Why Do Plants Produce Trichomes?

• Thread starter Purp Nugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Trichome comes from greek trichoma... Translates to GROWTH OF HAIR. My dog has hair to protect it from cold and shit.

Reactions: Ina
Purp Nugs

Purp Nugs

Quick question for all you cannabis growing professionals :)

Amber trich

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Trichomes are for defense. Calling resin heads Trichomes is bad practice. Lots of chemicals/hormones that increase the defense hairs but not resin content since they are two different things.

Resin heads exist so you can make hash. A trait bred for by man using the environment and crossbreeding. Without forcing the resin out of the plant you'd need a solvent rather than silk screens.

Thats why weed ain't sticky anymore, frost correlates to bag appeal not potency, and everyones weed is bone dry before they even dry it. The original shit was just sticky green. That caveman reefer responsible for the invention of the wheel and functional dating arrangements. If someone can find a pre historic Cannabis fossil we'd know for sure.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Trichomes are for defense. Calling resin heads Trichomes is bad practice. Lots of chemicals/hormones that increase the defense hairs but not resin content since they are two different things.

Resin heads exist so you can make hash. A trait bred for by man using the environment and crossbreeding. Without forcing the resin out of the plant you'd need a solvent rather than silk screens.

Thats why weed ain't sticky anymore, frost correlates to bag appeal not potency, and everyones weed is bone dry before they even dry it. The original shit was just sticky green. That caveman reefer responsible for the invention of the wheel and functional dating arrangements. If someone can find a pre historic Cannabis fossil we'd know for sure.
My weed is sticky... My sissors fail at about 1/4oz haha

Madbud

Madbud

Heres a random thought, would wet trimmed, sun dried plants continue producing resins?

Monster762

Monster762

Has anyone heard that resin production and thc increase due to lack of pollination ? That the reason they get stickier is to attempt catching more pollen. ?

Monster762

Monster762

Has anyone heard that resin production and thc increase due to lack of pollination ? That the reason they get stickier is to attempt catching more pollen. ?
No what I’m getting at is everyone talks about trichs bring a defense yet trichs( the sticky fingers) are the receptors of pollen.what the pollen sticks to. More are produced in lack of pollen situation. In effort to get pollenated.
It just makes sense.

Top Bottom