B

bigkuz68

anyone seen this before?

Wierd bud tip

Wierd bud tip 2

Wierd bud tip 3

S

SweetIslandFunk

It could be that its too hot. Can't really tell tho try taking the flash off of the camera before the picture, its probably exaggerating the white effect.

S

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
its not the heat its light bleaching from to much light mate . some strains are sensitive also lower ph a bit helps . if you cant raise the lights turn one off for a few hours and so on ., i get this with agent orange and jtr both big buds but dont need as much light as other strains i run,

the plant can not produce chlorofil and reflect the light i think ,

the green will come back once the light is raised

E

edux10

i have seen this before. it is NOT lite bleaching. I dont know the exact term for it but it is basically albino. that is a really small spot but i have seen whole buds. i know it is not light bleach, i have seen that before and the bleach messes with the leaves a lot. this is mostly in the nugs

B

bigkuz68

thats as close as i can get it, and without the flash it wont focus that close. looked like a high concentration of resin glands just in a few little spots

DSC00561 1 1

rawman

rawman

when nearer to the end of the flower if it stays white, variegation...

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

its the unicorn nugget!!! smoke that shit white bro who fuckin knows what will happen, I think it possibly will be really cool.

B

bigkuz68

when nearer to the end of the flower if it stays white, variegation...

thanks rawman, i had to look that one up, sounds like it could be the blister variegation. by zooming in instead of holding the camera right to it, wasnt so bright from the flash. the plant did get somewhat burnt on the leaf tips, but i assumed that was overfertilised, and its brown not white.

DSC00588 1 1

D

Dubwobble

It would be cool if that is a trait you can breed true... imagine all white tipped buds.

Some of the Ed Rosenthal Super Bud kinda does that a bit too.

E

edux10

its not just the tips, i have seen pix where it is like half the cola. never seen one 100% white tho..

G

greyfx

It is most definitely light bleaching but I think it also has something to do with heat like hot spots because I've always noticed that if your using sealed hoods than you really don't have the problem as much. Killing fields has bleached barely on one tip before and I had an agent orange bleach on one tip and if you raise the light quickly it will fix itself.

G

Galderan

It's called White tipping and that section of flower that's white is really high in THC and has a completely different terpene profile. At least mine did and once I learned what it was I decided I was going to grow white tipped cannabis. I'm getting white tips really early now and they smell so damn good. There are cannabis connoisseurs that pay a premium for this kind of bud. It is not heat stress, it's not light burn, it's not anything related to an injury to the plant. I think I've got it figured out but I need to grow more plants and see if I can get the next crop to White tip. It is related to the lighting but that's as much as I'm going to say about it right now. Once I get it down to where I can reliably white tip a plant on demand then maybe I will publish my method. It's a good thing so don't freak out about it.

IMG 20221019 1410269992
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's called White tipping and that section of flower that's white is really high in THC and has a completely different terpene profile. At least mine did and once I learned what it was I decided I was going to grow white tipped cannabis. I'm getting white tips really early now and they smell so damn good. There are cannabis connoisseurs that pay a premium for this kind of bud. It is not heat stress, it's not light burn, it's not anything related to an injury to the plant. I think I've got it figured out but I need to grow more plants and see if I can get the next crop to White tip. It is related to the lighting but that's as much as I'm going to say about it right now. Once I get it down to where I can reliably white tip a plant on demand then maybe I will publish my method. It's a good thing so don't freak out about it.
You see this happen only under intense blurple lacking green spectrum as far as i can take my best guess and yes it will test high as you say

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ah who am i kidding i know in right… seen growers have this happen a few times and every single one has been under blurples… add to that studies that show green light can inhibit thc and all of the white buds always testing high and 1+1=2.

i had discussions on this with a few ppl before @Moe.Red this will interest you

Homesteader

Homesteader

High intensity lights without CO2 will do that. IT is certainly not a trait or a true albinoism but it effects certain strains more. GG4 would do this if pushed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom