Why do my roots look like dreads?

• Thread starter bob.fn.seger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bob.fn.seger

whoa there norcal. that's WAAAAYYYY above the level of shit that i'm on. could it be caused by light leaks in the res?

K

Kaiser Puff

I don't know what all is in Superthrive so idk what to say about the browning. I use Liquid Karma and my roots in the Aero part of my res are brown but the ones under water are nice and white. I think it's from Humic/Fulvic acids, do you know if that's in Superthrive?

IMG 20100922 180927
V

v0ssman

apparently it contains: urea and Naphthylacetic acid (NAA) "NAA tends to be toxic to seedling root development, as it inhibits primary root growth and enhances lateral root growth"

The product admits it contains vitamin B-1 "Applying vitamin B-1, or thiamine, to root systems of whole plants does not stimulate root growth. This is a myth that refuses to die, though it has been repeatedly refuted in the scientific literature."

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I don't know what all is in Superthrive so idk what to say about the browning. I use Liquid Karma and my roots in the Aero part of my res are brown but the ones under water are nice and white. I think it's from Humic/Fulvic acids, do you know if that's in Superthrive?

those roots look good pithium forms when water temps rise above 75 and stay , pithium will kill your whole crop if you dont correct it, i would use companion and some botanicare power clone just to get some new formed roots. just my 2 cents, google pithium and read up on it:banana1sv6:

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
light leaks tempature yes those are major factors

B

bob.fn.seger

Well there ya go Voss. i just used it cause i saw it in a grow store and all the shit it had on the bottle. thank you. learn something new everyday. Norcal, what is companion? i know i can get the botcare in town. but i have never heard of the other. Dadgum i wisht ida bin on this intranet along time a go.

B

bob.fn.seger

Alright. got a thermometer yesterday and my res temp is sittin @ 75F. i also noticed something else yesterday. i noticed that i hadn't heard my aero pump come on in a while so i check it and my timer isn't working. so for that night i just plugged my pump straight in so it was running all night long. (my cycle timer has a light sensor that you can employ to turn your timer off when your lights go off. well i had this setting turned off but somehow it was turned back on.) when i checked on the situation in the morning i had alot of new WHITE roots growing everywhere. especially the plants that had less roots in the first place. they went from just barely coming out of the net pot on two of them to, in three days, hanging in the water. this got me thinking. should i be running my pump more than 1.5min on 5min off?

B

bob.fn.seger

sorry not air pump. the pump for my aero system. yeah my air pump runs constantly.

bigdrty

bigdrty

I had a Question, I have a 20 gallon rez. and I just throw in frozen water bottles to try and keep the rez Temps Low around 22, does your rez have to at a constant low temps or just when you hand feed?,
also whats the Ideal temps for your Rez.
Also I run a Air stone 24/7 in my rez is that Ideal or a
no no..

Thanks

D

docnurse

i dont think ive ever heard anybody say anything bad about running it 24/7 i think thats what everybody for the most part does.

Top Bottom