Why did you start growing

• Thread starter Gmix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
So I was wondering what made others grow.

So the year was 1988-89 and suddenly the hash we was getting changed to being great to contaminated we me and my ex wife hunted everywhere to no avail then we moved and my ex noticed my neighbour had some plants growing in his greenhouse
So one day I plucked up the courage to ask if he had any anc he came back with a couple of branches.

So we smoked one the other I put in a milk bottle and put in on the window sill a week later it had roots
My ex neighbour didn’t know about flowering or anything he just smoked the leaves nor did we know anything

We grew the clones for about 6 mths no food and lights on 24/7 grabbing a handful of leaves and smoking then, we had no idea. they went funny and we had to cut them down thinking they had some disease when looking back they probably just needed feeding lol

I thought if I’m going to do this am going to do it right with no internet I brought a book and boy was it confusing talking about stuff like ph like it was hard core science I spend night after night pouring over the book re reading it and reading it sone more I felt confident I could do it right.

So we put some money in a envelope said what we wanted and sent it to sensi seeds that’s how it was done back then.

seeds arrived I germinated them went to the garden centre got some soil blood & bone some suphate of potash and some forum of potassium and that was it and tbh it was almost beginners luck as they turned out really nice

Well that’s my story wonder why you ended up growing your own

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

1970 was my first outside grow. Back then I didn't have a clue. I only knew I didn't want to get caught. So, some friends and I did the guerilla grow thing, but that's not what we called it. We didn't have a name for it that I recall. We just started some seeds from a dime bag, trekked through the woods to find secluded spots and did our best. We ended up with some good smoke. At least, we thought it was good. We didn't know about buds then. We just smoked whatever we could get into a pipe or a joint. Sometimes that meant pulling off a few leaves and drying them in a toaster oven.

One of our grows was ripped. We lost maybe twenty or more plants. A sad day that was. I know who did it. He died an early death. We had nothing to do with his death, but we weren't saddened by it.

My best grow was one I did by myself. It was in a stream bed that dried to muck during the summer. It was a secluded spot that only my sisters and I knew how to find. They didn't know about my grow, though. We were just kids who grew up wild, untamed and undomesticated. Some of the plants grew to nine or ten feet tall. I've never had any like that since. I'd sure like to try growing plants like that again, though.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Enjoyable read
1970 not sure if it’s your thing however you must of seen some lovely hash.

Found memories of going down the local harbour getting some freash of the boat 😋

You could pick n choose hash back then, once got a 1/16th of this gray sludge complete with bits of straw they wanted the price of a 1/8 th for the 1/16th i was like wtf how much grumble grumble grumble ok I’ll take it begrudgingly.
Went back to where I was staying and invited some of my friends for a smoke, we couldn’t smoke there so we went into the forest andhad one joint of it and the next thing we knew the French guy in our group started hoping around like a frog going rabbit rabbit we were laughing our heads of and got so freaking high it was like a trip frig knows what it was I was told it was temple ball if it was or wasn’t it wreaked us and some, went back for more but it had gone

Think my fav was blond Lebanese.

Nearest I can come is bubblehash witch is nice but it doesn’t beat getting a 1/16th of this a 1/16th of that not back then when it came to hash at least.

B

BillyBanchan

1996, married barely a year, paycheck to paycheck, reduced my costs by 90% lol.

2023, medical reasons and reducing costs.

Stokes

Stokes

I had quit smoking for 20 years, after all that time i had lost contact with old friends/sources. Paid $60 for an 1/8 of shit s few times and decided i had enough. First grow was a nightmare but still the best quality smoke of my life

Top Bottom