Why I trim dry now. Don't believe the hype

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ive got a couple of mentors that do that very thing wait till its needed to trim i just cant get past that funky stage where those big non greasy leaves just get a wronchy smell and its not the good kind of wronch either im thinking maybe there something im using that the plant dont like and its storing it in the big leaves and never using it ....idk

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Maybe, I don't know, either. But if you let it get past that stage it gets pretty nice and you end up with very good quality buds, IMO. By that I mean they're not beaten to shit, they've got all the trichomes they were harvested with, they haven't been pushed in drying which causes a harsh smoke, IMO, nor has curing been eschewed in favor of quick sales.

I'm sitting her smoking weed that I harvested 1 year ago, and it's smoking very, very nicely. Is it pretty to look at? No, it's very, very amber and that gives some of the buds a brownish color. But they have all their trichomes and taste very smooth. This weed has been stored on the branch until last September, when I realized I had no place to put this year's (now gone, stolen in the robbery) OD crop. So my friend and I then finally broke them down from the mains and put them into plastic bins. Those bins are loosely covered, and went into the flowering room where I am able to much more easily control relative humidity and temperatures. I shoot for the lowest temps possible, but not freezing.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I agree if you know how to store it like wine it gets better and lock it in when you know how and just store the shit out of it and ya ive gotten ripped off 3 yr old bud

you know i think im going to try that and just right before trimming maybe bump up the humidity just to trim and by the time trimming is done the herb will be perfect to start burping again....you know ive cured various things clay hide and others and the temps should vary and you should go through a wet dry wet dry cycle i just dont let that first dry cycle hit to soon cuz many oils dissapear it seems too evaporate and then turn to a dry dusty like crystal when i cure the way i do the crystal locks in a gel like state and that old old slow cured bud gets sweeter and sweeter and that seemed to be true for me even with the skunk and sour varieties

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
im slightly off topic but,wth
question
I just put away a few lb's
I put them in mylar bags and then, i put the mylar bags into buckets,
and then, I thew in a Oxygen Absorber and put the lid on tight

Bout a two month cure before all that...I want the buds to stay just the way they are ;)

Is this method ok? o_O

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I know what you mean ken. Do you have an inexpensive model that will not allow you to seal on demand? A straight vaccum seal is good, you can always vaccum jars if you want to keep it all in tact. But the nitro sealer, albeit costs an arm and a leg, is the most amazing thing I have ever seen in herb preservation! unreal buddy

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I know what you mean ken. Do you have an inexpensive model that will not allow you to seal on demand? A straight vaccum seal is good, you can always vaccum jars if you want to keep it all in tact. But the nitro sealer, albeit costs an arm and a leg, is the most amazing thing I have ever seen in herb preservation! unreal buddy
Yeah would be cool to have one of those!!

with mine I can Vac as much air out as I wish...and I do have the thing the does the Jars..
But a LB would be quite a few jars...and I packed away a few. :)
But I may do a few jars too

I have heard Steep hill labs will Nitro package LB's in Mylar..I dont know what they charge..
250 i think

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
TwoSteepHillBagsSmall.jpg

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I just hit the stop button before that happens. Works very, very well. But replacing air with pure N is, as I've been told, the real ticket.
ok...ok.....I confess...sheesh :rolleyes:

Im just too lazy to do it:cool:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
These absorb Oxygen

Oxyabsorbers

I but them in the 5gal buckets on top the mylar bags of buds(not touching the flowers)

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Wow seems pretty 50/50 on the wet and dry trimmers I guess it depends mostly on circumstance the amount of time and help you have as well as drying conditions . Although I don't think I will go back to wet trimming my partner is complaining now because it has extended our drying time by 2-4 days. Before we were bagging and burping at 5-7 days now its 7-9 before its ready to trim. IMO The dry trim slow dry seems to get the full quality for me. When I was wet trimming the bud tasted rushed and allot of times I could taste chlorophyll even after a week. Thanks for all the input on the subject.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Kenneth, Bro. Double bag your vac seals to avoid crushing the herb. Throw your herb in a bag and seal it but don't vac it. Then throw that in another bag and vac and seal the second bag. The sealed but not vac'd inner bag stays inflated and the nugs remain unsmushed. Works like a charm. Great for delivery purposes as well.

outwest

yellowhead

yellowhead

If you do that Outwest, aren't you sealing oxygen in with the buds, leaving the oxidation process to continue? I would think so...

Top Bottom