Why I do everything backwards

• Thread starter ODankGro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ODankGro

ODankGro

Ok I state this all the time, but I run a hydro-shop and I always get all these people in here that have read off the internet "how to grow pot" then they think they know it all.

This is my process clones and seedlings under a single 2' T5. Once rooted straight to a 150HPS then they chill there for about two weeks then go under a 1K HPS will they remain until the last two weeks of flower.. The last two weeks I remove the glass from my hoods and swap the bulbs to a Metal halide for extra UVB light and in return super frosty plants.

Everybody else say MH for veg and HPS for flower.

I also blow through my hoods rather then suck. Must people say its not as efficient. I disagree, think about it for a second.. You got a hot bowl of soup in front of you its way to hot to eat but your starving. Now don't you think it would look kinda goofy if you were sucking on it to cool it down? A fan for you house blows, the AC blows cold air it doesn't suck cold air on you.. yes I understand it has a intake that's not what I'm saying.

If I have spider mites I don't spray them with a bunch of shit.. I kill them and start over unless its late in flower. Then bleach the room down for the next week.

I don't use any crazy ass bloom boosters like 2-50-30 shit. However I am trying hydroplex on my DWC run at the moment but that is only 0-10-7

I don't foliar feed

I try to keep my room temps around 68 while everybody says 76. My opinion why use a water chiller just chill the room.

I hate smart pots, at least for anything under a 100 gallons then your just in another ballpark altogether.

Do any of you do things differently then what most people call standard?

straincreation

straincreation

Not me, but it all makes complete sense. I mean the air movement theory its speeks volume. Literally... haha .. any way ive heard things in the past of the mh bumping extra UVB rays. But this sounds logical, ill have to start with one week to see results. Smart pots are weak, mites theory to all duuuuh. Foliar pointless unless your room is dusty in any way but straight water will do. Temp, I wish I could, working on it . Then again maybe your fan theory will help. No crazy bloom boosters I concur.

Anyways im just chattin I know you had a question but I just wanted to share my opinion. great post anyways. Hapoy farming

Billyboat

Billyboat

I love foliar feeding and think its a very important factor...love spraying calicium

I've knocked mites down many times with organics...

Blowing through hoods can create positive pressure in a room, bc hoods leak...

Done side by sides and smart pots kick plastic pots outta the water...

Hydroplex is just a watered down bloom booster...

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

You may hate smart pots and you may have to water more but as billy said they kill plastic pots...try one 3 gal geopot and try a 3 gal plastic same strain same medium same nutes side by side think you probably won't hate them after you see the results.

straincreation

straincreation

Ok I state this all the time, but I run a hydro-shop and I always get all these people in here that have read off the internet "how to grow pot" then they think they know it all.

This is my process clones and seedlings under a single 2' T5. Once rooted straight to a 150HPS then they chill there for about two weeks then go under a 1K HPS will they remain until the last two weeks of flower.. The last two weeks I remove the glass from my hoods and swap the bulbs to a Metal halide for extra UVB light and in return super frosty plants.

Everybody else say MH for veg and HPS for flower.

I also blow through my hoods rather then suck. Must people say its not as efficient. I disagree, think about it for a second.. You got a hot bowl of soup in front of you its way to hot to eat but your starving. Now don't you think it would look kinda goofy if you were sucking on it to cool it down? A fan for you house blows, the AC blows cold air it doesn't suck cold air on you.. yes I understand it has a intake that's not what I'm saying.

If I have spider mites I don't spray them with a bunch of shit.. I kill them and start over unless its late in flower. Then bleach the room down for the next week.

I don't use any crazy ass bloom boosters like 2-50-30 shit. However I am trying hydroplex on my DWC run at the moment but that is only 0-10-7

I don't foliar feed

I try to keep my room temps around 68 while everybody says 76. My opinion why use a water chiller just chill the room.

I hate smart pots, at least for anything under a 100 gallons then your just in another ballpark altogether.

Do any of you do things differently then what most people call standard?
So i looked up this fan theory, cause if your doing this and not all growers than something is going on. So after some research, i found that the fan theory sorry but its no good.
As far a inline fans go these fans are ment to suck ans do not run as effiecent when blowing. It actually puts more stress on your fan, in turn shorter life span for the fan. So although it seems logical i wouldnt advise anyone to do this. So ya im just stating what i found cause i was intreged by your theory on the fans.

N

Noah Dove

I love foliar feeding and think its a very important factor...love spraying calicium

I've knocked mites down many times with organics...

Blowing through hoods can create positive pressure in a room, bc hoods leak...

Done side by sides and smart pots kick plastic pots outta the water...

Hydroplex is just a watered down bloom booster...
the same idea from "smart pot" and made my own GIANT smartpot, using weedblocker (pourous fiber cloth), staple cloth to insides of a wooden TILE box. (Or any type of wood box you see ontop a semi-truck,) fill with dirt, wala! giant smart-pot. costs 10$ for the cloth and usually the wooden boxes are free! =)

pros, insane growing spurts.

cons: dries out faster then traditional pots I guess.

Top Bottom