why planters?

• Thread starter Buddy Hemphill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Hemphill

first pic is less than half of one root mass. I really dont know how far the roots were going.

Why planters
Why planters 2
Why planters 3
tdibear

tdibear

I use very similar beds that you have posted...Do you use cannazyme to help break down root mass before you remove roots after harvest? Also if you do reuse your soil medium, how many rounds do you use it before replacing? Thanks!!!

B

Buddy Hemphill

I'm a hygrozyme type-o-guy...lol...

I would have turned this soil and hit it with hygrozyme or tea. Instead I am moving to an UC system. I made the comment that I think I could have gone 2 or 3 more rounds in it.

This was the first full round in the planters. I am on this crazy ob/comp deal with roots these days. I wanna grow some of those big azz root balls under some trees.

If (or when, if I fug it up) I return to soil I would only do planters.

There is NO way a pot can hold roots the size of planters.

Root size=plant size.

What I would change would be to run (4) per 1k as opposed to (9) per 1k

Veg them under (2) 1k bulbs in 5" square pots until they are rootbound, then 30 days veg in the planters.

FWIW, these tables were going thru 55 gallons every three days in week 6. Lovin life.

To answer you , I dont know how mant rounds I would have gotten, but it would have been more economical than throwing away the soil.

I had 13 bags of 707 and 4 big bags of #4 chunky perlite per 16x4.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
great indoor planter design - taking the uc plunge eh?

B

Buddy Hemphill

Thanks ML...

Yeah, I am burning the oil putting PVC together as we speak.

I'm not too cool for school....its a scary jump for me. But, hey, you cant hit a homerun if you dont swing!

I had the wiggle board tables on casters on a slight pitch (for catchting drain into a pan). When I was running pots.

Putting the 2x12's on the top of the tables just made sense for me. I stapled hardware cloth to the bottom of the 2x12 frame. And then lined them with the good weed cloth from Home D.

One neat plus is drainage and air flow under the planters. The wiggle board was CLEAN when I broke them down. I had drainage and AIR flow under the hardware cloth thru the corrugations of the wiggle board. The hardware cloth supports the dirt and keeps the weed cloth from sagging at all.

I hit them with a heavy dose of DE and used MicrobeLift thru the entire run. I use neem and organicide mixed together for mite prevention. When I start seeing flowers I stop spraying the plants. I still spray the bottoms of the tables, floors, and about 2 feet up the walls. I then go outside and spray for 20-30 feet around the house , also. This was an AMAZINGLY bug free run. I think the weekly fog AROUND the house helps tons.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
weekly fog around the house is a top notch idea for sure

good luck with your UC setup man - what nutes you gonna run>?

Blaze

Blaze

Cool to see the beds rock inside as well as outside. Impressive root mass ya got there, those must have been some healthy plants.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Edward scissorhands will know just HOW healthy soon!.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom