Wild cannabis uk ?

• Thread starter Rennoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rennoc

Hi guys I'm new here and haven't figured out how to find the search function yet so if this has been asked already I apologise.

My question is does cannabis grow wild in the uk ( not at outdoor grow) I'm talking specifically about self sustaining populations, I've heard about it growing wild in " tipi valley" in Wales however there's hardly any reference to them on the web and zero pictures available, can anyone confirm If this is true ?

Also if not can a self sustaining population be started in the uk ?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

DarkSpark

DarkSpark

Yes, cannabis is a weed but by that logic it would have an unlimited range. which it does not. It grows wild in the himalayas where its native, but not further south. so obviously climate is a big factor. I doubt it would do well in the uk.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yes, cannabis is a weed but by that logic it would have an unlimited range. which it does not. It grows wild in the himalayas where its native, but not further south. so obviously climate is a big factor. I doubt it would do well in the uk.

Grows on the equator line....grows in the wild in alaska...

its a very hardy plant

H

happy b

I tried growing outdoors in scotland and although they didnt die right away,neither did they thrive.i put two passion#1 females and two early skunks outdoors about 8 years ago and they vegged but grew very slowly and they only managed to flower for about four weeks before they petered out coz of the rain and cold.but i had done this with minimum effort and wasnt really done right.i beleive ther are good years that could get a good grow in the west of scotland but theyr few and far between.i know weed can grow in the south of england were the summers a few degrees warmer and the weather holds for a few weeks longer giving cannabis a good decent enviroment.iv also saw pics of cheese grows done outside in wales,though i doubt it would be able to survive in the wild for long without human intervention but thats only my opinion.so yes you can grow in the south of the uk with a bit of knowledge and skill.

william76

william76

They just found 27g,s worth in fife,central scotland,police said it was thriving and obviously looked after and close to being ready,it was smelt by passers-by and that's how they found it,no leads so far,i know there's a stain called scottish,that finishes here to,and it is possible here with quick strains,76​

H

happy b

Never heard that one76.this year wouldv been a good year here as the weather held out for the first time in years.although i wouldnt be suprised if the 27grams worth was probably on about 15 plantz or something.

william76

william76

Never heard that one76.this year wouldv been a good year here as the weather held out for the first time in years.although i wouldnt be suprised if the 27grams worth was probably on about 15 plantz or something.
Don't know,but 27 grand is a lot,thats the police estimate,know how reliable that is!,lol,76

UK420Show

UK420Show

In short yes. In depth it would be very hard to find. You cant say no because. the UK is the largest producer of medical cannabis in the world...... Let that sink in now in contrary to this it is actually highly likely there are wild strains of cannabis dotted all over the uk what we know about plants and how they spread its very indiscriminate birds mainly help distribute seeds i can guarentee you there are wild strains of cannabis in the uk its just finding them. Its something that you have never heard of a landrace strain from the UK the only well known strain we are known for is cheese.

Latest posts

Top Bottom