Why does my cannabis smell like grass

• Thread starter Kurtweb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kurtweb

Kurtweb

Is it supposed to smell like this when drying I’m 4 days into the drying process and there’s been a grass smell for 2 days the other reason might be that I had to chop them a week earlier I have 1 small fan pointed at the wall when I touch the buds i can smell what it’s supposed to smell like can someone help thanks

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I've sometimes noticed the grass smell as a phase during drying. It has always gone away after a few days.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Temp?
Humidity?
There’s a ton of factors that go into the proper process for drying.
I second this, it’s literally everything. The longer the dry, the better the nose and pallet. In my experience anyways.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

My understanding is that the drying and curing needs to be done in a dark space. I've also seen 60℉ temperature and 60% RH recommended. I haven't been able to dry at 60º. Room temperature at about 70º has worked okay for me. I think the RH matters more than the temperature.

GoodListener

GoodListener

For me it has been strain specific. Stuff has flash dried in my garage during a Santa Ana and never smelt like hay.
It was still very pungent when trimmed and jarred and I heard no complaints from friends. And I've grown shit like last year
that I carefully cured trying to get it to taste/smell better, (because I knew I was in trouble) to no avail. it does still get me very high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom