Wierd Twisting And Wierd Yellow Dust

• Thread starter HugzAndNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HugzAndNuggz

can anyone tell me whats wrong with this plant.. it seems to be the only one doing this so not for sure if it is something that has been there and just now coming out. its mostly on tops of the plant its not that big maybe about 8 inches or so.. sunset sherbet it was a cutting friend gave me off his plant i rooted it and potted it been about a month since i got it it looked clean when i got it so assuming its something wrong or i got something strange
coco coir drain to waste
environment temps set about 74-78 humidity sets about 45-50% never under or over usually
food is jacks hydro/cal nitrate/epsom ph that i have been giving has been floating on the 5..6-5.8 mark

Wierd twisting and wierd yellow dust
Wierd twisting and wierd yellow dust 2
Wierd twisting and wierd yellow dust 3
Wierd twisting and wierd yellow dust 4
Wierd twisting and wierd yellow dust 5
Wierd twisting and wierd yellow dust 6
Wierd twisting and wierd yellow dust 7
Wierd twisting and wierd yellow dust 8
H

HugzAndNuggz

sucks.. thanks.. hopefully i can knock them out its just in veg.. since its on this plant i assume there everywhere else in veg since there all in the same tray.. that strain is fire.. shitty

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
sucks.. thanks.. hopefully i can knock them out its just in veg.. since its on this plant i assume there everywhere else in veg since there all in the same tray.. that strain is fire.. shitty
Remove everything from your grow area and clean it like you are going to sell it on ebay. After you clean it, clean it again with shop vac and duster. After completely clean use peracetic acid to spray all the hard non bleachable surfaces to kill any stray crawlers looking to spread out the colony. Wear gloves and try not to breathe the fumes of the vinegar and peroxide when spraying. WARNING: Will bleach clothes hair skin and most fabrics. DO NOT MIX THE TWO LIQUIDS!
Here is a link on how to clean with vinegar and peroxide, it will kill any living organism
http://cleaningbusinesstoday.com/blog/hydrogen-peroxide-vinegar-a-disinfecting-duo

H

HugzAndNuggz

so i have read through a lot of these forums on russet mites and there so many mixed reviews on what works for them and not for them bud did for me and not for him..
you see a lot of the same things though people are using
spinosad products from .5%-12% some good results some bad results
neem oil products some good some bad.. (for me neem only seems to work as a preventative over a killer)
azatrol/azamax (ive had same results on other bugs as neem works good as a preventative)
green cleaner (no experience)

has anyone tried products with imidcliprorid like promis or bayer fruit and citrus
or how about minx (avtive ingredient abamectin at 2%)

ive made a recent purchase of some new lights so im change my veg and flower over so ill be down for a little bit to change the flower over.. so what im gonna do is cut clones of everything so all i have is babies to deal with throw all my old stuff out and hopefully be able to start clean..

so in a short is there any chemical weapon i could use on the russet mites that will kill them
it will probably be about 12-16 weeks after shut down before i ever see a crop out of flower
so it should be plenty of time to ween anything out of its system

H

HugzAndNuggz

would met 52 actually be worth it? i can get a 1 qt for 131$.. but as from my understanding it has a super low shelf life like 10 months or so and one you open it it gets even shorter i dunno if i would be able to use a quart of that in time of expiration..
could i use the granular and make a spray with it? 2.2 lb bag i can get for about 90$ shelf life is a year.. i mean i could slowly just add a little in each pot as a ipm that way. but if theres no way to make a spray with it it would not really benefit me i dont believe

Icristal

Icristal

I have had russet mites twice, one of those times in veg and the second time in both flower and veg at the same time. I destroyed everything and cleaned the rooms hard several times. I went beyond super cleaning after the second time and so far so good. It was the only way to get rid of them,,plus they love humid rooms.

Good Luck

H

HugzAndNuggz

i chopped it all down.. letting flower finish up about 4 weeks and ill do a clean sweep bleach and start over..
all the reading alot of people that have had them end up still having them later date even after not seeing any they end up coming back in a continuous cycle grow.. so i see the hardest and easiest thing to do was chop chop :(
the hunt begins again

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
i chopped it all down.. letting flower finish up about 4 weeks and ill do a clean sweep bleach and start over..
all the reading alot of people that have had them end up still having them later date even after not seeing any they end up coming back in a continuous cycle grow.. so i see the hardest and easiest thing to do was chop chop :(
the hunt begins again
Sorry to hear about that man. You made the right decision. In the end setbacks like this is what makes you a better grower. Best of luck. peace

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
the hunt begins again
Sorry man, IMO you did the right thing. Anyway it's what I did when I discovered my infestation, rather than resort to any nasty chemical application.

Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

You indeed did do the correct thing. You'll never beat mites with grows going. Many have tried many have failed. Take it as a learning experience. Anyone who has grown for a long period of time has had to rip and start again. Part of earning your wings stripes colors whatever.

Top Bottom