Wild Thai fimming technique going wrong

• Thread starter BlueberryNewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Hi, I am experimenting fimming for the first time and it did not go exactly as i hoped, I was expecting 4 main branches to grow but it continues to grow vertically... I have another plant which is almost ready to go into bloom so I would top the Thai to not increase the time in the vegetative stage, I'm not sure where to cut, or if cutting too low will kill the plant...

Wild thai fimming technique going wrong
Wild thai fimming technique going wrong 2
Wild thai fimming technique going wrong 3
Wild thai fimming technique going wrong 4
Wild thai fimming technique going wrong 5
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
FIMM (Fuc I missed missing)
Terrible method. Until it’s not. 😂

30roll

30roll

I FIM'ed my 7 plants each 2 times.. That 4 branch thing is bullshit.. It just slows the main stem so the lower branches can catch up. And then the Main keeps growing..
Works great.

I also topped 1 plant all over and it made it so spindley that I ended up chopping a bunch of lower veg because it was just a mess.. I prefer to FIM by far.. Odly enough, the one I topped had 2 lower branches grow long so THAT plant looks like it has 4 colas.. But the FIM plants have more bud sites and are more even on top which is good for indoors..

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Thank you all for the answers!
Not too bad, in the end it is all experience.... I don't think i'll fim again. I have already topped the Thai leaving only the first knot, and I will continue doing Mainlining to maximize the colas!

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Haha you might as well just topped. I’ve tried fimming and it has worked on numerous occasions but never had 4 tops shoot out. I’ve only ever had three. Idk if that from not doing it right but I always thought hey if I’m gonna try it, never do it on the main cola. Lol
That way if I fuck it up I can take it as a clone instead. Lol

Top Bottom