Why do i usually lose a plant during flush??

• Thread starter 4BIG2WORM0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4BIG2WORM0

4BIG2WORM0

5 out of 6 of my last harvest I have lost 1-2 plants when flushing? So frustrating to take a plant 50-70 days and lose it in the last week. I P.H. the H2o to 6.5-7 when flushing and treat all plants of same genetics the same w/ nutes etc. I have experienced this w/ different strains SSSDH, Chemmy Jones, Elephant Bud, Chocolope and a few others. My last harvest I had 1 plant out of 12 that this same situation happened to. The plants r shrivelling up after the 2nd day of flushing, its not the tops or bottoms or yellowing or anything like that. Its the entire plant drying up and shrivelling. Please any feedback would b greatly appreciated. Im new 2 the Farm but have already learned some helpful tips. THANX IN ADVANCE & HAPPY GROWIN 2 ALL

sixstring

sixstring

Weird, what kind of water? Soil plants or coco and are they maybe drowning? My flush is just my normal watering 1x a day but no nutes and the first 2 will have a touch of molassas in it.i do this for 10 to 14 days and the plants just fade to yellow, red, or purple depending on the stain.

Cort

Cort

Are you trying to PH RO water with nothing in it? Meters need a little something in it to ph properly. If just dumping up/down into ro water you could be frying your roots.

Just give them water dude. thats it. If you need to PH plain RO water, throw in some tap water with it so you can get a correct reading.

That is the only way I can think of to kill a plant in 2 days with just water.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Maybe your substrate has been too wet for too long, and root rot got your plants. That it happened during flush may have simply been coincidence. I had this happen to me recently, so I'm being this is your problem.

You can tell by pulling the root apart at the base of the plant. If it *stinks*, you've got a case of root rot or elephants foot. This would have nothing at all to do with your flush recipe. After all, if it WAS the nutes, all your plants would be showing the same symptoms.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

in coco or soil - you overwatered

in soil - did you pump nutes the last two weeks of flower? Many do this to add bulk, doing it too hard will raise your EC in the soil and kill your plants. takes about 1-2 weeks depending on how hot the soil was prior to boosting. Flushing too much and depleting your oxygen level is also a quick killer. check the plants at night if they wilt REALLY hard (like, leaves look dead) you have too much water in the pot.

4BIG2WORM0

4BIG2WORM0

I had been using coco and have recently switched to soil. Thanks for the answers I will definitely watch for the root rot and I will just use straight H2o during flush. Thanx again I knew I could count on The Farm for some reliable feedback

Bannacis

Bannacis

if you switched to soil, make sure you add extra perlite. it will let your flush drain better and not hold all that extra water.
plus put a lot of holes in your pots, even up the sides some, it will help air get into your soil.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What if you stopped flushing, and instead tapered off the feed so that by the end of the run they're getting almost pure water? Or, switch to a pure organic style and say goodbye to flushing forever.

I've never been able to overwater in coco coir, ever.

ttystikk

ttystikk

What if you stopped flushing, and instead tapered off the feed so that by the end of the run they're getting almost pure water? Or, switch to a pure organic style and say goodbye to flushing forever.

I've never been able to overwater in coco coir, ever.

What? No extremes? More ISN'T always better?! Balance is bliss? Blasphemy!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In my world, less is best. Unless we're talking joints. :D

And yes, I *am* a blasphemer. I totally pissed my son off when he tried to have a discussion about flushing with me and my response was, "Well... I don't."

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

i agree sea less is usually better , i would rather have a deficiency than an over nuted plant in my room. when i torch them with too much nutes it just pisses me off every time i go in the room haha

ttystikk

ttystikk

i agree sea less is usually better , i would rather have a deficiency than an over nuted plant in my room. when i torch them with too much nutes it just pisses me off every time i go in the room haha

Yeah, this recently happened when my humidity dropped for a couple of days. Pissed me off!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ever try to kick your own ass with bad knees? Never works, so I ask for help. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom