Will An Inline Exhaust Suffice?

• Thread starter MW7945
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MW7945

MW7945

So, I've got my tent all setup and whatnot. Just waiting on seeds. I have an 11" fan at the bottom and a 6" fan at the top in terms of air circulation. I have a 36x36x72 tent. The thing is, I'm using an LED light so I really don't need to move a whole lot of heat out. I let it run for about 4 hours the other day with the "Veg" lights on and it only got to 77-78 degrees just with the circulation fans going.

A 6" inline fan claims 240 cfm (at half the price of "normal" exhaust fans). Would this suffice? The calculated cfm for my fan is 168 cfm, so that still leaves room even for the 20% drag from a charcoal filter.

Basically, has anyone ever just used the cheaper inline fans as an exhaust? Since heat is an issue, it's more so just to clean out the smell in the later stages really

CannaNovice

CannaNovice

So, I've got my tent all setup and whatnot. Just waiting on seeds. I have an 11" fan at the bottom and a 6" fan at the top in terms of air circulation. I have a 36x36x72 tent. The thing is, I'm using an LED light so I really don't need to move a whole lot of heat out. I let it run for about 4 hours the other day with the "Veg" lights on and it only got to 77-78 degrees just with the circulation fans going.

A 6" inline fan claims 240 cfm (at half the price of "normal" exhaust fans). Would this suffice? The calculated cfm for my fan is 168 cfm, so that still leaves room even for the 20% drag from a charcoal filter.

Basically, has anyone ever just used the cheaper inline fans as an exhaust? Since heat is an issue, it's more so just to clean out the smell in the later stages really
i had the cheap galvanized inline fans they rust and fail after about a year especially in high humidity clone/veg. Maybe if you could find one mostly plastic. I ended up getting a ipower fan or something like that. I got it off amazon froma wholesaler. it was 130$ delivered 640 cfp and came with clamps 25 ft 6" duct and cannon charcoal scrubber if the doors are closed on my tents its so strong it sucks the sides in like a vaccum. If I close all the doors in my tents temp goes up to 86-90 so i keep one side onep with a box fan hanging from a zip tie sucking in fresh A/C air. now its sitting at 79 and 62%rh

MW7945

MW7945

I was worried they'd have humidity issues. I'm just a lot deeper in $$$ than I originally anticipated for my first grow and was trying to cut corners in cost. I'm kind of tempted to give it a shot if I can get a year out of it though. I don't really need something that moves 640 cfm honestly. LED's really don't push off that much heat.

My only concern is that putting a filter on it would choke it out. They really don't consume a whole lot for watts so it's nice, but the thing constantly running at 3000 rpm probably isn't the most quiet thing ever either.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You will need a real vortex fan, those inline fans arent made to cool tents. LeD puts off alot more heat than you think and it builds up, you need to exchange the air in the tent to keep it cool. Try ebay they have great deals on fan filter combos. Less than 100$ for a 4 inch fan, filter, and ducting...

MW7945

MW7945

I was going to go the 4" route since I could get the fan/filter/and duct for sub $100. But, most of the 4" fans only run around 190-210 cfm. That'd be cutting it close and I'd have to run that thing at full blast anyways.

Maybe I'll just have to break down and get a 6" system.

Top Bottom