Why Is My Plant Growing Slow?

• Thread starter Mari420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mari420

Mari420

My plant is 7 weeks old and is only 4 inches. I've been having it on 24-0 but Im changing it tonight to 18-6. I have 2 150w CFL lights and one 100w CFL light. I am growing in my closet and am on a budget. What is wrong with my plant?
Why is my plant growing slow
Why is my plant growing slow 2

Last edited:
ken dog

ken dog

In my opinion... it looks a little bit over watered, a little bit dry regarding relative humidity, and a little bit hungry for nutrients.

Overwatered because the leaves are drooping a little bit... Dry regarding relative humidity because the edges of the leaves are curled up a bit... And hungry for nutrients because I think I see some brown spots on the top of your leaves and that could be a Calcium deficiency, and the lackluster color probably indicates more nitrogen is needed... So I would just go with a veg base that includes cal/mag.

Mari420

Mari420

What medium? Looks like it was too hot.
I've been using miricle gro. I've heard that it kills but I've also heard it can work. I was going to go pick up cocoblend black gold soil and just change it out

Mari420

Mari420

In my opinion... it looks a little bit over watered, a little bit dry regarding relative humidity, and a little bit hungry for nutrients.

Overwatered because the leaves are drooping a little bit... Dry regarding relative humidity because the edges of the leaves are curled up a bit... And hungry for nutrients because I think I see some brown spots on the top of your leaves and that could be a Calcium deficiency, and the lackluster color probably indicates more nitrogen is needed... So I would just go with a veg base that includes cal/mag.
I haven't been watering it lately. A few days ago I fed it some nutrients

box269

box269

I've been using miricle gro. I've heard that it kills but I've also heard it can work. I was going to go pick up cocoblend black gold soil and just change it out
Pretty sure thats your issue. Miracle grow is pretty hot. It stunted its growth early on. Then feeding it on top of MG. Transplant out of it and it will bounce back. Id shake off if not rinse off as much miracle grow as you can. Definately fixable.

Mari420

Mari420

Pretty sure thats your issue. Miracle grow is pretty hot. It stunted its growth early on. Then feeding it on top of MG. Transplant out of it and it will bounce back. Id shake off if not rinse off as much miracle grow as you can. Definately fixable.
Should cocoblend black gold potting soil work?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Welcome to the Farm @Mari420 Its great to see ya going Growin that is
Just take time do some reading and as you grow so will the Ease of It All.
Agree with the whole cut out the Miracle grow plan
and getting your Baby in a good quality soil is not to big a deal.
Are you able to get basic potting soil Best to get the starter seedlings soil and a very
Basic mix of what ya have available ?
are you anywhere by a HObo dept O or a Lowes even a WallyMert has some basics
stick with a little is way better than to much
The name of the Game is to Read read and read.
FWI;
I have a few under CFL and turn all off but one move it up a bit and let the plant do some Bouncing back
after the transplanting into a better soil.
4 20 2016 UD 4
Keep it Green
FlyJ

Mari420

Mari420

Welcome to the Farm @Mari420 Its great to see ya going Growin that is
Just take time do some reading and as you grow so will the Ease of It All.
Agree with the whole cut out the Miracle grow plan
and getting your Baby in a good quality soil is not to big a deal.
Are you able to get basic potting soil Best to get the starter seedlings soil and a very
Basic mix of what ya have available ?
are you anywhere by a HObo dept O or a Lowes even a WallyMert has some basics
stick with a little is way better than to much
The name of the Game is to Read read and read.
FWI;
I have a few under CFL and turn all off but one move it up a bit and let the plant do some Bouncing back
after the transplanting into a better soil.
View attachment 593105 Keep it Green
FlyJ
I put the plant into ecoscraps. I Dont have a reflector so I just put some tin foil around the light aiming at the plant. I also put a quilt over my set up (mostly so you can't see the light through the crack of the door.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom