Why do stems point up, leaves roll and curl down

• Thread starter Startmy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I must not be understanding something. Transpiration is a natural function, you speak of it as a negative thing, or a thing to be managed. Transpiration is the final gasp of water as it moves through the plant, I am curious as to what you propose here.
Transpiration is the flow of water through the plant and evaporation.

A transpiration issue is when something is affecting that flow of water through the plant negatively. Which can inhibit nutrient uptake, transportation of nutrients/sugars etc, reduce the plants ability to cool itself and process light energy etc.

Yes a transpiration issue is negative as it's vital.

Yes transpiration should be managed for plant temps, nutrient/water uptake and water stress, utilization of co2 etc.

Root issues, temp, humidity, light, co2, o2, wind, salinity and pretty much all things that affect the plant absolutely effect the transpiration rates. It absolutely needs to be managed. It's a natural and vital function that can cause a host of issues if not managed. Not just the last grap of water through the plant.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So can we see the bottom of the pot you have this in? How much runoff do you get?

I'm one of the growers whom thinks he knows everything yet only has a few grows under my belt. I'm not proud of this.

If he has good runoff and proper drainage could we not eliminate overwatering due to the coco/perlite mix?

I am more less trying to learn coco/perlite now and am noticing the op not mention how much runoff he has. Plus the pot is out over the bed, wouldn't it be dripping if it were over watered? I guess that's dependant on what the bottom of his pots look like. I know he measured his runoff ec so he has runoff.

I want to say it's not over watered but I'd need to see the bottom of the pot lol? Being its dry around the ring and damp in the center I'm going to say it drains well? And if it's not leaking over his bed, then it's not over watered lol..

I'm so scientific lol.. Notttttt!!

Startmy420

Startmy420

Update. 20%up run off.
I also put a net in the bottom of the pot. So roots and coco mix won't stay in the run off.
I'm one of the growers whom thinks he knows everything yet only has a few grows under my belt. I'm not proud of this.

If he has good runoff and proper drainage could we not eliminate overwatering due to the coco/perlite mix?

I am more less trying to learn coco/perlite now and am noticing the op not mention how much runoff he has. Plus the pot is out over the bed, wouldn't it be dripping if it were over watered? I guess that's dependant on what the bottom of his pots look like. I know he measured his runoff ec so he has runoff.

I want to say it's not over watered but I'd need to see the bottom of the pot lol? Being its dry around the ring and damp in the center I'm going to say it drains well? And if it's not leaking over his bed, then it's not over watered lol..

I'm so scientific lol.. Notttttt!!
E3B4C5C4 FA93 4651 9469 8DC5883C31EF
0F8F9056 5008 4645 8B29 0D79D6431C62

Last edited:
Top Bottom