Why are my Seedling leaves are curling down?

• Thread starter Creep420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Creep420

Creep420

Hello everyone, It’s been a while since I’ve posted but am having an issue I can’t seem to solve with the research I’m doing. I am on my 3rd indoor grow, but am very much still new to this. I have 6 autos; 3x Cherry Fog, 3x Landlocked Funk. (First experience with Autos) 3-4 of them have their first and second set of leaves pointing downwards, and curling inwards on the tips and edges.

-54W Fluorescent seed starting light, about 4

-Happy Frog soil, with 20% perlite, decent amt of drainage holes

-No nutes added, but not sure if Happy Frog is great for seedlings?

-Water when it feels dry (Weight check) every 3-4 days roughly

-PH of the water (Deer Park) seems on par with what it should be

-Lights are on 24/7

-Plants are growing slowly, at 2 weeks old

-Seedling Heat mat at about 80 degrees, with the room being 68-70

-Small Desk fan for air movement.

Any ideas as to what is going on with the leaves curling, or do they look okay to you? I wondered if I watered too much early on, so I made sure to let them dry out. I noticed today two of them (One being the one with dramatic droopage) were very thirsty, and hopefully will recover. I also am curious if they are doing this to conserve moisture and maybe I let them dry out for too long in between waterings at this stage. Should I continue and not worry? I would love your thoughts, thanks again

Marijuana seedling leaves curling down
Why do cannabis plant leaves turn down?

Last edited by a moderator:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have a bag of happy frog. I always assumed it was pretty hot potting soil. (I could be wrong about that) It could be too hot for seedlings. However, leaves pointing down usually means over-watering/soil too wet/poor drainage situation.

I use a 1/4" drill bit and drill 5-6 holes through the bottom of a stack of solo-style plastic cups. Slits in the plastic might not be allowing adequate drainage.

Kinglouida13th

Kinglouida13th

How can I fix an overwatered seedling, I have a crystal meth in roots organic hydro soil, and mine are just over a week old I accidentally way over watered when the top fell off while watering 🤬😠😤, can it be fixed?

Kinglouida13th

Kinglouida13th

How can I fix an overwatered seedling, I have a crystal meth in roots organic hydro soil, and mine are just over a week old I accidentally way over watered when the top fell off while watering 🤬😠😤, can it be fixed?
Here's my girls, left is CRYSTAL METH, right is CHEMDOG!! you'll notice the left CM is the one in question!!

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
I only took the farther away ones to show my set up of my veg tent.

I don’t know but in the future, don’t put seedlings in pots that big. Start then in something smaller and work up. Makes watering much easier

Kinglouida13th

Kinglouida13th

Bro that's how I do my plants, I don't like transferring autos, as I was taught that autos are typically a little more sensitive to transplant shock than photos, that's a back and forth debate, that's really just a matter of preference, YES it takes a
SLIGHTLY longer for the roots to establish a stronger system when put DIRECTLY into the final home, AND as you said makes it tougher to water the correct amount consistently,. BUT I use a pre measured amount of water that I know is not too little, not too much and normally don't run into this problem, it's just the day before yesterday I DID NOT use that pre measured device, as I was in a hurry and moving too fast, and used something with a top that wasn't screwed on tight enough and it fell off allowing most of the water in the container to fall out into one of the two pots, and led to this thread, normally I would use a turkey baster, filled to a specific spot, I used that for my first 5 plants, which was 4 autos and 1 photo during seedlings stage,and still have 3 thriving in flower doing very well, there's only 3 cuz 2 out of 5 hermed on me, due to loss of power a few times last month and major light stress, I'm simply looking for a resolution to my accidental over watering, IF there is one better than just time to let it dry out. Thanks for your suggestion tho, it TRULY us appreciated!!

Leonwiz948

Leonwiz948

Can someone help with mine I’m sure it’s heat stress but I’m insure

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Overwatered for sure....Too much water for seedlings. Water about a shot glass or two every other day. Plants in soil need a good wet AND dry cycle.
I’m new to indoor growing and this has been how I’ve been watering my seedlings. A shot glass or two with a dripper and I don’t drench my medium either. I made my own pots they are 64oz and about 4-5 inches wide. It’s been working out great but I did notice a slight curling on a couple leaves maybe 2 out of the 6 seedlings showing slight curling. I use happy frog as well for my seedlings...

Kl420

Kl420

Hello guys, I am a first time indoor grower and need some advice. My first two leaves of the seedlings seem to be curling downward a bit. It is normal? Is there something wrong with the temps? Or light intensity, only running a not so strong led till now. The temps are 28°C (82°F). They see two days old now. The light is around 12 inches above. Please advise if anyone has any idea. Thank you

20210809 173258
20210809 173241
20210809 173234
Top Bottom