Why we fight?

• Thread starter DR. nick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DR. nick

Ever wonder we we fight? Why is the US constantly at some kind of war? Dwight D. Eisenhower warned us of the dangers of the "military industrial complex" created for the second world war. Since then as most for profit corporations strive for it has grown, has it grown out of control? decide for yourself or ask a US soldier about their experiences in Iraq and companies like bectel but to understand this in a historical context watch...

Why We Fight?

[GVIDEO]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9219858826421983682&ei=KdeHSbvfJ5LW-gHy6fj8Cg&q=why+we+fight&hl=en[/GVIDEO]

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I need to go to bed guys so please don't let any fights start over these kind of threads .

Greyskull

Greyskull

The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive
So it is, so it's always been ...

[YOUTUBE]yQRS1Ryh9HU[/YOUTUBE]

D

DR. nick

haha zoolander... no fighting here just throwing up some media to help people inform themselves if they so wish. Its very interesting stuff though, imo, as it puts many global issues in a historical context. Its also entertaining imo. Too often have I been in a puff down when all kindsa outlandish ideas and theories have been put foreward not to knock the ideas as they have often been very creative and intuitive, but I beleive that this media helps to put such ideas into a more informed and historically accurate context. It also makes those "whats wrong with the system...", or "the real reason we are in Iraq..." types of conversations much less esoteric when you can introduce others to a common piece of media, such as this. I believe with an informed population it would be much harder for things like a War in Iraq to happen. When at that time the troops were needed in Tora Bora where Bin Laden was cornered, So why let Bin laden and al qaeda (I know thats mispelled!) escape? Well look at what happened to the Knights Templar when the Crusades ended.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I know DR but I've seen these kind of threads just make people find a reason but not worries

U

USMCtanker

thanks for shareing ill haft to pack a bowl get some munchies and watch these. im a disable combat vet so im very interested, ill post what i think after i watch it.

D

DR. nick

hey there usmc my grandpaps was a marine in ww2 hes even got a statue of him in the southpacific somewhere to my families disbelief! Thank you for your service and duty.

Many french people I have met cannot grasp why American citizens join the military these days in the first place. Im not knocking french people btw my partner is French! Anyway the US lacks many of the social safety nets of countries like france and to earn a secure place in society is much more difficult in the US than most other developed first world countries. In addition our 10 year propaganda campaign called history class and our limited media coverage lacking context of global events. All of a sudden joining the military which provides an avenue of upward mobility and financing and makes sense whithin this context which is why many new recruits come from the lower classes economically speaking. People will do what they believe they need to do and know to do to survive. I believe people generally want to do what they perceive as good and to be accepted.

S

Sativaindica

Every major, and the majority of minor, conflicts is as a result of America's ongoing resource war, to further fuel the economy as mentioned in your other thread. Yes, the military industrial complex is given money its should not have, regardless, much like any consumerist product, production is driven by supply.

As long as there is a valuable resource, there will be people fighting for it.

D

DR. nick

dont take his word for it, I suggest you watch the flick and decide your own opinions :)

Top Bottom