Why is my node spacing so terrible?

• Thread starter justice8965
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justice8965

justice8965

Hi All, 5th grow and the first one where I've had such an issue with stretchy stems with few nodes during stretch. 5-6in between nodes. Every plant in the tent, 4 separate strains, all the same. I'm thinking it must be an environment issue? I did let the temp and humidity hang around 80/70 for the first 8 or 9 days, maybe that's the issue? Light is an roi e-720 on max so plenty of light intensity. Feed around 2ec and I even cut the P in my feed to 25ppm since that's supposed to help with node spacing. 1gal coco DTW with multiple fertigations a day. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Pics are day 14 of 12/12, just after the first defoliation

Why is my node spacing so terrible
Why is my node spacing so terrible 2
Why is my node spacing so terrible 3
Why is my node spacing so terrible 4

mancorn

mancorn

What was the dark temp? A large difference in light/dark temps can increase spacing.

justice8965

justice8965

What was the dark temp? A large difference in light/dark temps can increase spacing.

Temps were around I'd say 79/74. Definitely not a big drop

...but look at all those tasty bud sites.

Yeah just wasted potential is what irks me. I'm sure I'll end up with some good bud, they are super healthy

Blastfact

Blastfact

Well seeing there all modern fufu hybrids leans towards sativa there naturally going to be possibly leggy and the light was to far away. Some times dropping the par level and dropping the light lower can help with leggy plants that like to stretch to the light.

LibertyBadger

LibertyBadger

Hi All, 5th grow and the first one where I've had such an issue with stretchy stems with few nodes during stretch. 5-6in between nodes. Every plant in the tent, 4 separate strains, all the same. I'm thinking it must be an environment issue? I did let the temp and humidity hang around 80/70 for the first 8 or 9 days, maybe that's the issue? Light is an roi e-720 on max so plenty of light intensity. Feed around 2ec and I even cut the P in my feed to 25ppm since that's supposed to help with node spacing. 1gal coco DTW with multiple fertigations a day. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Pics are day 14 of 12/12, just after the first defoliation

View attachment 1233328View attachment 1233329View attachment 1233330View attachment 1233331
Plant growth regulators, like gibberellin, can do that. What Nutes are you using?

justice8965

justice8965

Well seeing there all modern fufu hybrids leans towards sativa there naturally going to be possibly leggy and the light was to far away. Some times dropping the par level and dropping the light lower can help with leggy plants that like to stretch to the light.

I had the e720 at 22in 100%. Ppfd in the middle is 900+, seems like alot of intensity.

Plant growth regulators, like gibberellin, can do that. What Nutes are you using?

Hmm well I make my own nutes using salts and RO water. However, I do give them a microbe watering every 7 days with:

Kelp <-This might be the culprit
Tribus
Recharge

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you have an LED that adds some far red light, that could contribute.

There are indicas that do this, too. I had a Bubba Kush x Lemon Thai cross that grew like this.

justice8965

justice8965

If you have an LED that adds some far red light, that could contribute.

There are indicas that do this, too. I had a Bubba Kush x Lemon Thai cross that grew like this.

The light is 'full spectrum', I assume there would be some red in there

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

If they had horrible spacing in veg as well as flower I would suspect the light but considering that it seems this issue just showed up in flower I would say sativa leaning genetics or something else VPD wise 🤷‍♂️

steamroller

steamroller

If you were running your lights on max or even near during veg then that is your answer .
The increased [possibly unnecessary] light increases the plants hunger for ferts and has explosive growth .
Most don't want that so they run lights [ of your caliber ] 50% till they flip then turn it up .
High par is much more helpful in flower .
Maybe just me ?

justice8965

justice8965

If you were running your lights on max or even near during veg then that is your answer .
The increased [possibly unnecessary] light increases the plants hunger for ferts and has explosive growth .
Most don't want that so they run lights [ of your caliber ] 50% till they flip then turn it up .
High par is much more helpful in flower .
Maybe just me ?
Oh no for sure, I vegged at around 65%, around 600ppfd on the canopy. Lights went to 100 the day of flip

Latest posts

Top Bottom