Why do I keep getting root rot in RDWC system? Does anyone know how to kill it.

• Thread starter DWC.4LIFE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DWC.4LIFE

DWC.4LIFE

Every thing is on point I'm running a water chiller at 63 degrees I'm using water max at 3 MLS p/gal every day. H202 does nothing to kill it off there is not any light leaks. What kills this clear slime or brown algea.?

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

are your plants affected or is there just biofilm in your system?

DWC.4LIFE

DWC.4LIFE

Well this clear slime gets on to the roots and then the plants start growing slow and root production stop.

OneLuvLabs

OneLuvLabs

How often you change out ur water? I’m assuming your running a hydro type setup..

OneLuvLabs

OneLuvLabs

Hmm, if you using 34% h202 the doasage is 3-4ml per gal. & since that didn’t work you may want to add some clearex to ur system the night before you swap out the water.

Skeptik

Skeptik

To knock out an existing fungal infection you should be adding 5-6ml/gal 39% H2O2 every 3 days for 3 treatments. In addition, I usually put 10ml in a gallon of H2O and let the hydro basket and root ball soak for 20 minutes.

Once you get it beaten into submission, your chiller should keep it under control

You'll have to adjust dosing for different H2O2 concentrations.

DWC.4LIFE

DWC.4LIFE

So I added 4 gallons of h202 to my rdwc system with 80 gallons of water and let it run for almost 24 hrs . Then I flush and reset the room with new clones.! Hopefully that does the trick and I also been adding 3 MLS p/gal of ucroots every day and set my chiller to 63°

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

If you’re in between crops, bleach the crap out of everything, including all your meters and probes, especially the floor of the tent or room, even throw out calibration solutions that may have been contaminated or you will keep reinfecting things.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

IMO a live system is easier to maintain. H2o2 is good to prevent but once your infected I kinda feel you need to go live.

Plenty of products out there that contain confidential
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens. This bacteria has been used in big AG for quite some time in large part for root rot prevention.

Top Bottom