Why do you grow?

• Thread starter hps4891
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Cheers to that brother. I only spent one long, loooong weekend on that crystal shyte and that was enough for me. I dont do well without sleep, but my gf at the time was a fiend. Coke on the other hand... There wasnt many days in my early 20's without an 8 ball in my pocket. That was my drug of choice, and my next door neighbor being a fairly high up member of the nomads selling me balls of fish scale for $150 CDN didnt help matters any.. As Bobcat Goldthwait says about bikers, They're like the bears in a campground, sure they look cool but stay in the car. I was young, had tons of money from growing and no real job for about 5 years. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times lol.

Thankfully I snapped out of that nonsense before it got any worse. Been clean almost 17 years.

Good for you bro!

I quit meth before i was 20. But thats when i learned of freebase. And i smoked and smoked til i was almost 30.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I began to grow only for medicine but now have a true love for the site of the garden it's medicinal in more ways than one it's soothing to go out into the garden it's relaxing to spend time there and it is so nice to smell as soon as walk outside

Nice! I would like an outdoor garden but my property is not ideal. So if i want the effect you admire i simply open the growroom door in my living room and walk in.

Assuming its lights on time.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Medicine. Without it I wouldn't be able to do fun things like sleep, go grocery shopping, or interact with other humans thanks to an enticing blend of mental illnesses.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Good for you bro!

I quit meth before i was 20. But thats when i learned of freebase. And i smoked and smoked til i was almost 30.

We are either lucky, smart or both. It's not an easy lifestyle to escape. My stint with hard drugs was about age 19-24. Made a point to try pretty much anything once, and I did, but coke stuck. I started out snorting it but once I started getting nosebleeds regularly I switched to rocking it up and smoking it. That only lasted a year before things started going downhill really fast. Ended up almost homeless with a $600 per week habit. I hit my rock bottom you could say, decided to quit cold turkey, went to college, met my wife and the rest is history.

Butts4Supper

Butts4Supper

Dude.. A friend of mine was not only a huge pot head but also a VPD officer for a few years, they used to brag about how much pot and money they seized and kept for themselves. Not dime bags and 20's, but like full orders of dozens of pounds and tens of thousands in cash. Divvy it up among 2-3 cops... I guess that's what you get for not polygraphing the recruits. He got so disillusioned with LEO's he quit and opened a bakery lol.

Damn...I always wonder why they don't get smoked. I mean, fuck, if they're doing that, they're in the game at that point. Glad your boy got out. Shady shit.
Now Surrey gets to have a go with they're crew. I wonder how long it'll be before there is a corruption case against one of them.
It's all so fucked up, kids these days don't even have a chance. Glad I didn't have to grow up around all that shit.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Medicine. Without it I wouldn't be able to do fun things like sleep, go grocery shopping, or interact with other humans thanks to an enticing blend of mental illnesses.

I liked this and lol’ed but realize it is no joke.

Glad you found your medicine!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We are either lucky, smart or both. It's not an easy lifestyle to escape. My stint with hard drugs was about age 19-24. Made a point to try pretty much anything once, and I did, but coke stuck. I started out snorting it but once I started getting nosebleeds regularly I switched to rocking it up and smoking it. That only lasted a year before things started going downhill really fast. Ended up almost homeless with a $600 per week habit. I hit my rock bottom you could say, decided to quit cold turkey, went to college, met my wife and the rest is history.

Well I got up to well over 2k per week partying. And ran departments in major car dealerships during most of my “fun”. But the last two years before i quit and went to colorado to live with a healthy athletic old friend were more than down and out.

and it isnt smarts or luck. It is a choice. It has always just been a choice. Just not an easy one.

I traded the glass pipe for cigarettes. Now those are even harder cor me to quit. But it still is that i dont want to really.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well I got up to well over 2k per week partying. And ran departments in major car dealerships during most of my “fun”. But the last two years before i quit and went to colorado to live with a healthy athletic old friend were more than down and out.

and it isnt smarts or luck. It is a choice. It has always just been a choice. Just not an easy one.

I traded the glass pipe for cigarettes. Now those are even harder cor me to quit. But it still is that i dont want to really.

Yeah fuk, the ciggie butts... I quit about 4 times a year lol, just quit them again yesterday haha. I dont want to, I love smoking. But it's sooo damn unhealthy.

Easily the hardest of all the drugs to quit.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What's this thread about again?

Oh right, why we grow. I grow so I dont have to buy it, and I'm obsessed with it from a hobbyist perspective. If I'm being totally honest I would also say I grow as a way to deal with some moderate PTSD... I find my growroom very therapeutic.

hps4891

hps4891

Proud of ya bruh! And all of us who have overcome (or are still trying) to overcome addiction issues! It takes a strong motherfucker, lemme tell u that! Never let anyone tell you different! Im proud of anyone of us who even thinks about trying to quit!

Last edited:
hps4891

hps4891

Oh right, why we grow. I grow so I dont have to buy it, and I'm obsessed with it from a hobbyist perspective. If I'm being totally honest I would also say I grow as a way to deal with some moderate PTSD... I find my growroom very therapeutic.
Haha im good with conversation on this thread flowing organically whatever direction it happens to flow. But that is why I started it, I had a feeling that at least a few of us grow as an outlet of sorts and as a means to stay away from hard drugs that have ravaged years of our lives. Anything that brings us together and anything that keeps conversation flowing is cool with me even if the topic meanders off inna different direction. Proud of you bruh for finding the growroom as a way to help you with the PTSD!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

+1

Not to mention I really enjoy the company of the people I run into in this hobby. Sure we have our fair share of ass hats and thieves but generally most of them are pretty chill and like minded. Have met some real ride or die friends over the years from growing plants. Shit met my wife of almost 10 years now from these plants.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Haha im good with conversation on this thread flowing organically whatever direction it happens to flow. But that is why I started it, I had a feeling that at least a few of us grow as an outlet of sorts and as a means to stay away from hard drugs that have ravaged years of our lives. Anything that brings us together and anything that keeps conversation flowing is cool with me even if the topic meanders off inna different direction. Proud of you bruh for finding the growroom as a way to help you with the PTSD!

Thanks man, means a lot. Funny thing is the PTSD came years after I began growing, and years after my drug daze. For the last 10 years I've been a firefighter/first responder and I've seen a lot of death, a lot of it trauma related, and living on an island of 5000 people, a lot of them were people I knew, including one of our own firefighters. No amount of CISD briefings prepares you for it.

I first realized I was dealing with some sort of trauma while in my growroom. I started spending entire evenings in there when there was nothing to be done, just because I couldnt handle being around people. Not even my own family.
For a year or so after I made the connection I hated going in the growroom because it just brought it all back, but now i see it as a place to clear my head and get the job done. Its helped me get through a lot of rough shit.

And smoking pot. lol, that helps a lot too. The drinking had to go though...

basscaptain

basscaptain

"legal" rape is very apt

frankly, here the whole system feels like it was designed by the grown up version of those hefty girls in highschool, that smoked pot once before an insane clown posse concert or something, but spent the rest of their 20s explaining the "scene" to their friends?

who else buys weed by the gram....
or got riped off so bad they think 40$ an 8th is how much shit costs...
seriously...
that's how it is in sol ca at the shops...... 20 a gram is the morn...................................... there is no 1/4 oz or anything..... about 5 yrs ago or so it went to grams over night and it's BS for people that are BROKE......................................

hps4891

hps4891

that's how it is in sol ca at the shops...... 20 a gram is the morn...................................... there is no 1/4 oz or anything..... about 5 yrs ago or so it went to grams over night and it's BS for people that are BROKE......................................
Dayum! I'm on the other end of the country from socal but I feel certain that whenever it IS legal here; if they try & run it like that then no dispensary is gonna hurt my customer base. People dont take kindly to any product at insane prices. If its truly top shelf people may be ok with paying a lil more (keyword: little) but like you said a large majority of people esp people who need it for medicine have exhausted their wallets on medical expenses period. I don't think it's fair at all for the gov't to tax cannabis SO MUCH MORE than most other business sectors. Tax cannabis at the same rates for a start!

Top Bottom