Why is bho sticking to oil slick pad after purging?

• Thread starter indogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indogro

indogro

I did few runs with Puretane, and after purging, it lifted off the oil slick pad very easy and stayed a nice amber clear sheet.

Now that I have switched to Lucienne, it is sticking to oil slick so intensely, I am having to scrape it off, and it flakes into many pieces. it sucks.

Why is this? Is the Luceinne an inferior product?!? or is it something else?

Myco

Myco

I've used Luceinne many times... a lot of other folks do too. I've never noticed this happening... perhaps you need to clean your slick pads?

Parchment. Parchment. Parchment.

Oh, parchment.

indogro

indogro

i did clean them thoroughly with soap and water. after its fully purged for 24 hours, it looks great. i take it out, put it in fridge for a minute or two, and it won't COME OFF THE SHEET without me scraping it off and it breaking all up, which causes it to no longer look nice and clear. WTF!!!!! 3 runs have done this. I will try a run purging on parchment. But i truly think think something is not right here, and I do not know what.

indogro

indogro

My first few runs with Puretane did not do this at all, and looked amazing. But then they raised the price on it, so i went and got the Lucienne locally, and nothing else in my process has changed

Is there a way to clean these that I do not know of?

Myco

Myco

I clean my slick pads with iso... but I never purge on them anymore. The few times I did, I had no trouble removing it, and I believe I was using Lucienne around that time. I can't tell you exactly what could be causing it honestly man... that is pretty strange. Maybe someone else with more experience purging on slick pads can chime in...

But I recommend to always purge on parchment. I notice a weird layer of idk-what on the side that's been sitting on the oil-slick when I do, not sure what it is.

Dbd143

Dbd143

ive always used parchment to purge jut got a slick mat for shits and giggles havent used it yet. but there shouldnt be anything you're working with that would make your product stick that badly either your pad is dirty or you scratcheed the outer surface cleaning it. just use soap water and a rag or iso and a rag just not a brillo pad.

Top Bottom