• Thread starter cigarasar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cigarasar

Hello guys, i have some questions about my plants,
bloom day 30
sour diesel flowering time: 70-77 days
nutrients: ta pro organic, bat guano, banana tea, seaweed, calmag full organic.
light: 240w QB UV on 12 hours(is it a problem?)

1- Why the pistils forming like that?
2- one plant has calcium deficiency symptoms should i give additional xal-mag?
3- Are these balls herma? only one olant has them.
i today feed with water ph 6.3. Before I had been feeding heavily.
photos: https://ibb.co/album/yntPyR

Why pistils are curling up
Why pistils are curling up 2
Why pistils are curling up 3
Why pistils are curling up 4
Why pistils are curling up 5
Last edited:
BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Send more pics of the what you call pistials .
I see something i think in the blurry picture . Need better pics first and its lacking nutrietns yellowing from the bottom meaning its hungry. Might be a hermie .Pics asap

C

cigarasar

Send more pics of the what you call pistials .
I see something i think in the blurry picture . Need better pics first and its lacking nutrietns yellowing from the bottom meaning its hungry. Might be a hermie .Pics asap
This is all photos I have, use ibb.co link.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

The pistils to me look fine. It looks like you may be dealing with a slight nutrient imbalance, but I couldn't say what.

I'd check the ph and ppm of the soil and run off. If you're above 1500ppm then you may have some build up which is causing the imbalance. If the ph is outta whack it may be their just getting locked out.

The plant looks pretty decent though, I wouldn't let it stress you. You'll still most likely finish well even if you don't mess with it.

I will say that when I used bottled nutrient I was seeing plants that looked similar to yours every time, around week 3 flower. I was getting build up and lock out bc I wasn't ever getting any run off when I watered. It's important to flush out old nutrients and make run for new.

C

cigarasar

Thanks for your great answer. I have been roughly feeding them with 1.5ml/lt bloom nutrient(2-3-4 npk) my cheap ppm tool measuring 600 ppm for most feedings. I feed them with 5lt water(ph6.3) every 4 days. Could it be nutrient lock out?
The pistils to me look fine. It looks like you may be dealing with a slight nutrient imbalance, but I couldn't say what.

I'd check the ph and ppm of the soil and run off. If you're above 1500ppm then you may have some build up which is causing the imbalance. If the ph is outta whack it may be their just getting locked out.

The plant looks pretty decent though, I wouldn't let it stress you. You'll still most likely finish well even if you don't mess with it.

I will say that when I used bottled nutrient I was seeing plants that looked similar to yours every time, around week 3 flower. I was getting build up and lock out bc I wasn't ever getting any run off when I watered. It's important to flush out old nutrients and make run for new.Thabks

mancorn

mancorn

Need better photos. But a couple ideas: check that seeds aren’t forming in the bract (as yours look a little fat for this early). Not sure what you mean by pistil (see below). It’s not uncommon for the entire bract on the stem to turn brown. Not the ones making up the bud, but the ones along the stem.

IMG 1320

C

cigarasar

Need better photos. But a couple ideas: check that seeds aren’t forming in the bract (as yours look a little fat for this early). Not sure what you mean by pistil (see below). It’s not uncommon for the entire bract on the stem to turn brown. Not the ones making up the bud, but the ones along the stem.

View attachment 2119719
By I pistil I my mean my buds, sorry. Moreover, one plant has also those balls, some people said me that its female organ so don't be worry.

mancorn

mancorn

Also you’re in soil. So no need to stress about the pH and a ppm test (like a pour through) is really only relevant to track changes, not as a guide to know how much ferts are in the soil. (organic ferts can’t be measured at all.)

C

cigarasar

Also you’re in soil. So no need to stress about the pH and a ppm test (like a pour through) is really only relevant to track changes, not as a guide to know how much ferts are in the soil. (organic ferts can’t be measured at all.)
thank you, last time i watered them without feed. How should i water them next time? with NPK nutrient or only additional molasses maybe. I also have lactic acid bacteria.

mancorn

mancorn

By I pistil I my mean my buds, sorry. Moreover, one plant has also those balls, some people said me that its female organ so don't be worry.
The seeds form in the bract. So just give them a squeeze. If there’s a seed forming you’ll feel a little ball.

Sounds like some of the sugar leaves (little ones within the bud) are twisty? Still not sure what the problem is?

C

cigarasar

By pistils i mean, the photo below buds has pistils like spear. Why mines forming eith curling, swirling?

Images 3
C

cigarasar

The seeds form in the bract. So just give them a squeeze. If there’s a seed forming you’ll feel a little ball.

Sounds like some of the sugar leaves (little ones within the bud) are twisty? Still not sure what the problem is?
i dont know about twisting buds but, fan leafes have really pink/purple veins and stems. Do you know why it happens?

I

imgrowing

pistils turning brown early means either dying plants or worse, pollinated in my understanding anyways.
and if you have balls now i'd turf them.
wait until someone else better chimes in though.
sorry i've read so much on here today i got confused and thought you said brown pistils.
ignore me

C

cigarasar

pistils turning brown early means either dying plants or worse, pollinated in my understanding anyways.
and if you have balls now i'd turf them.
wait until someone else better chimes in though.
What should i do then. I couldn't understand you well

mancorn

mancorn

By pistils i mean, the photo below buds has pistils like spear. Why mines forming eith curling, swirling?
The hairs are called stigmas, and will start out white and then dry up and turn red/brown. So it’s normal for them to change shape and be dried up and curly by the time you harvest.

mancorn

mancorn

You need a better understanding on your feed. Organic ferts work totally different than synthetic (bottled). Mainly in that they need microorganisms to intake the nutrient and make it available to the plant. You can have all the nutrients in the world, but if you don’t have a “living” soil there is no way for the plant to access the nutrients. So if you’re having problems, you need to give a lot more info. There’s a checklist available on the site (I don’t have it) so hopefully someone can post it, so we can help you out.

mancorn

mancorn

If the balls have seeds, is it no problem? What if pollens?
If your bracts (these are the tear shaped “balls”) have seeds then yes it’s a problem. You suggested that perhaps your plant Hermaphroditism (hermies) which is when male structures form on a plant and release pollen and cause your sinsemilla (female Cannabis plant that has not been pollinated) to become not sinsemilla and total trash. Do a image search on hermie and see if you have any similar structures on your plant.

Top Bottom