Why not, eh

• Thread starter Wristle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wristle

Wristle

Hey, figured id say hi. Starting my first grow and just trying to learn as much as i can. Located on the west coast of canada.

Bought some feminized autos online and germinated two. Got the tap root and transplanted into some small plastic cups with all purpose promix.
Ill be doing this on my patio outside. planning on transplanting into 10 gallon fabric containers but i've also read i dont need that big of a size?.
Can definitely position the plants to get almost all day direct sun which is nice. they also have vegetable plant friends around.

Plants are just coming out of of the soil now. have a bottle thats cut in half and over top to act like a little humidity dome. ive seen other people do this, thats really the only reason im as well. also a bit cool here over night the next bit.

Picked up some all purpose Gaia Green fertilizer, think its 4-4-4. Was thinking about adding it to the soil at the recommended dose when i transplant. Have also read i could make do with some worm castings then switch over to Gaia Super Bloom around flower. I think this is the area im a little more worried about than anything else and thats feeding. well, drying and curing too but lets see if i even make it there. considering making some fresh frozen bubble hash as the drying and curing part doesnt seem doable to me right now.

No idea on strain as it was just a random mix. yes, mild regret at this decision but also exciting,

if this goes well im thinking about building a small outdoor grow cabinet experiment type thing. cant do it inside for relationship... reasons.. so outside it will be. its legal now and ive wanted to grow since i was a teen, so fuck it.

anyway, happy to be here.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Welcome!

I'm an indoor guy, actually your neighbor to the west (Don't worry, we're vacationing locally this year. We usually summer in Procter.)

Careful with the transplanting. Autos don't take it well. Best to seed into the final pot and water very carefully.

B

Burned Haze

Welcome to the forum

Just as a tip/side note . If you haven’t ever done a journal . It’s def a main attraction on here and it even helps ya through your journey ( if want The help and suggestions , it’s all voluntary )

thcf is one big family eh

Chester13

Chester13

Oh there most definitely is holes at the bottom of that cup.

Canadian born. Grew up in the Kootenays. Close to Nelson.
Nelson is my favorite place of all time. Worked at the Savoy, mikes pub. Lol good luck on the grow. Personally I hate autos, only plants I end up having aphid issues with. Hope it works out for ya. Kootenay time bro lol.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Welcome!

I'm an indoor guy, actually your neighbor to the west (Don't worry, we're vacationing locally this year. We usually summer in Procter.)

Careful with the transplanting. Autos don't take it well. Best to seed into the final pot and water very carefully.
Dislexia is strong in me come morning time. 🤣🤣🤣 Your neighbors to the west would be in Japan right?

Wristle

Wristle

Welcome!

Thanks!

Good to know. Might pop another and do that to avoid the transplanting. Looks like I'll be using smaller containers anyway so I got the room.

10 gallons seems exceptionally large for an auto.

Good to know! Will downsiZe.
Welcome to the forum

Just as a tip/side note . If you haven’t ever done a journal . It’s def a main attraction on here and it even helps ya through your journey ( if want The help and suggestions , it’s all voluntary )

thcf is one big family eh

Ah yes, the grow journals. I will make some time and start one. Thank you.
Nelson is my favorite place of all time. Worked at the Savoy, mikes pub. Lol good luck on the grow. Personally I hate autos, only plants I end up having aphid issues with. Hope it works out for ya. Kootenay time bro lol.

Right on dude. When I met my now wife I told her we're retiring in Nelson. Kootenay time is right :)

Rooke

Rooke

Thanks!

Good to know. Might pop another and do that to avoid the transplanting. Looks like I'll be using smaller containers anyway so I got the room.

Good to know! Will downsiZe.

Ah yes, the grow journals. I will make some time and start one. Thank you.

Right on dude. When I met my now wife I told her we're retiring in Nelson. Kootenay time is right :)
I thought it was Kokanee Time!

Chester13

Chester13

Oh there most definitely is holes at the bottom of that cup.

Canadian born. Grew up in the Kootenays. Close to Nelson.
Where abouts around Nelson, the valley, Kristova, Balfore, Ymir lol. Don't know how into growing you are but 2002 and on there was this strain called Hemp Star. It was the best strain still to this day, bag appeal, weight, crystal content, and strength was amazing. Did youever get to grow it or try it?. I still have a few friends there, and I moved to Kelowna. Welcome to the farm, glad your here. I wish there were more Kootenay folk on here, their growing knowledge, and experience as a whole community is by far the best in Canada

Chester13

Chester13

Dirty ? I left Alberta 5 years ago and my buddies would only drink outta the cans or kegs
Nelson brewery is far superior in taste and quality. To me kokanee is generic, Nelson brewery is also organic. Face plant, Nelson after dark fucking fantastic. Where you living now rooke

Chester13

Chester13

Dirty ? I left Alberta 5 years ago and my buddies would only drink outta the cans or kegs
You have some nice pics in your bio bro. I appreciate some of those outdoor monsters you have posted

Wristle

Wristle

Where abouts around Nelson, the valley, Kristova, Balfore, Ymir lol. Don't know how into growing you are but 2002 and on there was this strain called Hemp Star. It was the best strain still to this day, bag appeal, weight, crystal content, and strength was amazing. Did youever get to grow it or try it?. I still have a few friends there, and I moved to Kelowna. Welcome to the farm, glad your here. I wish there were more Kootenay folk on here, their growing knowledge, and experience as a whole community is by far the best in Canada

Ah, rather not get too specific :) about 30 minutes out.

Spent a lot of my high school time reading about growing pot. Mainly indoor stuff. More with the MH and HPS setups. Now it's all LED seemingly. Never had the opportunity to grow so that was my jam.

Wish I remember the old forum I used to frequent. Place was a bastion of knowledge with some great people out of Colorado. One member here named Stoney makes me wonder if he was part of that forum many years ago. Same name and avatar looks similar. Pretty sure he was a mod.

Yea I remember hemp star. Haven't heard that in over a decade. Remember Cinderella 99 and White Rhino being some amazing strains back in the day. Also the odd purple indica you'd see when people would start cropping outdoor.

Rooke

Rooke

Nelson brewery is far superior in taste and quality. To me kokanee is generic, Nelson brewery is also organic. Face plant, Nelson after dark fucking fantastic. Where you living now rooke
I’m east of Kingston about 80 km

chemistry

chemistry

Hey, figured id say hi. Starting my first grow and just trying to learn as much as i can. Located on the west coast of canada.

Bought some feminized autos online and germinated two. Got the tap root and transplanted into some small plastic cups with all purpose promix.
Ill be doing this on my patio outside. planning on transplanting into 10 gallon fabric containers but i've also read i dont need that big of a size?.
Can definitely position the plants to get almost all day direct sun which is nice. they also have vegetable plant friends around.

Plants are just coming out of of the soil now. have a bottle thats cut in half and over top to act like a little humidity dome. ive seen other people do this, thats really the only reason im as well. also a bit cool here over night the next bit.

Picked up some all purpose Gaia Green fertilizer, think its 4-4-4. Was thinking about adding it to the soil at the recommended dose when i transplant. Have also read i could make do with some worm castings then switch over to Gaia Super Bloom around flower. I think this is the area im a little more worried about than anything else and thats feeding. well, drying and curing too but lets see if i even make it there. considering making some fresh frozen bubble hash as the drying and curing part doesnt seem doable to me right now.

No idea on strain as it was just a random mix. yes, mild regret at this decision but also exciting,

if this goes well im thinking about building a small outdoor grow cabinet experiment type thing. cant do it inside for relationship... reasons.. so outside it will be. its legal now and ive wanted to grow since i was a teen, so fuck it.

anyway, happy to be here.

Welcome to Farmers, get a grow diary going, with plenty of pics, they're easier to understand when folk on here are bit stoned. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom