Why cure if you don’t have to?

• Thread starter Goodjelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Goodjelly

You’ve run out, but a new grow is ready for harvest! But, you still have to dry, trim and cure. That’s a month at least.
if you can’t wait, I’ve discovered you don’t necessarily have to. As soon as it’s dried sufficiently, use a vape, a good one. The vape solves the issue of the bad burning taste and the high is the same as if you cured it. So, why wait?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
You’ve run out, but a new grow is ready for harvest! But, you still have to dry, trim and cure. That’s a month at least.
if you can’t wait, I’ve discovered you don’t necessarily have to. As soon as it’s dried sufficiently, use a vape, a good one. The vape solves the issue of the bad burning taste and the high is the same as if you cured it. So, why wait?
Personally, I can definitely tell the difference between weed I cured and weed I just harvested, and it's not just the taste it's the potency, by far. In my experience, I've always preferred to cure for at least 3 months before I smoke it, but yeah sometimes you just can't wait that long. I don't think it's a "night and day" difference, but it is quite a significant difference, nonetheless. Even though curing doesn't necessarily increase potency, it does change the proportions of different cannabinoids and in certain strains I can definitely tell the difference between cured/uncured.

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

Nah if I can't wait I'm eating it 😁 getting my worth since taking rips off fresh flowers is a tad bit harsh. Smokeable, but harsh. The flavor, if not the potency, to me becomes night and day in fresh vs. cured. But never cured for longer than a month. Have read plenty of people properly curing buds for almost or atleast a year before becoming an entry to then cup winners. Gonna give it a try.

G

Goodjelly

Personally, I can definitely tell the difference between weed I cured and weed I just harvested, and it's not just the taste it's the potency, by far. In my experience, I've always preferred to cure for at least 3 months before I smoke it, but yeah sometimes you just can't wait that long. I don't think it's a "night and day" difference, but it is quite a significant difference, nonetheless. Even though curing doesn't necessarily increase potency, it does change the proportions of different cannabinoids and in certain strains I can definitely tell the difference between cured/uncured.
My point was that using a vape eliminates the bad taste. High is the same.

N

Natep

Just grow enough that your last rip will hold you over. Let it cure and enjoy. This is the exact reason I have two tents going at all times.

Grower1974

Grower1974

If you dry properly, flower is deliciously smokeable immediately without being harsh. I've distributed many many POUNDS of cannabis that was smoked 1-2 days after drying/trimming. NOBODY has ever complained about my product. Harshness comes from the moisture content being too high in the bud 90% of the time. An extra week or 2 of curing may give a slight edge in taste/flavor notes, but its not mandatory at all. The best bud sits at 10-12% MC, or about 57-59% RH while stored.

BB22

BB22

I’m a new grower. I’ve found that if you can leave the weed in the jar alone for months… there is a reward 👍✌️

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
We dry for a week or two, trim, cure in the dark in Grove bags for about six weeks, and finally we put the buds in amber jars for storage. That doesn't stop us from sampling it along the way, though. We also vape. For those who haven't tried vaping, you should. Smoking just can't compare to vaping. That said, we like our bud to be cured to about 58% humidity. If it's too moist it doesn't seem to vape well without turning up the oven temperature.

Here's something I'm working on. I bought plastic lids for wide-mouth Mason jars, drilled a 1 5/8 inch diameter hole in them, and put in hygrometers/thermometers I found on Amazon. I used food-safe silicon glue to fasten them. I replace these lids with canning lids when the humidity stabilizes where I want it because canning lids have better seals.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
We dry for a week or two, trim, cure in the dark in Grove bags for about six weeks, and finally we put the buds in amber jars for storage. That doesn't stop us from sampling it along the way, though. We also vape. For those who haven't tried vaping, you should. Smoking just can't compare to vaping. That said, we like our bud to be cured to about 58% humidity. If it's too moist it doesn't seem to vape well without turning up the oven temperature.

Here's something I'm working on. I bought plastic lids for wide-mouth Mason jars, drilled a 1 5/8 inch diameter hole in them, and put in hygrometers/thermometers I found on Amazon. I used food-safe silicon glue to fasten them. I replace these lids with canning lids when the humidity stabilizes where I want it because canning lids have better seals.

View attachment 2085225
No vape will ever replace my gravity bong!!!🤣🤣🤣

Top Bottom