Why do my cuttings curl?

• Thread starter Misanthrope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

The pic is fuzzier than I had intended but you get the idea....sometimes a cutting in my bubble cloner will curl like this within 24 hours and stay like that for about a week before straightening out. I have had one or two develop roots after that but my success rate is miserably low already, curling may or may not have an adverse effect. I can find no pattern in why this happens to a few but not all. Has anyone seen this before?

Why do my cuttings curl
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Never experienced that but I'm thinking some weird Turgor pressure issue? That's the only thing I can think of since the only thing the stems do is transport food into the plant so the only thing that would make it move like that would be something vascular system related?

growsince79

growsince79

The pic is fuzzier than I had intended but you get the idea....sometimes a cutting in my bubble cloner will curl like this within 24 hours and stay like that for about a week before straightening out. I have had one or two develop roots after that but my success rate is miserably low already, curling may or may not have an adverse effect. I can find no pattern in why this happens to a few but not all. Has anyone seen this before?
Too much light.

steamroller

steamroller

Pretty small cutting.
Don't know if that matters, but yea.

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Demons is still the leading theory. You need some Holy water for those clones. But that might make your demon curse worse.
I thought I was up to date on my sacrifices to the Dark Lord but I'll throw a few virgins on the altar to be safe
My bad, I thought he was talking about the leaf edges curling under. That's what I saw that says too much light.
I recently came to the same conclusion that I've been giving my cuttings too much light but I don't think that's what is making some stems curl since it doesn't happen to all or even most of them

Anybody know what pH and ec of the holy water should be? :-P

A

Alwispy

The pic is fuzzier than…
Hey I’m not sure if your still using Pro Mix root booster or not but it almost looks like the stem is trying desperately to avoid your mix. Have a look at my response to your other thread … cheers

Recurring Bacterial Issue in Cloning Machine​

Top Bottom