? Why does my Outdoor smell like hay. ?

• Thread starter Dadnardo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dadnardo

Dadnardo

Why might my outdoor smell like hay. Early harvest , catapillars , may not have flushed correctly , dried in too hot of enviornment , dried to quickly , cureing to soon . I am just wondering if it smells like hay going into the jar will it ever smell skunky or have I clearly made an incorrect able error . First time grower .

thebum

thebum

Dried too hot and quickly. It won't go back. Humidity needs to stay above 50% with low temps for a decent cure.

Madbud

Madbud

If you wet trimmed, cutting green leaves is like mowing the lawn, chlorophyll. If you can’t cut a leaf’s stem, trim it after it dries. Meanwhile lay the buds out for half an hour each day til the smell is gone.

Dadnardo

Dadnardo

It sounds like I should lay them out in low temp above 50% humidity. That would have to be done inside so I can keep it cool right ? It’s been 90 degrees out side in my area. Or Do they just need to air out for 30 min a day ?

Jetdry88

Jetdry88

If you wet trimmed, cutting green leaves is like mowing the lawn, chlorophyll. If you can’t cut a leaf’s stem, trim it after it dries. Meanwhile lay the buds out for half an hour each day til the smell is gone.

How will this make the smell last?
Many people I have spoken and forums I have read suggest wet trimming in wetter climates and dry trim in dryer climates.

Dadnardo

Dadnardo

Sorry my reply was a question to an earlier reply . Not advising to do this . My bad

Jetdry88

Jetdry88

No worries I was replying to mad bud and what he said.
I am very curious about this topic and almost have a nostalgic feel about the hay smell.
Reminds me of what we called old man weed when I was a kid.
Nothing wrong with the product that I can recall just don't want mine to be like that haha.

Madbud

Madbud

How will this make the smell last?
Many people I have spoken and forums I have read suggest wet trimming in wetter climates and dry trim in dryer climates.
Its what works best for me,unless hang drying outside when i leave all the fans on to cover buds from light. Normally, small quantities i dry at 50-60% rh and 65-70°F indoors. Wet trimming gives that hayfield smell in the jar i found.

Dadnardo

Dadnardo

Got it . One I wet dried and it does smell more like farm or ranch Hay . The other I trimmed and dried so I may have put in jar too soon or to late . I’m just hoping I can get some of the smell back . While it was growing the smell was very strong.

Jetdry88

Jetdry88

So can I ask what may be suggest in the case where I do not have access to a controled humidity zone.
I have small 10' x 6' shop that isn't being used at the moment and am planning drying in there. Insulated and all but no heat or AC.
As far as light windows are blocked with next to nothing coming in.

I am assuming humidity will be close to 100% from them drying in the small room. Small fan for air circulation but nothing more.
Sorry this is my first grow and learning as I get close to each phase

Madbud

Madbud

I tried using my basement once before i bought a dehum, humidity was probably around 80-90%, ruined them with cottonball mold.

Top Bottom