Why are these pistils browning???

• Thread starter red_eye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

red_eye

This is a pic from a lower branch of an SFV girl. She is about 2 weeks in flower. The lower single pistils on many of the branches are browning. I recently gave her a trim on the lowers, and a staking for support. Other than that, could it be pollination? I did a thorough nanner/hermie check. None of the other 3 plants in the room are showing any similar signs.

Any help is much appreciated.

IMG_3949-small.JPG

L

l0g1c4l

Pistil can burn just like anything else. IMO It doesnt look like there is anything to worry about yet. If you are having normal growth otherwise and the plant is showing no other signs of stress than I would say its normal, I get brown pistils here and there. Also strain related and I dont know enough about this strain to comment.

But I would pay her a lil more attention and watch for any signs of it getting worse.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

It could just be that shes slightly over fed, or your ph was off a bit.

L

Lost

Check your garden for hermi's. If all else is good and pistils are browing, it could be because they got pollenated..

B

botanist13

The pistils are turning brown because the ovaries may have been fertilized.

R

red_eye

Could pushing some supports in and tying her up cause this? None of the other 3 bushes in the room show any of these signs. On with the hermie hunt...

R

red_eye

To describe it in more detail:

There are single pistils at the base of each nug on the lower branches that look like this. They seem to be the more mature pistils/preflowers that were present when vegging.

Bummed.

R

red_eye

I dug through another branch that had the browning pistils.
Lo and behold, I found male flowers.

Lemon pheno gone. Bummed.

W

weed sucks

man you got cali CONNECTED

at least you'll have some fem beans from the other plants???

R

Radio_Dread

sorry to hear that dude. just keep on truckin'. thanks for showing us that pic tho, it is some good info to know what to look for when looking for early pollinated plants.

RD

R

red_eye

Bummed.

Weird huh? That was a great early indicator. I had been watching them very carefully.

My conditions are solid. 68 at "night", and 78 during the "day". Absolutely no light leaks. I am using an amended hot base soil. This lemon pheno seemed to like it the best out of all four girls. No tip burning, no leaf curl, great growth. Happy girl until this BS.

Can anyone suggest a ROCK solid strain that can handle a bit of training and amended soil without doing this?

None of my other bushes are showing any signs of pollination. Healthy bright white hairs all over.

Do you guys think its genetics or grower error? Either way I have no room in my garden for plants that are going to F'ing herm. I want something that I can work with, not baby. Two months of work gone. How can I trust that any of the other seeds from the pack aren't going to do the same thing. I was hoping for some solid genetics. Looks like I'm back on the hunt.

RIP Liz Lemon!!!
:sick0004:

IMG_3953_web.jpg

Top Bottom