Why Do CALI weed be Better than Michigan Grown Weed?

• Thread starter BlowCrack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theslums

the same thing is happening in MT. right now, although it is getting better. yup, everybody thinks theyre a dope grower.....sigh, its pretty sad most days. one of the biggest complaints i have is not just the larf, but no body seems to have the patients to actually let their herb go long enough.

couldnt of said it better. they either dont have patients so they got premature weed, >lack of knowledge< cant tell males from females ect. but me on the other hand is holdin it down 4weeks to go!

C

cheyenne

couldnt of said it better. they either dont have patients so they got premature weed, >lack of knowledge< cant tell males from females ect. but me on the other hand is holdin it down 4weeks to go!
Yup. And like the guy said a few up, just because you order a pack of "insert strain of the week here" doesnt mean you got the fire! Me, i bring in all my own known genetics. I hate running through seeds to find that one girl i wanna work.....good thing i have lots of friends that know wtf theyre doing to do that for me.

L

Lost

Well, no one is going to want to hear this but here it goes.

What is different in the peopl in California Vs. the people in Michigan? The I see it people in Michigan are settlers. I mean have you seen a Michigan winter? Why the fuck whould you want to live there, those people have settled for michigan even tho its cold as fuk! People in California wouldn't stand for that! We'd move and many of us have! We don't settle for crap while in Michigan.. Well.. You get the point..

lulz..

C

cheyenne

Better genetics

Considering we can have virtually any genetics delivered to the door, thats just not true. What is true is that cali has been thumbing their proverbial nose at the feds for much longer then the rest of the country and hence, there are way more, very experienced, professional growers there. this situation has happened in lots of med states and will continue too. The economy sucks and everyone thinks this is a fast track to a fat pocket....growing fire is far from easy, or cheap. books can be a great resource for the basics, but its the same as every other profession, what works in a book and what works IRL are vastly different, and while internet sites like this can provide bounds of information....it still come done to YOU the grower to figure things out....and to continue figuring things out......NOBODY knows everything about growing, NOBODY, and even the most experienced growers should be learning something new all the time. What it boils down to is this; MI growers either need to be running through hundreds if not thousands of beans to find something special, or driving to CA and bringing back cuts of something special, that, coupled with some patients and experience is the only way things will get better.

420king-MASSES

in mass in my experience we got bomb ass hemp i have gotten shwaggy heads before but 99% of the time its primo aaa+ nuggs most of the weed i get comes from old-school growers outyies and in

B

BlowCrack

I spend a lot of my time in LA and Diego......I live in Detroit....settlers...maybe depends on your walk of life.....me personally I'm getting rich.....buying any foreclosed house I can for under 10k........growing etc....I love the fall here in the north I hate cali in the summer but I chill a lot during the winter....u can get rich here without that high price living like in cali......I love my town.....I keep good smoke $600 an ounce but when I run out I look and find bullshit...it is about who u kno.....but niggas her be like I'm bout to fire up some cali....u hit it and be like this shit worst than stress.....

growlegal

growlegal

I have never been to a cc meeting nor do i think we are settlers

I agree they dont even know what dank is(ie selling strainclones not phenos) but neither did I till friends gifted me the right stuff

It is here but like me we hold it in reserve for close friends only

Venom818

Venom818

I spend a lot of my time in LA and Diego......I live in Detroit....settlers...maybe depends on your walk of life.....me personally I'm getting rich.....buying any foreclosed house I can for under 10k........growing etc....I love the fall here in the north I hate cali in the summer but I chill a lot during the winter....u can get rich here without that high price living like in cali......I love my town.....I keep good smoke $600 an ounce but when I run out I look and find bullshit...it is about who u kno.....but niggas her be like I'm bout to fire up some cali....u hit it and be like this shit worst than stress.....

hate cali in the summer are u ok bro i need to smoke what your smoking:confused0054:

G

gobbly

something to keep in mind. Most of the early work in genetics and breeding was done on the west coast (mostly cali) in the 70's. Many of these pioneers left for holland and a few for canada when the US started cracking down. Those genetics from the 70's are the bases for most of the strains available now. There are growers who stayed in cali with 30+ years of experience growing, and they have passed this knowledge on as well. I think part of the cali bud quality is rooted in the history. As time goes on (especially lately as the laws get more lax), I think you'll start seeing a lot better quality across the board anywhere in the US.

B

BlowCrack

I hope it get together......atleast I'm getting my part together

M

MSL Foundation

Answer to your question... your only seeing the stuff grown by amateurs. I know some old school Michigan folks who grow some of the sickest herb ever..All organic all love bombay super potent medicine...Actually I know of a certain strain from Michigan that was some of the best stuff out there. It is called Denny's Indica! Named after the man himself!

Thread Moved!

MSL

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

Michigan has weed just as good as cali does being grown here. The best weed I've ever smoked was grown outdoors here in MI. But I have also seen a lot of really bad indoor grown bud here too. Its just people aren't as open about it, so circles stay small.

I was surprised once I started to get into the MJ scene how much dank bud was actually being grown in my area. But i could see it being harder in the city to find circles. I live in a smallish town. So once your in the scene it's not hard to find the right people.

Also cali has tons and tons of amazing genetics being freely passed around. they also have a lot of top notch growers out there who can be a little more open about what they do too. So on the outside it going to look like cali weed blows MI bud out the water. But once you get down to it, both state, with many others all have the best weed you could ask for.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

There's lots of flame ass dank in the Mitten! are you kidding me.... the only thing i will say bout the mitten is many of the growers seem "childish" not sure if this is just the mitten or a new growing trend. haha and agree with moe danks every state or most states have the best weed your lookin for but theres a reason your looking lol. take it easy guys.

fractal

fractal

Makes me want to get out to michigan and drop some knowledge on the dispensaries while the getting is still good. Would be good to have the super dank really stand out in a scene like you have there.

jyip

jyip

something to keep in mind. Most of the early work in genetics and breeding was done on the west coast (mostly cali) in the 70's. Many of these pioneers left for holland and a few for canada when the US started cracking down. Those genetics from the 70's are the bases for most of the strains available now. There are growers who stayed in cali with 30+ years of experience growing, and they have passed this knowledge on as well. I think part of the cali bud quality is rooted in the history. As time goes on (especially lately as the laws get more lax), I think you'll start seeing a lot better quality across the board anywhere in the US.
i lvied out so cali in late 70's and was paying $35 an 1/8 for green sinsemilla bud in vacuum packed clear plastic packaging near laguna beach,,,my bro stayed there and i came back east coast early 80's we found out the high demand in cali for brown columbian weed,,,nobody had it anywhere and my bro made some decent money off some $350lb columbo and then bought green bud and sent it here,,moraccon spears $90 a qp of big huge,long spears, seeded smoke tho,,, so maybe i brought you guys some sweet ass columbian haze seeds to mix witrh your new skunkweed ya got there, and bam, a star is born,,,,so see ya on maury povich,,, cuz Im the daddy of your greasy, trich covered girl!! run my bud thru the lab and tell me she ain't my phenotype,,hahaha,,,nah, jus fuckin w/ya,,,and smokin some killer indoor im been payin 400/a zip here for,, but top notch smoke fo sho,,,a definate master grower grew this nug too,,, ya jus gotta got in the circle where the best smoke is my friend, or gro your own

and my point is that alota peeps smoked mj thousands of years before cali popped up with decriminalization of mj, then the med shit full swing,,,,i jus cant giv cali too much credit for weed i smoke here,,plenty e coast peeps from west originally too,,,its jus a diferent gro site site is all,,,but its all good though,,,so keep smokin them killr nuggs, and send some west coast nugg to me and i will appraise it asap and we'll see,,, fuck ill send u a nugg too,, got some red columbian almpost down,, looks killer,,taste good at five weeks already, called ruby red from moto

jyip

jyip

You just don't know the right people, there is mad fire in MI. Alot of the same genetics that are in Cali are in mi as well. Also any thing shipped in the mail is smushed, so Imvho isn't as good as a fresh jar.

But with that being said....

You might be smoking mi nugz and not even no it. I know guys that that Cali pack there nugz, becouse people have that misconception that if it's from Cali it must be better.

Lol Dudes slang zips for the low and if you think Cali is better Dudes have no problem putting that zip in a vacuum sealer and telling you it's from Cali and taxing you 600 for a zip.

Mi has dank duder, MAD FIRE EVERYWERE!
boom, ya hit it on the head,, its a supply and demand thing,,, flopa cali name and package on it and bang em out ,,,funny i didnt see this too after i posted mine thing about buyin cali weed in south cali back late 70's for 35 and 1/8 way back,,,,i gotta find some pics and post em here

i lvied out so cali in late 70's and was paying $35 an 1/8 for green sinsemilla bud in vacuum packed clear plastic packaging near laguna beach,,,my bro stayed there and i came back east coast early 80's we found out the high demand in cali for brown columbian weed,,,nobody had it anywhere and my bro made some decent money off some $350lb columbo and then bought green bud and sent it here,,moraccon spears $90 a qp of big huge,long spears, seeded smoke tho,,, so maybe i brought you guys some sweet ass columbian haze seeds to mix witrh your new skunkweed ya got there, and bam, a star is born,,,,so see ya on maury povich,,, cuz Im the daddy of your greasy, trich covered girl!! run my bud thru the lab and tell me she ain't my phenotype,,hahaha,,,nah, jus fuckin w/ya,,,and smokin some killer indoor im been payin 400/a zip here for,, but top notch smoke fo sho,,,a definate master grower grew this nug too,,, ya jus gotta got in the circle where the best smoke is my friend, or gro your own

and my point is that alota peeps smoked mj thousands of years before cali popped up with decriminalization of mj, then the med shit full swing,,,,i jus cant giv cali too much credit for weed i smoke here,,plenty e coast peeps from west originally too,,,its jus a diferent gro site site is all,,,but its all good though,,,so keep smokin them killr nuggs, and send some west coast nugg to me and i will appraise it asap and we'll see,,, fuck ill send u a nugg too,, got some red columbian almpost down,, looks killer,,taste good at five weeks already, called ruby red from moto
....stayin stoned
pEACE, Jyip

Top Bottom