to drooping. Is it root bound? I already spent a shit ton of money on bigger pots each time. Is it too much water? I give it less than a gallon every 2 days or so. And nutes once a week. I'm pretty worried because it's week 3 or 4 into flower and I dont want her dying on me at the end. It's in the upper 90s but pretty humid. They get shade for the last 2 hours of the day.
prevent the issue buy a simple moisture reading,cheap one ,keep moisture at 45 to 55% and there isnt anymore guessing,plant looks fine to me other than it hot,shit i went and done a hour of work in my garden and i feel just like that plant,hahah

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Looks like wet feet (overwatering). The tops are standing up, but the leaves are dropping. Let them dry out a LOT. Wait for the pot to feel light (check them now).

Mashedmitten

Mashedmitten

I'd look to the bucket's prior use. You said you recently transplanted so I'm guessing you would have noticed rootbind. Kind of lets out drowning, also. You did drill holes in the old buckets for drainage, right?

A

Ajwhatup

I'd look to the bucket's prior use. You said you recently transplanted so I'm guessing you would have noticed rootbind. Kind of lets out drowning, also. You did drill holes in the old buckets for drainage, right?
Yea

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Water it... And dont water these on your schedule.. Water on theirs. Soak the pot and leave it till its dry.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Also being that it is 90, too much heat can be the cause, specially if the pot dries up quickly, If possible use a shade cloth over plant, or under a tree branch. It will defuse the direct sun and cool the plant some.
Having it shaded the whole light period will not hurt your yield any. In most cases it will improve it.

Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
shade the pot to lower the soil temp
white plastic round the pot as if it were a Christmas tree

A

Ajwhatup

How much water do yall thing a 10 gallon potted plant would need? Its fuckin hot like 95 degrees and I'm not sure how much to water. Like a gallon or 2 for each one?

Buddo

Buddo

20% of the pot size, check how much runoff is coming out the bottom if it’s “a lot” then reduce amount so that there only “alittle”.
next watering when top 2 inches of soil are bone dry.Lift the pot (if you can) when you have watered and again when you water next, you’ll get a feel for a dry pot/wet pot with time.

, have a look into mulching weed plants, helps to retain water,reduce heat at root zones and helps the beneficials in the soil.

Good luck

Peace

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I think this is happening to me. I would like to think that its not my watering procedure. I lift up every plant to get a feel of dryness. How do the bigger farmers do it? The hydrometer?
I'm thinking it might be slowed down by the old roots. I'm a dumbass and probably missed some of the old root ball!?!?
Whats a good procedure for cleaning ur coco perlite mix after a grow? What am I gonna do with the g mix I'm using afterwards? @G gnome
I made my mix before finding his mix.
Necessity is one hell of an innovator!
I had easy access to moisture control MG so I used that which is a good ratio I'm thinking 1/3 of perlite coco soil.
I was going to just keep "diluting" this mix until I get a consistent mixture.
She is the only one doing it so I'm thinking its old growth.
Thanks for any advice on how to attack my next phase. Haze extreme photos. Original haze and cheese.
Its your bud,
-Ty

G gnome

G gnome

I think this is happening to me. I would like to think that its not my watering procedure. I lift up every plant to get a feel of dryness. How do the bigger farmers do it? The hydrometer?
I'm thinking it might be slowed down by the old roots. I'm a dumbass and probably missed some of the old root ball!?!?
Whats a good procedure for cleaning ur coco perlite mix after a grow? What am I gonna do with the g mix I'm using afterwards? @G gnome
I made my mix before finding his mix.
Necessity is one hell of an innovator!
I had easy access to moisture control MG so I used that which is a good ratio I'm thinking 1/3 of perlite coco soil.
I was going to just keep "diluting" this mix until I get a consistent mixture.
She is the only one doing it so I'm thinking its old growth.
Thanks for any advice on how to attack my next phase. Haze extreme photos. Original haze and cheese.
Its your bud,
-Ty
Lets see some pix

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Lets see some pix
@ work. I didnt water this morning hoping it was an overwatering and just overreacting. I'm making the switch from pure coco to the g mix for the pure maintenance and time factors.
I have to keep myself from believeing they arebt supposed to dry out completely before the next watering.
I like what gt21 said water on thw plant schedule but its kinda hard when I dont have the luxury of being there before lights out when doing 12 12

Bannacis

Bannacis

How much water do yall thing a 10 gallon potted plant would need? Its fuckin hot like 95 degrees and I'm not sure how much to water. Like a gallon or 2 for each one?
You want to have some run off, every few waterings/feedings do a flush with plain water, and you want a considerable run off. that will flush any buiid ups, especially before flip of 12/12. do a double flush...in ten gallon pot. run about 10 -15 gallons in pot, wait half hour run another 10-15 gal. the first run will flush and spread through pot container, then second flush will flush out the salts that it absorbed and spread better in pot because of the first soak.
If your pots are black and in the direct sun they will overheat. (shade cloth)....you can toss some ice onto your medium surface, I know it sounds crazy, but on really hot days it will cool down your root ball as the ice melts and soaks up.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Lets see some pix
The first is of the plant that I overwatered. Oops. My judgement of the 5 gallon pot being empty was off. I have 3 and 5 gallon just because I wanted to see if there was a dramatic difference between the 2.
It is all the g mix I described earlier.
Some of it was organiks from the grow shop and the rest was moisture control miracle grrrrrow. Yes it seems ok. I believe I started em around june 1 from seed.
The largest of the 6 is in coco perlite. But a close second 3 4 5 6th are the mix. Hey ya can't beat that for soil.
Does this plant look like it has a deficiency?
They are autos after all....wont make that mistake again.

Top Bottom