wifi

• Thread starter ncmaineac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

ncmaineac

just harvested a portion of a wifi plant (65 days) and went through one of the buds and found a seed...i had some lemon berry growing long side them (soil) and they had a few seeds in them as well....the thing is they are all fem seeds....

did i possibly over stress them to cause this and could the seed be any good.???

thanks for the help

ncm

S

stormannorm

i wouldnt worry about it my ssh done this and the seeds worked fine for me

N

ncmaineac

wifi seeds

will the seed be a fem seed as the plant was from a fem seed...probably not...i will give her a try to see....

cant believe i 0nly had one replay...80 lookers and 1 reply..

can anyone else please let me know their thoughts...

thanks

ncm

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hhaha I love watching the views and then seeing how like 1 in 100 will actually post. Its all about pictures to get their attention.

With fem plants there is always a risk of causing nanners to pop up. They will produce pollen just like a male plant will, got keep an eye out because sometimes when a plant gets one nanner, it gets many! You will end up with seeds in your whole crop, and less than appealing looking buds in the places u got them. Sounds like you got lucky and probably only had a single nanner pollinate what it could in the area. Watch out, stressing the feminized plants, especially in heavy flowering, can/will cause this and could have been a lot worse. I dunno if the seeds will be fem or not, but I would think it will be, you have no male genetics in your garden as you said, so unless pollen snuck in through a crack in your room from someone else's garden you are probably looking at some nice (semi-unstable) homemade crosses! I hope this helps and would love someone who is more experienced than me to correct anything I guessed wrong about.

-Meeks

OGONLY

OGONLY

No they will not be guaranteed females. They could be male or famale.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

I would not use those beans you got bro

Chances are the Hermie trait will pop up again

Alot of lurkers on this site, lol Im surprised it wasnt pointed out

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
glad some people who know more than me were able to help out, lol. Discount everything I said and listen to OGonly and dr.CGT.

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

sounds like they got stressed most likely a selfed seed usualy a fem if im not mistaken..diesel strains are notorius for this .those are the ones in my garden ive had experience with .any plant will do it. even if no stress natural way of keeping themselves going in the wild.ive flowered some out and 9-10 times it is very close to the genetics it came off of .but yes it will continue self seed (hermie trait) if thats what you call it.
DGD

E

Elite Nugs

Look for little pollen sacks in the buds or the bottom of the plants. If stress caused the pollen to drop... then the seed will be a fem seed and might be okay to give a shot at planting.

If the plant didnt undergo any stress and dropped pollen... then I wouldnt mess with the seed because the chances of the seed producing a hermaphrodite plant is pretty likely.

Some plants take only a little stress to drop pollen, while others can take a real good beating and still not drop pollen.

I would plant it to see what comes from it, but thats just me. You never know... You might have a nice WiFi x Lemon Berry seed on your hands. Worse case scenario.... you grow a hermie..... Best case.... you grow some fruity tasting fire...

N

ncmaineac

seeds

well thanks for all the info from all you good folks...i have been using some of my own genetics for about 15 years until about 4 years ago....and i believe what i had been using all that time was so stable that i didnt have to think about what i was doing...

with these new strains coming out i believe the better genetics c ome with a price and thats things like this happening...seeds where they shouldnt be...not a big deal though cause the herb is awesome...wifi....og raskal brand...

thanks for the help...

ncm

E

Elite Nugs

well thanks for all the info from all you good folks...i have been using some of my own genetics for about 15 years until about 4 years ago....and i believe what i had been using all that time was so stable that i didnt have to think about what i was doing...

with these new strains coming out i believe the better genetics c ome with a price and thats things like this happening...seeds where they shouldnt be...not a big deal though cause the herb is awesome...wifi....og raskal brand...

thanks for the help...

ncm

Any time you grow feminized seeds, there's always going to be the risk of getting a hermie.

Top Bottom