WICKED deal on 600hps set-up

• Thread starter smokestack23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokestack23

Hey all,
This probably isn't allowed and hopefully it doesn't get me booted. If this thread gets yanked I completely understand.

BUT

I just CAN'T keep this deal to myself. I know that sounds like a pitch to sell units but I PROMISE, I am NOT affiliated with this seller in ANY way. I have bought some cheap bulbs from them but no ballasts.

I wanna share this with any Canadians, especially pateints who like me, are getting shafted by insurance companies and governments and so can't afford to buy Quantam or AN BADASS rigs. I say with Canadians cause it's free shipping for us. I don't know about to the USA.

I can vouch for this seller's decent shipping time and the cheap bulbs I got are working just fine. I can also say that I have bought all my digi lights and ballasts new on ebay. All Chinese and inexpensive. About a month ago I had 2 bulbs go south on me on the same day. One was a 600 on one of the chinese digis and the other was a 1K on a mag ballast. That's why I bought bulbs from this seller.

So here's the link to a 600 HPS bulb, mogul and cord, power cable and switchable ballast. No shield no cooltube. Less than 140 bucks canadian shipped. Good for a bare vert hang.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=ADME:B:WNASIF:CA:1123#ht_2929wt_807

Again, hopefully this doesnt get me in too much shit and I hope at least a few of you get to score before this thread is understandably shut down.
Sorry mods. Please go easy on me.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Came across digi galaxy master blaster 1500 and bulb for 349.00, any thoughts?

S

smokestack23

I've never tried a 1500. For what I'm doing I think that would be too much concentration in one place. I've even been trying to head more toward 600s in place of 1000s. You get the same lumens per watt as a 1000 from a 600 but you can surround your plants better with 600s and have em closer and less heat and less consumption...
I'm not dissing 1000s. Hard to argue with thousand watters can do. Just not for me right now with smaller rooms ya know?
I don't know what the lumens per watt ratio looks like on a 1500watter. Do they make a dual arc bulb for a 1500? Like a 1000hps and 400mh? That would probably be pretty cool..especially on a mover. ..or like a hundred of em in a warehouse.

That price for the 1500 sounds pretty decent if it's a good brand. Sounds like the price that most people pay for a 1000 set-up.

I've been buying my "kits" for under $200 shipped for the 1000 and 600s. They come with a cooltube, reflector, yo-yos, timer, hps and mh bulb and ballast and cables. I'm very happy with that. Even IF they don't last for years and years. Heck, I like to switch bulbs after a couple of runs anyway..whether they're normal bulbs on digi ballasts or normal bulbs on magcoil ballasts. I won't even freak out if the odd ballast goes south here and there. Even the good ones do that once in a while. I have spare ballasts and bulbs. I keep my eyes open and try to win em when they're real cheap. You can be real selective and after not too long you find you have a back-up or two. AND, when each unit comes with 2 bulbs...

That day I lost 2 HPSs I had to run a halide for a week or so. When I ordered bulbs from dude I linked to in the op, I ordered a few 600 AND 1000s in super HPS. They were CHEAP. Now I shouldn't have to buy any bulbs or ballasts for quite a while no matter WHAT happens....but...I probably will. I just can't seem to control myself when I see one that's about to go for REAL cheap.

HELLO, My name is Smokestack and I have a problem.

In the music community we call it GAS. Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
HELP!!!!!!!

C

caperfarmer902

i got me a 400watt digital ballast, 400watt MH / HPS the 6'' cooltube reflector XL, along with 2 light yoyos to hang it and a grounded timer for the light cycles right to my door for 180, only payed 130 for the whole light setup on ebay

S

smokestack23

sounds like it's from the same seller I get a lot of my stuff from. Are they on the west coast? Is it LUMA brand?

C

caperfarmer902

you got it, powerkingshop, its a luma 400, awesome light, awesome service, wicket fast shipping all around great guys and shop

Top Bottom