Why pay top dollar

• Thread starter Z-ro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Z-ro

I don't get it at all...Why are peeps going to dispensaries and getting raped on 400 dollar ounces when they could be getting them for half that from a buddy on the street, seems like a no brainer. I think its time these 'non-profits' get cut out of the situation, they are bullying growers and consumers alike and nobody has the balls to say anything. The market is flooded and disp. are not lowering the price to consumer, only the amount they will pay growers.... total BS!

If you're a grower, stand up for your self and demand a higher price because ultimately it all comes down to you, if there was no supply to sell, the dispensaries would be out of business, just remember you hold the key, not some punk kids who think they are runnin shit. If you're a consumer, tell em to drop the price or you'll go find it on the street for the price they pay.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
thats the key right there - consumers not buying the overpriced meds

E

edux10

the "street" scene gets a LOT of buds that are sub par tho too. yeah i know that there is a lot of fire out there from friends, im just saying a lot of "greenhouse" buds and other stuff that is not top top top notch is found on the streets for cheaper prices. The co ops are an outlet for the dispensary owner to demand top dollar for their weed. I never see bud of $70 an 8th on the street no matter HOW good it is, bit many clubs most of their stuff is at least 60$. also the dispensary's can make more money because they sell it in such small increments. most dont really "break down" the price even if you are buying multiple ounces.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
the "street" scene gets a LOT of buds that are sub par tho too. yeah i know that there is a lot of fire out there from friends, im just saying a lot of "greenhouse" buds and other stuff that is not top top top notch is found on the streets for cheaper prices. The co ops are an outlet for the dispensary owner to demand top dollar for their weed. I never see bud of $70 an 8th on the street no matter HOW good it is, bit many clubs most of their stuff is at least 60$. also the dispensary's can make more money because they sell it in such small increments. most dont really "break down" the price even if you are buying multiple ounces.

Alot of subpar bud is found at dispencies 2!!

Confu...

Z

Z-ro

One local spot around here was rocking 40 dollar 8s of whispy sourD outs that literally had only been bigleaf trimmed. straight nug whisperer, was pathetic...

vector

vector

I totally feel you on this subject. I went into a dispensary the other day and showed them my Bubba skywalker strain which blew every single one of their strains off the map. The bud tenders told me they wished their boss wasnt so cheap and would pay for quality meds like mine. They even asked for my contact info so they could hook up after work! This place had $70 eights!! I was only asking 4K. Thats 50% of retail, totally fair. By the way this place has a 4.7/5 on weedmaps. Give me a break. Ive been working on critical dispensary rating system that would expose how bad dispensary medicine has become the last few years. No doubt there are some good dispensaries that carry quality product for solid prices but the majority are not.

squarepusher

squarepusher

I've been robbed "off the street," and dealt with many scammers and avoided getting robbed again probably a few times just by learning. The "medical" market is actually full of shady people from my experience

Blaze

Blaze

I've been robbed "off the street," and dealt with many scammers and avoided getting robbed again probably a few times just by learning. The "medical" market is actually full of shady people from my experience

You are just as likely to be robbed or scammed by a club as you are when dealing with the black market.

vector

vector

The people that have been in the "dispensary" industry the longest are the most likely to be shady. There are exceptions of course but you had to be gangsta to open a club 5 or 6 years ago. Now those are the places with the most credibility

H

humblefish

im not following you vector. so the oldest clubs have the most credibility and are the most shady?

squarepusher

squarepusher

well I know the dispensaries are shady, but their shadyness is upfront at least. (yeah, they may be getting outdoor for 1500 packs and selling $50 1/8th), but at least I can look at what I am getting beforehand. Its fairly unlikely a gun would get pulled at your from a dispensary, or a robbery, or something that you could report to a police afterward.

That being said, if you know a reliable grower on the street, or reliable people like a friend, then yeah you can get great stuff for probably a lot cheaper (no overhead of running a physical store). Delivery services actually may be a good way to go, very little cost so they should be able to offer a low price.

That being said, people 'selling' on the streets actually have to be just as careful as those buying, as the buyer may likely be a scammer or a robber, or even an undercover looking for a sample without showing his prescription (that's one way they bust you).

So, hopefully I am a free market kind of guy, the clubs that give the best product for the best price, will suceed and prosper, the shady clubs will fail or stagnate.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah to me a dispensary just seems the easiest so im paying for convenience. nothing wrong with people making money in my book. the trick is to make people aware of bad dispensaries. and i dont mean a guy walks in has one visit and is mad cuz his 1/8th didnt come out the way he wanted or was 50 bucks instead of 33. If you go to a dispensary enough and they arent hooking you up find a new one. like Zagat does resturants soem one needs to make a rating system for dispensaries...lol.

L

LightDep530

In most dispensaries the market value from the grower is just not being reflected. They tell you " Well this was only 1k a elbow" and the jar says 45 or 50 and eighth on it! That is not good math. The mark up should be pretty good because there is legal risk in operating in a grey area but hell what other business is that. $1000 a pound is $7.81 an eighth! $62.50/oz people on here are talking about how cheap $1500 an elbow is. Well the reality now is there is plenty of $900 if you want to buy a few at a time. You folks know who you are. Good luck with that non-profit status.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Its getting bad for the growers because of the maket being flooded. Ive walk into a club had 2 flavors better than most of what they had, and been told the max we pay for anything is $3200 period, O we are non profit and help out the patients, Then watch a guy come in look a jar and they tell him $20g, LOL almost 3 times what I get. I really wish someone I knew would start a club.

E

edux10

I guess a better question would be where does all the extra money go in these non profit situations. Anyone that can do simple math can see that the dispensary's buy for 2800-3000 max and sell it for 20$a gram and $50+ and eight with no break really even if you buy an oz or 2. They act like they are hooking you up so much when they give you the slightest discount. Basically the pound they buy for under $3k sells in 8ths for $6400. double their money.

I have seen a few places actually give back and they probably arent making much of a profit and really give back with free meds, but other than that most places seem to be making something off their services.

Im sure if you go to columbia you can buy a pound of coffee for dirt cheap, but a cup at starbucks is going to be a little bit more expensive. It is the people that pay the money that decide what companies stay open and what people are willing to pay decides how much a company can see its goods for.

C

coastalgreen

As a founder of a dispensary I can tell you that there is plenty of overhead when running a shop. First of all we have to start paying taxes so from that $60 that gets charged, $5 is immediately set away to pay for sales tax and then you have to pay for rent, employees, insurance and a bunch of other things that your dealer on the street is not to concerned about.

Just wanted to shed some light from a collectives point of view.

T

TheRealBoss

I think part of the root problem here is that there is no "quality control". We must develop some kind of grading system: check for PM, Mold, Mites, THC, CBD, overall flavor and most important - how it hits ya. The full package so to speak. This would get the ego out of it. Instead of all of these people saying I've got the best or dispensaries saying i won't pay that for the highest quality - it would be right there - a baseline at least b/c everyone has different tastes and ideas of what they are looking for.

C

coastalgreen

I think part of the root problem here is that there is no "quality control". We must develop some kind of grading system: check for PM, Mold, Mites, THC, CBD, overall flavor and most important - how it hits ya. The full package so to speak. This would get the ego out of it. Instead of all of these people saying I've got the best or dispensaries saying i won't pay that for the highest quality - it would be right there - a baseline at least b/c everyone has different tastes and ideas of what they are looking for.

If prop 19 passed you can bet science would have played a bigger role in standardizing the marijuana market.

Unfortunately there are too many greedy people out there.

Trust me, if you grow bomb cannabis, prop 19 would not have affected you in a major way because its econ 101, supply and demand. If this commodity (cannabis) is suddenly available to more people, you can bet there are many people who will want only the best and also pay for it, maybe even driving the price of indoor kine bud higher due to the demand for bomb weed.

On the other hand, if you grow schwag then you will not be able to pass it off as bomb anymore because market standards will apply and your bunk weed will be used as campfire igniter.

mikeb437

mikeb437

im an outta towner and was wondering what is the best dispensary in west hollywood? looking for edibles mostly..

Latest posts

Top Bottom