Why Do Things Like This Happen???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Just found out our neighbor John, who is beloved by so many is riddled with cancer in lymph nodes, stomach and liver.
John is 79 and was planning on retiring from 60 plus years of hard work as a farmer.
I love this man. We are both cuckoo crazy.
Told him he don't need no weed cause he crazy funny already.
He laughs so hard he stomps his feet and slaps his knee...
His chuckle is like no one else's.
First my friend Joe cocker, now my friend John...
Life is short and so very precious.
I hope John finds peace and will not suffer...
Am making a huge batch of chicken and dumplings for him and the visiting family.
Lesson to be learned farmers.
Do not wait to come and visit loved ones at the end of life.
Take the time to love each other while you can.
It's never too late but one never knows one's time is up or when we may become really sick and have not much quality time left...
If far away just reach out and love and be loved...

Tnelz

Tnelz

Sorry to hear it man. Cancer is such a bastard. Totally agree. Tell people u love them every day cuz u just never know. Ur a good man for being there for him. Respect.

Bill Murry

Bill Murry

Load up the RSO pills or any form you can get him to ingest. So sorry for all you pain, i to lost my sister 19 years ago this month and her birthday day is on the 3rd coming up in april. ENjoy ever moment and celibrate his life at any chance. Bless and well wishes for all involved.

Skoosh

Skoosh

10491104 543715455771744 5671705872424549291 n

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Sending love your way @chickenman

Keep your head up and the sunshine on your face. I was a pall bearer earlier this year for the fifth time in my life. Lost some of the closest people to me already, but hey brother, you can either walk into the river and fish or walk in and lay your ass down. I know you'll be fishing for sure!

Much love to you and your friend.

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

i think the best solution if he's able is to take ur buddy out fishing or something or to the beach and picnic with family. try to get him out as much as possible. and try to enjoy everything too. i'm sorry this happened to your friend. my friend also has lymphoma as well. and it seems all i can do is make him laugh so he'd for one second forget he's sick. if i can make him forget for just one second or bring a smile to his face. i think i've done what i can. also making rso for him as well. i've just started getting into the rso thing. but i hope it helps. he's my best friend as well. and he's pretty young. he's like 35. i hate the fact that it got him. but he's fighting. and hopefully your buddy and mine's will see it through!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Hospice has been called in. Went to visit him this morning.
So very sad to see his condition, looks like a skeleton.
He wants to go, said if he could he would do it himself .22 to the head...
We gave him his morphine, wife is a nurse, at least he is comfortable.
This man has a chuckle unlike no one other. He laughs at any joke, knee slapping. Was always was so happy go lucky, even got a few chuckles out of him when I told him his dog Bud is waiting for him on the other side. Bud and him would roam the pasture, john on his 4 wheeler bud running happily by his side.
80 years is a pretty good life but why oh why must it all end in such a fashion.
I envisioned him dropping dead in the pasture not wilting way so.
I told him many times I loved him before his illness.
Some fellas have trouble expressing love for each other but I know he loved me as much as I love him without the spoken words.......
I am drained must go now and get some rest...
Be good to each other..
That's what John told us today....kind of in a daze, but he knew who we were...

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

Yeah lymphoma seems to be a really nasty cancer. nothing but bad things. My buddy passed after 3-4 days in hospice. Everyone was saying it was very fast. but they all thought it was better for him that way. But yeah. when i first saw my buddy after him coming home, he couldnt eat. and would not eat. skeleton too. it's horrible to see your buddy that way. nothing we can do about it, is the most gut wrenching feeling in the world. But yeah morphine would keep the pain to a minimum. My buddys feet was so swollen too. his gf said he woke up one time and just stared at his feet and said he looked like the nutty prof. haha. we really couldnt stop laughing. but yeah. even tho it seemed like he was sleeping we would still talk to him and sometimes he'd smile. maybe his eyes were just closed. but he was still with us. But yeah chicken man sorry bout your buddy john. peace brother.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Really bummed this morning.
I have lost 2 dear friends recently and soon my neighbor will pass.
I am bummed because I wish we could have spent more time together.
I am bummed because I am powerless over all of this.
I am emotionally wore out because it is so much up and down.
I feel good most everyday and live life to the fullest as best I can.
But last night the image of my friend laying in bed so sick has me feeling really bad. Haunting feeling. It brings up feelings, My friend Joe Cocker, My friend Saul who died in my arms, and now my friend john, my mother who also died in my arms all these emotions have come at once and it's a lot to deal with.
One thing that is uplifting and totally amazing, no desire to drink, then my life would be over and I am not ready for that...
headachy tired, depressed. But I know this will soon pass and brighter days will be in my future.
I will go out back clomp around in the mud out back is my highest of powers and I will ask this highest of powers to take this burden and deal with it.
It is ok to feel emotions we are all only human time to feel the pain do not run from the rain, it only there to help you don need to be afraid its only there to help us like a tree helps with its shade.
there's a time and a feeling and a million different reasons for everything. Will cry a few honest tears and get through this and learn to love more than ever...
thanks all feel better just putting my feelings into words and soon I will go out back to the most beautiful place I have ever seen for some courage strength and wisdom to deal with all of this....wow what a life...

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

I will light a candle at the temple for him my friend.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

No words come to mind only what we do to make every moment count share what ya can give as much as you can.....
laugh love cry, Most of all be a friend
its what we have that we give freely to ones we care about
And you, @chickenman are his friend
for that part you play
in his time on planet earth
he and you will always have
Peace be with you both
FlyJ

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Your friends are in a better place. They are reunited with lost loved ones, and are waiting for you and your loved ones on the other side. I hope love fills the spaces in your heart where sadness and despair currently reside. Stay strong my friend.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@chickenman I feel your pain. I would say your friend John is very lucky to have you as a friend. John & yourself both will be in my prayers and daily meditation today. I wanted to share with you a Thought for the Day. I hope it touches you in some way............. And please dont hesitate to reach out to me should things ger overwhelming. You are NOT alone. Peace

1. I will practice acceptance. Today I will accept people, situations, circumstances, and events as they occur. I will know that this moment is as it should be, because the whole universe is as it should be. I will not struggle against the whole universe by struggling against this moment. My acceptance is total and complete. I accept things as they are this moment, not as I wish they were.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks all for reaching out. Really means a lot.
Just got the call. John passed just awhile ago at home.
They heard the death gurgle and it was all over.
Told him a while ago Bud is waiting wagging his tail. those hugs yesterday mean so much.
I am sad and happy to be able to be there for his last moments.
A privilege really.
So much better for him to go at home, peacefully as he could, still hurts, but I know he is in a much better place and lived a full life chasing cows, raising his kids, loving his wife, chuckling so easy, happy go lucky. Never once did I see him bitch about when things went wrong on his Farm. cows would get out we would call and there he was to chase them back home..
Oh boy what a life......

Icristal

Icristal

So sorry to hear this @chickenman,,,I hope you find peace in all this, it is not easy to lose someone you love. Keep remembering the good times and how he had a long and happy life from what you have described of him. My best to you and your family and friends, prayers for those in need.
It is hard, I was in a bad place myself in 2013, we lost both my parents, both my husbands parent, a brother in law and a sister in law and a aunt. All in one year 7 people i loved, I didn't know which way to turn, but knowing they were in a better place helped me and very close friends guided me out of my deep sorrow that year. I still want to pick up the phone sometimes and call my dad, but then remember, he is happy with my mom, it is still hard sometimes.

My best
Icristal

Top Bottom