Why is my plant so slow flowering?

• Thread starter chamullero420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chamullero420

chamullero420

Hey all,

Just wondering why my plant is taking so damn long! Looking to learn for next time.

It’s a Gelato auto. On the Herbies website it says they average around 65 days from seed to harvest. This photo was taken today - day 78 from sprout.

Looking at the photos people are posting I’m guessing these have at least 3 more weeks to go?

Now I’ve probably stunted them a little bit early on with transplanting but they recovered in less than 2 days.

I’ve done some defoliation and pruning (lollypopping) along the way but tried to stagger it and not do too much at once.

Apart from some very light magnesium deficiency in the first couple of weeks it has always looked healthy. It’s in 3gal Coco and I’ve been following the Canna feeding schedule. Temps were probably a little low in the first 3 weeks (around 20deg C) but recently more around 24-25. Humidity 65-70 early and 45-55 lately.

So is this just genetics or have I fucked up somehow?

Why is my plant so slow flowering
memnoch

memnoch

Something I've learned is not all plant will flower on those sites schedule. They are going to do it when they want and take as long as they want. I have two plants same strain did everything to them as close as the same as possible. I cut one down almost two weeks ago. The other still has at least a week if not more. I think your plants doing fine. It looks healthy. Just have some patients with her. I think you probably have little longer than 3 weeks to. Keep showing her love and she will reward you for it.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Hey all,

Just wondering why my plant is taking so damn long! Looking to learn for next time.

It’s a Gelato auto. On the Herbies website it says they average around 65 days from seed to harvest. This photo was taken today - day 78 from sprout.

Looking at the photos people are posting I’m guessing these have at least 3 more weeks to go?

Now I’ve probably stunted them a little bit early on with transplanting but they recovered in less than 2 days.

I’ve done some defoliation and pruning (lollypopping) along the way but tried to stagger it and not do too much at once.

Apart from some very light magnesium deficiency in the first couple of weeks it has always looked healthy. It’s in 3gal Coco and I’ve been following the Canna feeding schedule. Temps were probably a little low in the first 3 weeks (around 20deg C) but recently more around 24-25. Humidity 65-70 early and 45-55 lately.

Genetics is my vote

W

wiaru

I would be concerned if it showed some signs of it being sick or dying, but it looks healthy. Looks early in flower... quite a bit to go. I think you have another month to go, but all looks well.

thehighguy

thehighguy

Hey all,

Autos are genetically unstable . The same is true for any new or young hybrid strains. Many generations of selective breeding are needed to stabilize genetic traits, mainly their presence and their likely hood of appearing. You can quite literally take 2 identical autos, breed them and end up with seeds that will not resemble the parent plants. This is why i avoid autos.

A

alpha.ganjaguy

Herbies website it says they average around 65 days from seed to harvest. This photo was taken today - day 78 from sprout.

Apart from some very light magnesium deficiency in the first couple of weeks it has always looked healthy.
most breeders are not accurate with their estimates, keep in mind even if they are telling the truth, those numbers are in their garden which is dialed in for their plants.

As for yours, I would estimate more than 3 weeks. Auto's can be very unforgiving, any small issues can result in major slow down, loss of yield and other issues.. you mention several things that slowed her down, some stunting when transplanting (most growers do not transplant autos), defoliating, lollypopping/pruning can slow down growth, keep in mind all those leaves are the plants solar panels for energy, the more you remove the less it has to do it's job.. deficiencies can also cause slow downs, if the plant doesn't have what it wants/needs it may slow growth

Top Bottom