WiFi coco drip 10.4kw

• Thread starter sealed138
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BCrocker

BCrocker

Good info here! Nice stuff Sealed! My room is half UC and half Coco on drip. I am loving the coco. Just finished my first, complete, round on coco and got 14# and shake from 7600 watts on the Bubba.

Couple Q's

When do you start and stop using the epsom salts?

What mix are those beds? Perlite/Coco

When do you start the moab/hammerhead?

Thanks!

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Good info here! Nice stuff Sealed! My room is half UC and half Coco on drip. I am loving the coco. Just finished my first, complete, round on coco and got 14# and shake from 7600 watts on the Bubba.

Couple Q's

When do you start and stop using the epsom salts?

What mix are those beds? Perlite/Coco

When do you start the moab/hammerhead?

Thanks!

I start in second week of veg and stop Epsom salt week when I begin Moab.

I'd say the beds are 70/30 coco/perlite

I start hammerhead week 2 of flower and use Moab last 2 weeks before flush

Hope that helps

BCrocker

BCrocker

I start in second week of veg and stop Epsom salt week when I begin Moab.

I'd say the beds are 70/30 coco/perlite

I start hammerhead week 2 of flower and use Moab last 2 weeks before flush

Hope that helps

Yep, answers it all. :) I'm going to give the hammer/moab combo a go this time... I ran Canna Boost and it worked great... but I think I paid $500 for a 4 liter jug... which is outrageous. I also just got some whitefire seeds from OGR as well :) Looking forward to more pics of your round!

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Yep, answers it all. :) I'm going to give the hammer/moab combo a go this time... I ran Canna Boost and it worked great... but I think I paid $500 for a 4 liter jug... which is outrageous. I also just got some whitefire seeds from OGR as well :) Looking forward to more pics of your round!

i highly recommend the hh/moab.
things got huge last run.

G

Grasshopping

i highly recommend the hh/moab.
things got huge last run.
Lately I have been contemplating trying HH/MOAB... I am currently running the following, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it right. What are your thoughts on this Nute line?
Heavy 16 - Both for Veg and Flower.
Calmag
Silica
Cannazym
Roots Excel
Big Bud and Overdrive
Liquid Karma
Heavy 16 Prime Enhancer
Great White
Budswel
PurpleMaxx
Final Phase

My next question is, when you were going with the 5g bags, what was your feed schedule like for Veg and Flower, as far as how often your waterings were and for how long. Just trying to compare as I am running a nearly identical setup for 8k over 4 4x8 trays! Looking good man!

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I run a big pump and manifold which runs for 2-3 mins/ day.
I use around 30 gallons/ day DTW when in full swing

G

Grasshopping

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
so I've been kinda neglecting this thread but things are looking great in the garden. Ill take some pics later tonight if i get the time. Im in the middle of week three, and the coco beds seem to require less watering at this point. making 50 gallons of tea to give them tonight. All four phenos seem to be pretty solid so far. two short and two stretchy. everything has been trellised and is ready for the second layer.

cheebnchonk

cheebnchonk

Lovin' the double decker trelis. Do you use anything to weigh it down?

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
just big colas. they usually do the trick!

bluejay092

bluejay092

Hey Sealed thanks for the thread this looks great. I am fairly new to gardening and wanted to make the switch from peat moss to coco. Even more so when i see great set ups such as yours.

My questions are...

Did you make those beds yourself? Are they simply pvc pipes with breathable fabric (available at home depot) and and below them are large trays?

In your opinion is drainage necessary? Can a coco bed perform well without drains. Currently have a soil less bed with no drains and it does fine but i am interested in changing from peat moss to coco due to environmental concerns and potential performance benefits.

And my final question is do you re use your coco and if so do you just sift it and then flush it and how often can it be used?

Thanks,

Interesting epsom cycle too btw. I also use epsom salts however was instructed to use in weeks 1, 4, and 6 flower phase. However I have slowed down as I kind of felt as though maybe it was not really doing anything but making my bed more salty. Might need to try your usage because your g/c colas like twice as big.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Hey Sealed thanks for the thread this looks great. I am fairly new to gardening and wanted to make the switch from peat moss to coco. Even more so when i see great set ups such as yours.

My questions are...

Did you make those beds yourself? Are they simply pvc pipes with breathable fabric (available at home depot) and and below them are large trays?

In your opinion is drainage necessary? Can a coco bed perform well without drains. Currently have a soil less bed with no drains and it does fine but i am interested in changing from peat moss to coco due to environmental concerns and potential performance benefits.

And my final question is do you re use your coco and if so do you just sift it and then flush it and how often can it be used?

Thanks,

Interesting epsom cycle too btw. I also use epsom salts however was instructed to use in weeks 1, 4, and 6 flower phase. However I have slowed down as I kind of felt as though maybe it was not really doing anything but making my bed more salty. Might need to try your usage because your g/c colas like twice as big.

sup bluejay, thanks for droppin through.

the beds are geo planters that i got from a grow shop. they come with the pvc pre cut and will make them custom sizes for whatever application you need.

I think drainage is a big advantage so you can flush them properly at the end. I like to get a little runoff each time i feed also.

I am reusing my coco. this will be my third run with it. this time im just flushing it well, and feeding hygrozyme. I dont even plan on turning it. I believe i have some good life working under the coco and dont want to disturb it so i just pull out rootballs and call it good.

E

el boyo

hey bro..
you ever try putting air hoses under your coco beds??

kushjunkie

kushjunkie

looks awesome!!

Sealed, I assume your room is sealed? What temp/humidity/CO2 levels do you shoot for?

slumdog80

slumdog80

Hey Sealed, How are you liking the geoplanters? I just ordered a few of the 4x8's and plan on building tables
out of Corrugated Steel Roof Panel. I plan on sloping the tables by 2-3" for drain off. Do think the geoplanters
will allow the run off to escape if built this way? Thanks for any feedback.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Hey Sealed, How are you liking the geoplanters? I just ordered a few of the 4x8's and plan on building tables
out of Corrugated Steel Roof Panel. I plan on sloping the tables by 2-3" for drain off. Do think the geoplanters
will allow the run off to escape if built this way? Thanks for any feedback.

That sounds like it should work fine. I didn't have great luck with them, but in all fairness I had problems with hemp russet mites during that run. I'm thinking about trying them again. Try looking at jackmayoffer's thread. He killed it in those beds.

DRONER

DRONER

thanks for the great post Sealed grow looks great!!getting excited im just setting up for my first coco run personal grow, doing only green crack i was planning to do them in 2.5-3gal buckets, 1 - 2 week veg, not sure the pots will be big enough but my local garden supply stores telling me its plenty for my dimensiions and plans ... dont wanna give too many details on the post cause of regulations where i live. but maybe i can inbox you i had a couple of questions maybe you could help me out with.
cheers
DR

Latest posts

Top Bottom