Why is runoff EC spiking?

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jguit

jguit

Supporter
The general point is the same but I use the floraflex strategy without runoff. They would like you to irrigate until you get runoff in order to Bring your EC value down every light cycle. This can be wasteful if you’re not on your shit and can be avoided if you are. Since I am watering just to get my water content back to field capacity with no runoff I cannot allow my EC values to Spike is high. This allows you to maintain the EC without getting the fluctuation that you’ll get with a floraflex irrigation strategy.
I believe there is a thread on here or on the roll it up forum call Coco trees where one of the members “DJM” runs this strategy. He irrigates very tiny amounts up to 20 times a day getting zero runoff and maintaining an EC within .1 of his input and does this with monster trees. Like bigger than 6 ft. That’s where I got the no runoff strategy. And aroya have training on this as well.
Thanks for the clarification. This would be pretty tough to do without the Aroya sensor.
My bad. Floraflex has this labeled vegetative. But my dry backs are greater.
This makes much more sense.

Out of curiosity, what sort of EC are you running with the Aroya setup?

Anthem

Anthem

$500 well spent. I bought the sensor vs the troll master controller and just use cheap nearpow timers.
Trolmaster stuff is OK I use it. It has limitations, I will not spring for the newest model. They do some stuff that is kind of dick. Here is an example, the newest version of the software for even the lower grade model has PPFD on the screen so you feel line you need to run there PPFD sensor. And their open architecture software will not work with that many water shots a day. I want to say their stuff max's out at 3 times per day on the open ended programing modules.

E

Enzo

Trolmaster stuff is OK I use it. It has limitations, I will not spring for the newest model. They do some stuff that is kind of dick. Here is an example, the newest version of the software for even the lower grade model has PPFD on the screen so you feel line you need to run there PPFD sensor. And their open architecture software will not work with that many water shots a day. I want to say their stuff max's out at 3 times per day on the open ended programing modules.
Yikes. Only 3 times a day? I used to run Toro irrigation timers that would do at least 6 and then you can do like 4 separate programs with 6 each. My $16 nearpow timer will do 20 😂 and I love these little things. My system just watered for the first time today all the way to field capacity from the overnight dryback. The shot time is currently set to 34 seconds and the 4x8 table barely collected enough water from 32 plants to fill a small cup. The runoff ec is actually .2 lower than my input.

356A2146 5411 4A14 97EE B0E77300E2FE
B4512703 A6EB 40F3 B211 1BF2930FBD65
27AD2E14 092C 4306 8292 D502178065EB
E

Enzo

This thread changed my life. I love this guy for it.
read the whole thing, it will blow your mind.

Madmax

Madmax

Glad your still around @MidwestToker i pretty much followed you on feeding and dont go over 570ppm

Top Bottom