Will 200 Cfm Work?

• Thread starter Bigdave87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Is 200 CFM enought air flow to cool a 1000watt HID w/cool tube directly vented to the attic?

• Yes, It should be fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Find extra money or wait but definalty upgrade to a 6" 400 CFM FAN and Filter

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No, 400 isn't enough either.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bigdave87

Bigdave87

I currently have a 250 watt MH/HPS but I'm upgrading to a 1000 watt MH/HPS w/6'' cool tube. Will the 4"190CFM inline fan pulling through a 200CFM carbon filter cool my new light and properly vent the room? I'll have to get a 4" to 6" duct transition. Ill be venting directly into the attic above the closet.
Height: 7'6"
Width: 5'7"
Depth: 3'

Any input would be greatly appreciated before I order everything and get this all set up. Money is an issue I only have about $400 to get this going.

The Terps

The Terps

You have about 125 cf room so you will be exchanging the air inyour room 1 and a half times per minute I'd say that is more than adiquite. But time will tell you may need a bigger fan during the hotter months but I doubt it. Mount it as high as possible so it pulls the hottest air out of the room.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I currently have a 250 watt MH/HPS but I'm upgrading to a 1000 watt MH/HPS w/6'' cool tube. Will the 4"190CFM inline fan pulling through a 200CFM carbon filter cool my new light and properly vent the room? I'll have to get a 4" to 6" duct transition. Ill be venting directly into the attic above the closet.
Height: 7'6"
Width: 5'7"
Depth: 3'

Any input would be greatly appreciated before I order everything and get this all set up. Money is an issue I only have about $400 to get this going.

if it was stand alone for the light yes... if youre trying to do the room too..no... youre only savings graces will be because its winter... youre in trouble in summer

The Terps

The Terps

Oh and light not just room disregard above post something to think about would be getting a second 4" fan for your room although room maybe to small. I think these guys are right

gwheels

gwheels

I have to run my 460 CFM fan at full blast when the light is on. At that speed I keep a consistant 78 to 80 degrees F at the top of what the canopy is. If the fan runs at half speed (200 cfm) It gets up to about 86.

With a 1000 watt fixture heat will be the problem and I think a bigger fan sure makes it easier to make the plants happy but I am a newb. :)

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I have to run my 460 CFM fan at full blast when the light is on. At that speed I keep a consistant 78 to 80 degrees F at the top of what the canopy is. If the fan runs at half speed (200 cfm) It gets up to about 86.

With a 1000 watt fixture heat will be the problem and I think a bigger fan sure makes it easier to make the plants happy but I am a newb. :)

And if you added a hepa intake filter that 440 wouldn't keep up under resistance.

I have a 396cfm canfan in a 20 cu ft tent with a high flow "6 car intake filter on it lol (need that high performance airflow).

And the fan controller eventually maxes out the fan after about 5-10 minutes of the hps turning on.

Temp reaches a peak of °87 then stabilizes there. Dropping down to °83-84 as my house temp drops on its way to kicking on the furnace.

Furnace kicks on its back to °86-87.
Temp in the house fluctuates in the winter from °70 when the furnace kicks on. To °74 after its warmed the whole house up and shut off.

What I'm saying is that people say a 440 will do for a 1000 watt hps in a big tent. But I'm sure they only mean one with a passive intake.

I would like to see those same people running that 1000 watt tent with an intake filter on it like a controlled environment should have. I'm surprised more people don't use intake filters.

I'm just saying a "6 396 cfm canfan barely keeps up with a 20 cu ft tent with 400w light in a cooltube fixture in a °70-°74 home with an intake filter on (and freshly cleaned).

So why will 40 extra cfm and 600 more watts in a larger airspace work better?

gwheels

gwheels

My temps are with a 550 watt cob light. I would imagine it is a lot hotter with an HPS but i have nothing to compare it to. And my grow tent is 104 cubic feet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom