Why do my clones in coco always grow bad

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

I don't use Canna nutes but i would follow their recommendation and mix it to 1.1 EC. If you want to lower the EC just add a little tap water.

If your rooted clones look hungry or start showing slight deficiencies, bump up your EC.
Ye me to on both what your saying

In was use to sratt in 1.2 for few grows they sometime looked brill from the statt somerimes a little slow, but again I was soaking then put to run off from pot up ,
So I'll try setting like soil around the stem very other day or so till they root they 3 coco/pot out ,
And fewd 1.1 like the chart says

I water the again lasr nice before i went to bed just to make sure the coco as not to high in feed,
I fed no cal Just a&b and rootonic total 0.7 E.c to run off to flush thst 1.5 e.c I fed in few hours earlier I leave then dry now and water less till rooted the pot.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Could foliar spray calmag once a week. Wotn affect your ec yet. I rekon thats ya best bet. And let dry ouf a ligtke between waterings when in small pots
I'll have to try foliar spraying them on If the 1.1 feed don't work that 1.1 including the calmag

People have told me to spray before I forgot all about that to be honest

Ph 007

Ph 007

Since doing this below last night beofe bed ,
I water the again lasr nice before i went to bed just to make sure the coco as not to high in feed,
I fed no cal Just a&b and rootonic total 0.7 E.c to run off to flush thst 1.5 e.c I fed in few hours earlier I leave then dry now and water less till rooted the pot.

Since doing above about 12 hours later they looked a lot happier pics below, of them about 12 hours after that 0.7 e.c flush feed

20220208 205229
20220208 205233
20220208 205226

Writing this no its been about 24 hours sinxe that 0.7e.c watering, since have dires for 24 hours not checked then I will tomorrow as the whwre still pretty wett earlier on taking thse pics,
Tomorrow will be 1 and a half days since the 0.7 e.c watering ,
Tomorrow I'm gonna hit them like canna chart says 1.1e.c
that be my 0.1 tap water then I'll add calmag to take that to 0.4e.c
then I'll add 4 ml rhiztonic
And about 1ml maybe just under canna coco A&B to get a e.c of 1.1
I'll fewd them this then should hopefully work well,
I got a feeling I'm gonna see some roots coming our the pots tomorrow from this long dry i have give them I bloody hope so as will be nice to see some growth

Not sure anyone still checking this post our but I did say if update, I'll update again tomorrow night after a few hours after the 1.1 feed or the next day

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Bro used to speak to you ages ago about this. Im the one who said foliar spray the calmag. So dont affect ec..
And yeh little dry bak when small is fine as long as ec not to high. Bevause obviously woth dry bak the ev wil rise slightly.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Bro used to speak to you ages ago about this. Im the one who said foliar spray the calmag. So dont affect ec..
And yeh little dry bak when small is fine as long as ec not to high. Bevause obviously woth dry bak the ev wil rise slightly.
Haha is it I know I have spoke to you in past I remebr the name and that pic of them mint dogs :)

Observationist

Observationist

I put coco into a pot i watered the pot to run off with 1.5 e.c
then I took clones out of my ez clones machine and potted into the wet coco,
Apparent you can't over water coco tho
you can overwater new clones that donā€™t even have roots though, too much water and heat and the stems will rot.

Observationist

Observationist

you can overwater new clones that donā€™t even have roots though, too much water and heat and the stems will rot.
i recently started using coco it can hold a fuck ton of water, definitely does not need much at all for clones just moist, keeping the RH up and can spray the leafs with water.

Taurus

Taurus

Hi can anyone heoplease pelase

I switched from soil to coco sometime ago, I really struggle when I put small plants into coco from my clonner

I'm fine when they get bigger, but it takes a lot of nursing and pissing about to get the to that stage

Usually I take clones from my clonner and pot into coco then water to run off as when they leave my clonner they got nice roots like 4-5" long and my feed is usually this
Medium is canna coco pro
And canna coco nutrients
And i use tap water that 1.0e.c
I add calmag to get my water to 0.4 e.c
Then i add
2.5ml a litre of cannyzm
2ml rhiztonic
1/1.5 a&b
Ph 5.8-6.0
Water temp in try for 68-70f using a water heater
Then water to run off they usually do oknish but great and takes ages for them to stay to grow good if don't this above on a few grows now

But today
I first watered the coco to run off then I potted into the wet coco,
I done exactly the same feed as above but I tried higher feed I fed more a&b to get 1.5e.c
i just wanted this high e.c see if it made a difference seems worse I know its very hight feed but I have a seed and fed the seed the same today as the clones i potted up, seed in was 1.5 out was 1.6 it got fed the same as these clones witch are bigger, strang
But water temp was 72f today my heater for some reason even know its set to 68f took the temp to 72f

I'm not sure if the rooms to cold years ago i use to run my T5 cfl room at 78-80 at canopy fan was set to 25c maybe 25.5c
And in use to use soil I would normally feed clones this size 0.8 e.c and all would be great

but last year or so been trying to get stuff spot on and been running canopy in the T5 cfl room at 75-77f that fan us set to 24c and I changed to coco and for the life of me i cannot figure out whats going on lol :(
Humidty is usually 55-65%

I have the idel on 10% the negative presure is very low but I do have some. Could it be lack or new c02 coming in the tent , I'm sure it's not?

It's the calmag that messes me up lol intake my tap water to 0.4 with calm before any feed any alrewd used a lot odmf the e.c up.
I'm gonna flush later mate or tomorrow I'm not sure if I need calmag at this stage, I can either feed Just A&B & rhiztonic and no calmag and feed at 0.8e.c
or
I could feed 0.4calmag and feed 0.4 total 0.8e.c

since switching to coco my yield had been slightly better but it's been nothing buds stress

Please help a brother out !

It's quite a difference in leaf temps between my T5 cfl veg room and my led flower room
Led room looks good they are on a flush so the look buy yellow in video .
And my t5 room leaf temps are lower ans look shit buy room temp is 75-77.

Video of the clones i potted up earlier and feed 1.5e.c, the is smaller and I fed thst the same toddy and run off on the seed was just 1.6e.c
and you can see leaf temps difference frommy veg room to my ped room but veg room air is 75-77f or it's fake reading from the light heating my themro up?

View attachment 1214797
View attachment 1214796

View attachment 1214798View attachment 1214799View attachment 1214800View attachment 1214801View attachment 1214802

The Seed may look good but toot growth is very slow and growth is
Did you treat your coco before planting?

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

Coco is cool although I usually have 100% success with cuttings in pro-mix. And I don't even use rooting hormone. When cloning with coco you should add a generous amount of perlite. And use the California Cup method. Some account for coco's ph. Puncture both cups thoroughly. Drainage and aeration.

Latest posts

Top Bottom