Why is my weed taking so long to dry PLEASE HELP

• Thread starter OjOs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OjOs

My question is that I did my harvest on jan 9th I assume my they would be done I know it might be that Im impatient but I thought it would it be ready in a week or week in a half I know its been just two weeks Im jus wondering if something is wrong or if anyone had this problem please let me kno thanks

Cort

Cort

You need to post more info about how you are drying it in order to get any help at all. For all we know the harvest was put straight into jars or even a hefty garbage bag.

Here are the basics.

Cool temps 60-65 is where I like it
RH 55 +/-
Fans moving air around but not blowing air directly onto buds
Appropriate intake/exhaust to keep all of the above in line.

Leave your shit too wet, too long and it will start growing again... with mildew.

There is lots more to know, but get that going while you search for more detailed info.

O

OjOs

You need to post more info about how you are drying it in order to get any help at all. For all we know the harvest was put straight into jars or even a hefty garbage bag.

Here are the basics.

Cool temps 60-65 is where I like it
RH 55 +/-
Fans moving air around but not blowing air directly onto buds
Appropriate intake/exhaust to keep all of the above in line.

Leave your shit too wet, too long and it will start growing again... with mildew.

There is lots more to know, but get that going while you search for more detailed info.

Ok well im hanging them in my closet on hangers

Cort

Cort

Temps? RH? have any air moving?

Check them close for growing mold. May have a sour or ammonia smell.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Dude, when you post on here every one is going to ask you for all the basics...if you can't read your humidity, pH, temps, etc. then just tell everyone but also let us know what you know about what's going on.

O

OjOs

Dude, when you post on here every one is going to ask you for all the basics...if you can't read your humidity, pH, temps, etc. then just tell everyone but also let us know what you know about what's going on.

well I dont have nothing high tech whatever my phone has as a temp I just balance it in my closet its my first grow but im jus wondering if its a bad thing or good thing that its taking more then two weeks and I live in the socal area and the weather has been weird the past couple days thats pretty much what I can tell you guys sorry I dont have have that much info

lazarus718

lazarus718

Ok, let's start from the beginning:
1) How are you determining that the plants aren't ready for the jar yet?
2) What is the temperature inside your closet (guess if you don't have a therm.)?
3) How long was it between your last water and the time you cut the plant(s) down?
4) How did you grow the plant?
...there's a start.

O

OjOs

Ok, let's start from the beginning:
1) How are you determining that the plants aren't ready for the jar yet?
2) What is the temperature inside your closet (guess if you don't have a therm.)?
3) How long was it between your last water and the time you cut the plant(s) down?
4) How did you grow the plant?
...there's a start.

One I tried to bend the stems to see if they snap but they dont temp is prolly abt 55 to 60 last time I gave them water was 24 hourss before I cut them and it was on the 9th of this month I grew them with fox farm soil and only water no nutes what so ever

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

It could already be too late, or you might be lucky. It is too humid in your drying area. Definitely follow advice above on fans/air-movement. I'm asuming you don't have a dehuey or it would already be on? If so, start by slightly warming the closet with a space heater, but only to 65deg if possible. The heater will dry the air. Normally this would be a bad approach, but your case is different right now. Have jars ready so when it starts drying suddenly you can keep it from turning to straw/dust before the cure.

Grab a hygrometer (humidity scanner), they're like $10 at chain stores. Once you know the relative humidity % (rh), then search here for best drying/curing practices. Also get a 60x or better magnifier and learn what mold looks like, plus uv/backlight will make it glow ($5 bulb, or get the magnifier with money-checking led).

If buds are moldy, please don't risk your health or anyone else's, and hard as it is, just use the experience for next run. If you take advice from the harvest threads you can't go wrong.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yeah, you gotta have some air moving in there bro.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

My two cents, next time dont water 24 hrs prior to chop. Chop em once the soils dried. Personally, I wouldve skipped that last watering and chopped that day..or waited and chopped the day you did. Either way, I wouldnt have watered a day before harvest. Not to say there arent other factors, but watering the day before you chopped is def a contributing factor to your prolonged drying time. Good luck.
pRiMo303

W

WildCajun

So what is the status of your weed did it dry did it mold what is up ???

Scorpion

Scorpion

well I dont have nothing high tech whatever my phone has as a temp I just balance it in my closet its my first grow but im jus wondering if its a bad thing or good thing that its taking more then two weeks and I live in the socal area and the weather has been weird the past couple days thats pretty much what I can tell you guys sorry I dont have have that much info

I hang the plant upside down until fan leafs will snap cleanly from flowers.
this can take a week or several weeks depending on the size of the plant and humidity.
I then cut flowers from main stalk and place into a news paper rolled into a burrito,stack all flowers<colas> into a cardboard box...
When you can Snap a small bud from the larger colas then it is ready to smoke,if the stem bends then it needs to dry longer.

in really dry climates you may need to work it into a plastic bag for a day or two to draw out the internal moisture.

When the stems snaps it is ready to smoke,not before.

keep it green

Top Bottom