Why Calmag All The Time???

• Thread starter Midwestjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimples

If I use less than 6 ml/gal I get purple stems, if I use less than 5ml/gal my plants get really pale green in coco. I am using GH coco flower A and B from the getgo on autoflower seeds in coco. Is it because I am not giving them any nitrogen except what is in the calmag?
I dont get that one. If your using gh cocotek nutes. There is more calcium and mag in those bottles than even Canna Coco nutes. Its loaded with cacium and magnesium. What alot of coco coir growera dont know is coco coir (even buffered coir) has a ton of potassium in it. And it definitely gets released to your plants throughout the grow. A good coco specific nute will have lower potassium levels to compensate for this. Too much K can lockout mag for sure. My tap is 110 ppm or 0.2. With some (very very few) strains i bump this up to about 150- 200 ppm with a calmag supplement. But not many. With my 110 tap and a good brand like Canna..House and Garden..Cocotek..GH6/9..Nutrifield..etc...i never have any problems. Of course i stay away from almost all bloom...root...hardener...stacker...and most other bullshit additives

Last edited:
Top Bottom