Why does it smell like hay/grass after it is dry

• Thread starter shortylo959
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

strawD

yah that link explains it in the first paragraph, surprised i havent seen it mentioned here. Are you trimming your buds before you dry them? that causes them to dry much faster, and also seems to disturb the flavors and the natural leaching/curing process. I used to trim most of my buds wet, since its easier when the fan leaves are sticking out, but after comparing the final product, i've seen that the patience required in the final trim pays off

T

trusmoker

its happend to me bro all id say is that it comes down to how strong your strain is mine were white rhino and dried like hay but my cheese an bluecheese always dry 100% smelly as fuck if theres 1 thing ive learnt its start wiv quailty stock bro

B

bellsnickle

first crop i dried way to fast and a little on the warm side... did get a little scent after leaving them in jars for an extended period and had to rehydrate a little.

D

dank_

My friend's homegrown smelled and tasted like that... 8.9pH lmao

xrob415x

xrob415x

This happened to me. I got a spidermite infection and half the room had to be cut early. This whole batch lost its great smell while drying. But the other half that went an extra week smelled great!!!

bobby

bobby

Cut the plant at the stalk, hang upside down and dry the plant whole in the dark for 5-7 days with no wall fans. Keep the Temp at 68 and humidity at exactly 50%. Trim your stuff dry. This will give you a great smelling product.

Goldenrod

Goldenrod

just chop & hang upside down trimmed or not is preference, i do it both ways depending on time allotted for trimming, cooler you dry the better itll be, no brown bag please, jar when stems crack/snap when you bend em, burp jars often 1st 24 to 36 hours to gauge the moistness still in them & to prevent grassy smell, dont be afraid to leave lid off jar if it seems too moist still, better too dry than too moist, the term dank comes from old wet basement that never seems dry, it was dark & dank down there, a state where the bud is totally dry yet feels plush plump & sticky as if still moist. have a great day yall.

Top Bottom