Why do my clones in coco always grow bad

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Hi can anyone heoplease pelase

I switched from soil to coco sometime ago, I really struggle when I put small plants into coco from my clonner

I'm fine when they get bigger, but it takes a lot of nursing and pissing about to get the to that stage

Usually I take clones from my clonner and pot into coco then water to run off as when they leave my clonner they got nice roots like 4-5" long and my feed is usually this
Medium is canna coco pro
And canna coco nutrients
And i use tap water that 1.0e.c
I add calmag to get my water to 0.4 e.c
Then i add
2.5ml a litre of cannyzm
2ml rhiztonic
1/1.5 a&b
Ph 5.8-6.0
Water temp in try for 68-70f using a water heater
Then water to run off they usually do oknish but great and takes ages for them to stay to grow good if don't this above on a few grows now

But today
I first watered the coco to run off then I potted into the wet coco,
I done exactly the same feed as above but I tried higher feed I fed more a&b to get 1.5e.c
i just wanted this high e.c see if it made a difference seems worse I know its very hight feed but I have a seed and fed the seed the same today as the clones i potted up, seed in was 1.5 out was 1.6 it got fed the same as these clones witch are bigger, strang
But water temp was 72f today my heater for some reason even know its set to 68f took the temp to 72f

I'm not sure if the rooms to cold years ago i use to run my T5 cfl room at 78-80 at canopy fan was set to 25c maybe 25.5c
And in use to use soil I would normally feed clones this size 0.8 e.c and all would be great

but last year or so been trying to get stuff spot on and been running canopy in the T5 cfl room at 75-77f that fan us set to 24c and I changed to coco and for the life of me i cannot figure out whats going on lol :(
Humidty is usually 55-65%

I have the idel on 10% the negative presure is very low but I do have some. Could it be lack or new c02 coming in the tent , I'm sure it's not?

It's the calmag that messes me up lol intake my tap water to 0.4 with calm before any feed any alrewd used a lot odmf the e.c up.
I'm gonna flush later mate or tomorrow I'm not sure if I need calmag at this stage, I can either feed Just A&B & rhiztonic and no calmag and feed at 0.8e.c
or
I could feed 0.4calmag and feed 0.4 total 0.8e.c

since switching to coco my yield had been slightly better but it's been nothing buds stress

Please help a brother out !

It's quite a difference in leaf temps between my T5 cfl veg room and my led flower room
Led room looks good they are on a flush so the look buy yellow in video .
And my t5 room leaf temps are lower ans look shit buy room temp is 75-77.

Video of the clones i potted up earlier and feed 1.5e.c, the is smaller and I fed thst the same toddy and run off on the seed was just 1.6e.c
and you can see leaf temps difference frommy veg room to my ped room but veg room air is 75-77f or it's fake reading from the light heating my themro up?

Why do my clones in coco always grow bad
Why do my clones in coco always grow bad 2
Why do my clones in coco always grow bad 3
Why do my clones in coco always grow bad 4
Why do my clones in coco always grow bad 5

The Seed may look good but toot growth is very slow and growth is

PK1

PK1

Supporter
are the clones rooted when they are in the small plastic pots?

DanC520

DanC520

That’s way more numbers than I focus on. I use rooters and a tray. Move to solo cups (coco) once rooted. Water daily with seedling nutes for first week, then good to go. I use a heating mat and humidifier (once out of dome). Used t5/cfls till been in solo cup for 2-3 days, then under normal light w/ dimmer.

Ph 007

Ph 007

I put coco into a pot i watered the pot to run off with 1.5 e.c
then I took clones out of my ez clones machine and potted into the wet coco,
Apparent you can't over water coco tho

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I put coco into a pot i watered the pot to run off with 1.5 e.c
then I took clones out of my ez clones machine and potted into the wet coco,
Apparent you can't over water coco tho
This is true, at least once roots are well established. Depending on container size, I find watering them every other day (in small pots) beneficial at least for the first few waterings. I'd water my 1 gal fabric pots every 2 days until the roots were established. After that, you can water the shit out of them.

Last edited:
Ph 007

Ph 007

The roots looked about the size of the ones in the pic below when i put them into the wet coco

Screenshot 20220207 185443 Google

Ph 007

Ph 007

I'll let them dry now I'm wondering if that 1.5 e.c feed was way to high the seedling took the same feed fine run off from the see was just 1.6e.c in was the 1.5e.c

I can put them out and re-pot and feed this time just around the stem and maybe feed less maybe no calmag God knows come round guys do it for me Ha Ha

Ph 007

Ph 007

Also might bump humdiy up to 65-75% or 75-85% later I don't think its thw5 mqy be tho I'm no pro

Like conservationist said

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

You can water every other day when small aswell i no ppl say water everyday.. yh Wen established water every day. To start off its okay to let them dry abit.
And thats another reason why u doe wana fees that high at the start. As ec wil rise when you let dry a bit.
Start 0.8-1 i would on clones. Every other day to start off.
Get good roots aswell.
Monkey nutrients root shoot wikid.

Ph 007

Ph 007

I'm gonna feed flush then in a hour now feed at 0.8 you guys reckon I should use calmag or not
My tap water is 0.1 e.c
I'm debating what to feed I a hour when my water temps heats up to water them

I have 2 feed options
It's canna coco nutrients

Option 1
Starting water is 0.1 e.c
The add calmag till it's 0.4 e.c
4 or 2ml rootonic
A&b till I water reads 0.8e.c that's about 0.5ml - 1ml a litre

Options 2
Starting water is 0.1e.c
no calmag
4 or 2 ml rootonic
A&B till water reads again 0.8 e.c
I have soft water , not sure if I need calmag at this stage,
^
when they bigger I always hit calmag every watering the seem fine then unusually use it from the start but I always struggle with clones in coco lol. Still trying dial my feed in :)

Canna chart says
This rooting / clones
Add calmag till water is 0.4 e.c
4 ml rootonic
A&B till e.c is 1.1e.c

I like the sound of 0.8 better but if I add calmag if already have used up 0.4 e.c, maybe I could use half my calmag to get my water to 0.2 or not use it at all,
This fucking Calmag lmao

My pot level temps are the same as my csnopy most the time 75-77 because I have a fan at top of my tent blowing air so the hot air at the top of the tent be getting blown down toward the bottom of the tent the tents only 75cm high by 1.3 wide
I have use to use a fan seen in veg tent and wonders lately is it doing more harm then good

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I don't use Canna nutes but i would follow their recommendation and mix it to 1.1 EC. If you want to lower the EC just add a little tap water.

If your rooted clones look hungry or start showing slight deficiencies, bump up your EC.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Could foliar spray calmag once a week. Wotn affect your ec yet. I rekon thats ya best bet. And let dry ouf a ligtke between waterings when in small pots

Top Bottom