why the discoloration? is it deficiency?

• Thread starter emma.dir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

emma.dir

hey guys, I have two plants going. This is my newer plant based on the coloring of the leaves does it look deficient in something? I've given it veg food and Calmag so I'm not sure what's going on. The leaves of my other plant are very dark green with no discoloration like this one has.
see the yellow on the inside of leaves

Why the discoloration is it deficiency
Why the discoloration is it deficiency 2
Why the discoloration is it deficiency 3
Why the discoloration is it deficiency 4
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

hey guys, I have two plants going. This is my newer plant based on the coloring of the leaves does it look deficient in something? I've given it veg food and Calmag so I'm not sure what's going on. The leaves of my other plant are very dark green with no discoloration like this one has.
see the yellow on the inside of leaves
Are you checking runoff ph and Ec

If not there might be alot of fertiliser buliding up in the soil that the plant cant drink
1:your leaves looks a bit droopy too this could be a good indicator
2: your tips at the top of your plant is burned the plant is sending excess nutrients to its furthest to get rid of them

If this is your issue i would run pure water through your pot until your runoff comes out at the desiered EC

E

emma.dir

Are you checking runoff ph and Ec

If not there might be alot of fertiliser buliding up in the soil that the plant cant drink
1:your leaves looks a bit droopy too this could be a good indicator
2: your tips at the top of your plant is burned the plant is sending excess nutrients to its furthest to get rid of them

If this is your issue i would run pure water through your pot until your runoff comes out at the desiered EC
Hi what is the desired EC? i have never checked the ph or ec of runoff. should the ph be the same as the water i water with? I don't even always water until runoff. should i always water until runoff? also how often do you water on average?

E

Eclipted

If you want to add some gentle magnesium I’d throw like a teaspoon of epsom salts in your soil and water them in. I also agree with a magnesium issue. How often are you giving it cal mag? And how often are you feeding. Also what soil are you in?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
so would you recommend i add straight magnesium instead of calmag to fix this?
Yes.

If you want to add some gentle magnesium I’d throw like a teaspoon of epsom salts in your soil and water them in. I also agree with a magnesium issue. How often are you giving it cal mag? And how often are you feeding. Also what soil are you in?
Yes. It also can be mixed with water and watered in.

The usual dose is 1 tablespoon per gallon of water. A teaspoon might be a good start, though, because CalMag has already been used.

Top Bottom