Why is My 4 week Plant Bushy?

• Thread starter jcas004
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moeboi

Moeboi

What kind of led and how close? I found that they like them within 16-24 inches with my mars hydro 600 100wat actual. And I'm running them about 30 inches right now because I have another led in there. I like the cfl 6400k for early verging. I noticed adding a small 24wat 6400k cfl within 8 inches of plant really helped node spacing.
I had a 300watt cfl bulb in closet and about 24 to 36 in out I think that's how much out it is.. Im gonna use until i can get a better setup and lights I'm gonna grow outside when I move in August..I just had these and was trying to learn to grow

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

I had a 300watt cfl bulb in closet and about 24 to 36 in out I think that's how much out it is.. Im gonna use until i can get a better setup and lights I'm gonna grow outside when I move in August..I just had these and was trying to learn to grow
I just started using cfls in the early stages of life. It definitely makes a difference and my plants loved that stupid 24 wat 6400k cfl bulb. I wouldn't use it for flowering it doesn't have the power but great for seedlings,clones and early veg.

Moeboi

Moeboi

I just started using cfls in the early stages of life. It definitely makes a difference and my plants loved that stupid 24 wat 6400k cfl bulb. I wouldn't use it for flowering it doesn't have the power but great for seedlings,clones and early veg.
Oh ok what light u think is best for veg and flowering

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Stay away from the cheap 'Blurple' grow lights. these simply do not have enough power to grow your plants correctly.
Get yourself a quality light. Your light is the single most important part of your setup. Junk light, junk plants.

jcas004

jcas004

It looks great. The leaves are pointing into the sky and that is just what you want.
When the leaves are up, the plant is happy and growing.

How much drainage does that pot have?
Ok so that's good ..I cant believe it's only been 2 wks ..feels like forever watching and waiting..well the pot has a dish that's attached to the bottom but it's not a water dish...and I have moisture control soil in there ...I don't water much cause the pot stays heavy ..and I took out the mulch....I just looked and there are no holes in the bottom of the dish should see if I can pop off this bottom dish? I know there are holes in the pot because I did get some rain water to drain out of the dish but it's snug...I've been wondering if I should give it more drainage? I water it about every other day because it's been pretty hot and humid here... but no mold in the soil and every now and then I fluff the top soil. Right now looks good but that can always change and I want to be prepared for the flowering stage. But have no clue!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok so that's good ..I cant believe it's only been 2 wks ..feels like forever watching and waiting..well the pot has a dish that's attached to the bottom but it's not a water dish...and I have moisture control soil in there ...I don't water much cause the pot stays heavy ..I just looked and there are no holes in the bottom of the dish should see if I can pop off this bottom dish? I've been wondering if I should give it more drainage? I water it about every other day because it's been pretty hot and humid here... but no mold in the soil and every now and then I fluff the top soil. Right now looks good but that can always change and I want to be prepared for the flowering stage. But have no clue!
If there is no drainage, your plant will eventually drown. I think that pot has drainage, but inside the bottom plate. We have one similar. If you can, put something else under it beside the bottom plate so it can drain more easily.
We moved all our plants (veggies, smoke, flowers...) to fabric pots except for airponic ones. It's just a healthier kind of planter. Oxygen can flow freely and it helps to prevent disease.

jcas004

jcas004

If there is no drainage, your plant will eventually drown. I think that pot has drainage, but inside the bottom plate. We have one similar. If you can, put something else under it beside the bottom plate so it can drain more easily.
We moved all our plants (veggies, smoke, flowers...) to fabric pots except for airponic ones. It's just a healthier kind of planter. Oxygen can flow freely and it helps to prevent disease.
Fabric pot ..I'll look into that ..thanks! It does have drainage..but I was afraid not enough because the soil has stayed moist ..we have had alot of rain..and I kept moving it to keep from damage and drowning...I'm afraid to transplant her....I noticed how she was pointing straight up to the sky today. It's reaching for the stars..🤩 I still have like 6-8 wks of veg left..right?!?! Before flower?

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Pointing up is wonderful.

How much do you love that pot? If you don't really have feelings for it then get your drill and put a hole every inch in the bottom half.
That should take care of it. You can hole the entire pot. but it should be good at halfway. Ideally, you go up to the soil level.

jcas004

jcas004

Pointing up is wonderful.

How much do you love that pot? If you don't really have feelings for it then get your drill and put a hole every inch in the bottom half.
That should take care of it. You can hole the entire pot. but it should be good at halfway. Ideally, you go up to the soil level.
I can totally drill it I did with all my other pots, don't know why I didn't with this one ..I guess I was in a hurry! The soil it's in is that miracle grow feeds upto 6mths, been outdoors since seedling stage, I'm all organic so should I add some nutrients while it's vegging or wait till flower because of the soil? I don't even know what the hell that soil is so I'm going in this blind folded! Planning on throwing in some coffee grounds and banana peels. But not sure when!?!

Anthem

Anthem

Yes drill out the bottom of the pot about 15 to 20 hole. If you can afford some botanical pure blend pro veg and blood that would make a great nutrient for you about 98 to 99 percent organic. Add about 20 percent of what the label says for feed and see how the plant takes it. The challenge is the nutrients in the potting soils. you want to add some but not too much because things like miracle grow are constantly adding feed to the plant but no ideal for cannabis. In the future look for fox farms ocean forest or vitality. both are great for the plant. if the plant does not complain from 20 percent feed and looks healthy you can try to slow add more nutrients. If the tips of the top leaves start to burn. back off the feeding and I would always suggest a feed than water than feed watering schedule. This will help with salt build up.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you haven't fed it yet, the coffee grounds and banana peels won't hurt.
Are you using a nutrient pack by anyone? Or are you feeding scraps and other compost type stuff?
It's hard to know what to tell you without knowing that.
Miracle Gro has timed release food in it. It's good stuff, but it's not designed for marijane.
FF Ocean forest is good stuff. That's what we use with very little of anything added.

jcas004

jcas004

Yes drill out the bottom of the pot about 15 to 20 hole. If you can afford some botanical pure blend pro veg and blood that would make a great nutrient for you about 98 to 99 percent organic. Add about 20 percent of what the label says for feed and see how the plant takes it. The challenge is the nutrients in the potting soils. you want to add some but not too much because things like miracle grow are constantly adding feed to the plant but no ideal for cannabis. In the future look for fox farms ocean forest or vitality. both are great for the plant. if the plant does not complain from 20 percent feed and looks healthy you can try to slow add more nutrients. If the tips of the top leaves start to burn. back off the feeding and I would always suggest a feed than water than feed watering schedule. This will help with salt build up.
Wow this is pure science..ugh! Which I kinda suck at! Lol thanx for that lesson plan! 😊

Anthem

Anthem

Try to get some botanical pure blend pro veg and bloom. it is not 100 percent organic but very close. 98 to 99 percent. It will provide your plants with food and still be very close to organic. Save the coffee and banana peels for a time when you have more experience. Doing 100 percent organic is not easy and can be very challenging.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Try to get some botanical pure blend pro veg and bloom. it is not 100 percent organic but very close. 98 to 99 percent. It will provide your plants with food and still be very close to organic. Save the coffee and banana peels for a time when you have more experience. Doing 100 percent organic is not easy and can be very challenging.
100% organic is the way homesteaders and country folk do things. Everything is reused, recharged and food is never wasted. We have done the banana peels and such. It's a lot of work.

jcas004

jcas004

If you haven't fed it yet, the coffee grounds and banana peels won't hurt.
Are you using a nutrient pack by anyone? Or are you feeding scraps and other compost type stuff?
It's hard to know what to tell you without knowing that.
Pack?!? Yea that's like another language to me! I do know I grew a massive pineapple plant with same soil .. coffee grounds and banana peels ... I just don't want to over feed with the miracle grow stuff feeding the plant all ready. I added some grounds last week.

Anthem

Anthem

If you really want to try organic look up KNF (Korean Natural Farming). I so want to try it but it takes time and understanding. Secondly, there is a podcast guy called shaping fire and he had a guy on somewhere around episode 15, I think the name is Chris Trump. He knows how to do KNF. The results are well, I am getting 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 pounds a light and I still want to try it if that says anything.
Good Luck with your grow!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom