Why are my plants so sad?

• Thread starter LoFive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LoFive

In the last few days my plants have really just gotten droopy and bottom leaves are yellowing. I intend to place them outside as always but waiting until a few more weeks. Not sure why the sudden change from healthy to sickly.

Haven't started nutes yet as I didn't feel they were quite ready yet. Am I over watering or is there something else I need to be looking into. Light intensity is set at 75% about 20 inches away from plants.

I have not checked ph although I intend to. This is a routine for me every year and I never have had this issue before. Hoping someone can chime in. I'm more of an outdoor grower than indoor so this is a little overwhelming to me. Thanks!
Why are my plants so sad 3

Why are my plants so sad
Why are my plants so sad 2

L

LoFive

what’s your watering method?
how much, how often?I
I try and wait until the soil dries about an inch under the soil line. I recently just transplanted them to these non-fabric pots for the time being but I couldn't believe one over water during the transplant would do this. They are non-fabric pots so I'm thinking oxygen was not getting to the roots along with over watering since my indoor tent is cramped with pots. My mistake of starting them too early in the season. But it's a lesson learned.

I put them in my vented greenhouse with a fan circulating through to help dry the soil out. I also believe I mixed a bit too much peat moss with my pro mix while transplanting but I was trying to be resourceful with what I had.

Which would lead me to another question... my sunrise now is 6:50am and sunset is 7:49pm currently. Would I risk any of them flowering early even though it is past the 12 light hours? I believe giving them space with ample air should perk them up. Don't think it's a pest or nutrient issue. PH is a possibility. Never thought about it until now. This is the first year I got such an early start. Too excited I guess.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I try and wait until the soil dries about an inch under the soil line. I recently just transplanted them to these non-fabric pots for the time being but I couldn't believe one over water during the transplant would do this. They are non-fabric pots so I'm thinking oxygen was not getting to the roots along with over watering since my indoor tent is cramped with pots. My mistake of starting them too early in the season. But it's a lesson learned.

I put them in my vented greenhouse with a fan circulating through to help dry the soil out. I also believe I mixed a bit too much peat moss with my pro mix while transplanting but I was trying to be resourceful with what I had.

Which would lead me to another question... my sunrise now is 6:50am and sunset is 7:49pm currently. Would I risk any of them flowering early even though it is past the 12 light hours? I believe giving them space with ample air should perk them up. Don't think it's a pest or nutrient issue. PH is a possibility. Never thought about it until now. This is the first year I got such an early start. Too excited I guess.
my pro mix is a mixture of peat moss and coir why would you need to add more peat moss ?

420autoflier

420autoflier

Transplant shock and a little over watered. theyll come around soon..

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Look at the plant.
Stalks are standing up full of water not wilting.
Leaves are loaded with water and drooping.

You need to stop watering this plant, it's drowning. Water well so all of the medium is wet, then let the pot dry out a few days before you water again.

No more a splash every time you feel like watering it. Water or feed only when the plant is dry dry and "needs" water!

I'd say the light is also to close. Move the light up so it's at least 30" above the top of the plants.
60% power if you have a dial. keep the 30 " as the plant grows taller buy moving the light up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom