Will A Seeded Plant Take Longer to Finish?

• Thread starter Pandaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pandaman

Hey fellow dirt munchers :)

I have a Love Potion that is chok-full of seeds, the whole plant. She's coming up on her 12th week in flower and there is only about 25% cloudiness. No amber at all. Supposed to finish at 12 weeks on Friday, 25th.

Ocean Forrest, 1000w Hps, tent, dual vented (no extreme temps).

All Fox Farm Nutes, I may have ran Beastie Bloomz a bit longer than I should have. Bottle says "Final weeks of flowering"... Feed, feed, feed, water, water, repeat. Haven't flushed, grow pot (5gal) seems to be choked with roots. Recently, I'm only using Cha-Ching and water.

Funny: Apparently a seed fell in the dirt and now I have a seedling growing at the edge of the pot! Just got her second pair of leaves... Crazy!

What do you guys think? Will A Seeded Plant Take Longer to Finish?

I

Inhale

I think it all depends on the size of clone we are comparing to. I can easily take 10"+ cuts that are 5-10 leaf sets and ready to flower as soon as rooted... so IMO yes.

If we are talking small clones <4" 2-3 leaf sets, single stalk... then 2-3 weeks seems like a good little race.

I am sure the hormone levels in the seed are much more focused on growing a good root system. However, adding rooting hormones to the mature plant can help induce further and quickened roots to emerge. Other hormones are already in the more mature cut, while a seed must mature before these hormones are more readily available.

Also, in my opinion, a seedling can die easier than a clone, BECAUSE, a clone has more surface area for roots to emerge. Under watering and letting some roots die isn't good, but it might & does happen, and if you only have a single root, there is less margin of error. On the contrary, a clone with no rooting system, and low humidity is also a disaster.

P

Pandaman

Thanks, Inhale!

Sorry I didn't post this in my first post but this Love Potion #1(Original - Not crossed with G13) is from seed. I want to preserve this great strain.

She vegged for way too long (Approx. 4 months!).

To water her, I have to flood the whole top of the pot and wait for the water to slowly absorb into the root-choked soil (30sec- 1.5min), then repeat. She's in a 5gal hard pot and she seems to absorb about 1.5gal before a steady stream starts coming out the bottom. Her soil gets dry on the top in just one day, not pulling away from the edges, but at first sight, you can see she needs water.

I'm prob freaking for nothing... Maybe she got shocked in flower and that held her back a week or two... Maybe pollination causes a longer flowering cycle? Does that sound feasible?

Again, thanks :)

Top Bottom